Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Over half a million auctions at last!!!!

Default Re: Over half a million auctions at last!!!!

WHEW!!! I'm beat! It's been a very busy time around here with a sick dog, baby chicks and a cold spell which (gratefully!) didn't last long - it will be back up in the high 70's by the end of the week. Yesterday and today are "house cleaning" days so I've had a bit of time to get caught up with all going on here. AGAIN - so grateful that eBid keeps me posted on anything to do with my listings here!

Sarge - so glad to hear it turned out to be sciatic nerve problems instead of DVT!! When mine acts up I have a simple exercise that I do a couple of times that makes it better. I'd be happy to share details - maybe save you some trips to the doctor. Check out this for your Pink Floral Bowl that I recognized

Moony - Happy Anniversary!

Maple - sorry to hear the bad news about your FIL staying in hospital so long. That does wear a person down

Meebo - cancer now to deal with again - so very sorry That "monster" seems to be rearing it's ugly head everywhere!! Just had another friend diagnosed with cancer in the lymph system and has probably spread all over his body by now so not a lot of hope but he's going to do treatments anyway.

Just got back from across the creek. My neighbor has ALS (Lou Gehrig's) and falls a lot. His daughter called as he wouldn't answer his phone so I took my man (he's very tall) and we went over to peek through the windows to see if we could see him. Turned out he'd gone for breakfast with his lady friend and had not checked in with his daughter - man, is he ever gonna get a chewing from her! LOL!!

Sending lots of positive energy out to everybody ..... ya'all take care!!
    Last edited by Shesawaya38485; 24th October 2016 at 04:42 PM.

I didn't sleep well last night either, got woken up by neighbours arriving home around 3.00 am. Tried to get back to sleep but my brain went into overdrive, got up at 4.30am ish, made a cup of tea, did a Sudoku puzzle then tried to sleep. No luck - just couldn't settle, so I started scanning some postcards then I had another cup of tea and scoffed some biscuits as well coz I was hungry.
    I finally realised after an hour or so that I was not going to sleep again, so set to work making some candles for my daughters friend, who has asthma and can't burn paraffin candles.
    Does anyone else suffer with this horrible insomnia? It's draining me.

Sarge, I'm green with envy at the thoughts of you going to Cornwall - be sure to have a few jars of Spingo for me if you just accidentally happen to come across the Blue Anchor!
    Buttons, be sure to stock up the fridge - I think Sarge wants me to have a cold one, so get plenty of beers lined up, must obey orders.
    Oh, and line up some rocking choons as well - we could just have a partee!
    Visit my clothes store -here
    Look in my treasure in trove ! here
    For
    soy wax candles, tarts & melts click here
    For trading cards click here
    Visit my Tazo barhere

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

good morning! Again an early start and I really didn't want to get up. But what's the point in lying in bed and not being able to sleep? Are the clocks changing this weekend? It is so very dark for much of the day. I have left tea and coffee in the canteen so please help yourself. It's shopping later and who knows, there could be another item for the YDC included. I haven't even looked yet what's on offer. See you later

Forum Saint
    View Anniemcc2's Feedback (+3934)
    All-About Anniemcc2
    View Anniemcc2's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by meebo1 View Post
    Are the clocks changing this weekend?
    Clocks go back one hour on the night 29/30 October.
    https://www.gov.uk/when-do-the-clocks-change

Coughing and sneezing like a goodun' this morning so won't be going too far today.

Time for another mug of tea,

"Does anyone else suffer with this horrible insomnia? It's draining me."

Yes, I do.....and you have my sympathy. I frequently wake up around 2.00 am and go downstairs to read, have a cuppa, and a biscuit. The biscuit is obligatory

I have tried everything over the years and now have to accept that this is a pattern which is not going to change now I am well into my seventies. I also find that if I have a really good night - maybe 7 hours - then my batteries are charged and that will be the last good night for ages.

Unlike you, though, I don't feel drained and usually have plenty of energy so maybe that is all the sleep my body needs.

Laurencekirk, Aberdeenshire, United Kingdom
    View Maelbrigda's Feedback (+2605)
    All-About Maelbrigda
    View Maelbrigda's Listings
    Forum Posts

I too get up around 3-4ish and generally go back to bed at 7 for another 2 hours. I feel exhausted most of the time and am sure this is one of the reasons my driving isnt progressing as fast as i would like. away to tick nick
    Simply Handmade all my handmade items
    Maelbrigda's Bits and Pieces For Clothing and Jewellery, Ornaments, Odds & Ends & Much More
    Craft Store Crafty bits & pieces. Patterns, Card, Yarn, Stamps and more
    Books, Blu Rays, DVD's, CD's and Vinyl Records
    https://www.ebid.net/uk/stores/The-Pagan-Tree

Please have a look. I combine postage wherever possible.

View maplegin's Feedback (+1177)
    All-About maplegin
    View maplegin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Morning all,

Off visiting to the hospital again, FIL has taken a few steps again but he wears him out, also untill they can stop forcing air into him he can't learn to talk again, & thats now 51 days in there |& has not had any solid food, has had a few sips of liquid but not able to drink probly.

Before we go must go & look at YDC's

I just couldn't sleep again last night. I got to sleep about 5.00am so have slept most of the morning which is really annoying, I think I will have to give in and take some pain killers tonight before bed. Am a bit worried how I'm going to sleep in Cornwall as my brother's bungalow is very small but at least he has insomnia like Private Stitch (he has also tried everything over the years) so we will probably be awake together !

Wow Private Away, I'm impressed with your powers of observation it must be those years in the RAF ! 10/10 for spotting those dishes, thank you very much.
    I would take that link away now however in case HQ get the hump about another ecommerce site !

The doctor doesn't think it's sciatica this time (I have had that before) but maybe arthritic changes going on.

Lieutenant Maplegin it's certainly going to take your FIL a long time to get back on his feet after 51 days as he will have to have loads of physio for muscle wastage I expect.

I am absolutely freezing, i can hardly move my fingers, they are white the heating is on 20 and is just a waste of money as it's not heating me up a hot water bottle and a hot choccy is next up and if that doesnt work i am going to put my coat on and get a blanket, i now have new heating, double glazing, stair carpet and the house is colder now than it was before we started. I look like Rudolph with a pink hat on

Quote Originally Posted by Tropical_Trish View Post

Sarge, I'm green with envy at the thoughts of you going to Cornwall - be sure to have a few jars of Spingo for me if you just accidentally happen to come across the Blue Anchor!
    Buttons, be sure to stock up the fridge - I think Sarge wants me to have a cold one, so get plenty of beers lined up, must obey orders.
    Oh, and line up some rocking choons as well - we could just have a partee!
    I haven't gone yet Private Tropical so just behave yourself !
    I don't know if I'll get to the Blue Anchor but I know I shall be in the Trengilly Wartha (which is a lovely erm ... establishment !) on Wednesday night as my brother is playing there with some other musicians.

I'm cold too Private Buttons. The stupid plumber that came to service our hot water heater and fit our new gas fire didn't have the right kind of pipe with him for the fire. So he's disconnected the old fire, saying it wasn't safe, and can't come back to fit the new one until after we get back from Cornwall. As we only have a small house we haven't got central heating so I'm sitting huddled by a little convector heater as I can't be bothered to light a real fire !

Thread Information