Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Over half a million auctions at last!!!!

Default Re: Over half a million auctions at last!!!!

Hey all! It's been a couple of busy days - got some more floor put down, baby chicks are moved to new quarters and off my front porch, got my largest area rug pressure washed as well as the chicken coops, a portion of the house, the feed and storage sheds and some miscellaneous items. LOVE my pressure washer - saves me tons of scrubbing

It has been a painful month!! In addition to the "normal" back and neck issues, I've run a nail though my foot, had the skin on the back of my hand ripped open by a cat that got scared when a cicada on the porch "sounded off" just as I was picking the cat up (had it taped and glued back together at the hospital) and a couple of days ago I decided to play "slip & slide" down the hill behind the house. Since bad luck seems to come in 3's, I should be good to go for a while now!

Annie - I tried a FB selling page but it seemed more work than it was worth as Maelbrigda said and in the end I took it down. I was Admin of 2 local selling groups for over a year and had great success getting rid of almost all the things I had for sale that I couldn't ship. I don't use it much any more, as there are only about 16,000 people in the entire county and after my groups closed down, there were tons more started. I hear through the grapevine that nobody sells much on any of them any more. I do occasionally put up a link to my eBid store and let people know they don't have to pay shipping - yes, some have thought they would have to pay shipping and have it sent instead of meeting in town - go figure!! If there aren't already a lot of groups in your local area you could start one of your own. I didn't realize you were in Wales (not being familiar with all the towns there) It's a place I've always wanted to visit as my great grandmother was from there.

Buttons - where did you hear about a new facebook market place? Is it different from having a "page"?

Maple - glad to hear your FIL is doing better!!

HerMajesty - Regarding the Sarge - sounds like the same "protocol" I used with my superiors in the Air Force I do believe my little "holler" in the woods is enchanted but that's probably all I should say or everyone will think I've been dipping into the Sarge's Special Sauce!

Moonie - sorry to hear about your listings but that does give me a little edge to matching your goal! I don't think your things disappear into a black hole - I think it's the fairies!! I think I still have a Fairie Tarot set for sale

Meebo - my sincere condolences for the loss of your MIL. I hope you have a wonderful time in Dublin!! Another place I'd love to visit!!

Sure glad I missed all the "spammy posts" - LOL!!

Sgt. Cornish - I loved your "shower" post! The comment "I had better get cracking" really cracked me up (pun intended!)

Tropical - you'd better make sure no one is around with a camera when the Sarge sends you of for a "cold one". Your picture might end up here too!!

I think I'd better get off here and go get some work done - like the Sarge said, winter will be here all too soon and I still have tons to get done before it does. These old bones don't do well with cold weather. That's why I like eBid so much - when I have to focus on other priorities eBid lets me know if something requires my immediate attention!

Y'all take care!!

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Good morning!I am home (late last night) and daughter will be back this afternoon. Dublin was nice, especially as we met up with a friend and his family whom we had lost touch with. He lived with us for a year or so while at the Uni here and we chaperoned his courting! Now they have 2 children, Anyway, it was all nice - tiring, but nice. When this week is over, I should be able to know when I can go to Germany and make plans accordingly. Time to put the kettle on

Forum Saint
    View Anniemcc2's Feedback (+3934)
    All-About Anniemcc2
    View Anniemcc2's Listings
    Forum Posts

Morning - good to see you back meebo. Just hope that you're not too tired after the past few days.

Another damp, misty start to the day here in Mid wales - and the heating's on

More listing today + a trip to the PO at some point.

But first, another mug of tea.

Mornin' troops. Glad you had a nice time Private Meebo.

Gawd I've been bombarded with appointments here, starting today. I went a broke a tooth last night so now have to go to the dentist later this morning for an emergency appointment. The gas fitter has said he might turn up on Friday to service my hot water heater and fit a new gas fire, if not it will be next week.
    Also next week I have a hospital appointment, hypno appointment and doctor appointment and on top of that Cadet Huw is meant to be coming home at the weekend for his brother's birthday celebration. I can't believe baby Cadet Malcolm is a quarter of a century today !!!

Private Away I've got great great grandparents that were Welsh so we are probably cousins !

Shesa, Put facebook marketplace into the google search and it should come up, we don't hear much about it here as it is just launched in the US, it doesn't look any different than a local selling group to me,

Sarge I know exactly how you feel i get over faced when all these things hit me at once and end up wanting to run off in the end. Oh and i lost one but at the moment can't find anything to replace it with as i can't get to anything.

Private Away I've got great great grandparents that were Welsh so we are probably cousins

My grandparents were out-and-out Cornish - so we are probably related

My claim to fame is that my grandmother's cousin - Maurice Treneer - invented Alka Seltzer. Her other cousin wrote 'A School House in the Wind' - a memoir of growing up in Gorran, Cornwall. She was quite a girl - rode a motor bike and went to Oxford University.

Forum Saint
    View Anniemcc2's Feedback (+3934)
    All-About Anniemcc2
    View Anniemcc2's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shesawaya38485 View Post
    Annie - I tried a FB selling page but it seemed more work than it was worth as Maelbrigda said and in the end I took it down. I was Admin of 2 local selling groups for over a year and had great success getting rid of almost all the things I had for sale that I couldn't ship. I don't use it much any more, as there are only about 16,000 people in the entire county and after my groups closed down, there were tons more started. I hear through the grapevine that nobody sells much on any of them any more. I do occasionally put up a link to my eBid store and let people know they don't have to pay shipping - yes, some have thought they would have to pay shipping and have it sent instead of meeting in town - go figure!! If there aren't already a lot of groups in your local area you could start one of your own. I didn't realize you were in Wales (not being familiar with all the towns there) It's a place I've always wanted to visit as my great grandmother was from there.

Buttons - where did you hear about a new Facebook market place? Is it different from having a "page"?
    Shesa - I already admin two selling groups on Facebook - one local and one international [lacemaking & needlework] - just thought I could use a personal page to 'feed' these and other groups and also to draw attention to eBid.

I'm already finding that my selling posts - even local ones - are already being listed on Facebook Marketplace. I haven't put them there - so it seems Facebook has software that's picking up selling posts and adding them to Marketplace.

Quote Originally Posted by love_to_stitch View Post
    Private Away I've got great great grandparents that were Welsh so we are probably cousins

My grandparents were out-and-out Cornish - so we are probably related

My claim to fame is that my grandmother's cousin - Maurice Treneer - invented Alka Seltzer. Her other cousin wrote 'A School House in the Wind' - a memoir of growing up in Gorran, Cornwall. She was quite a girl - rode a motor bike and went to Oxford University.
    Sounds like you have an interesting family Private Stitch. It's my husband's family that go back generations in Cornwall. Lots of Pascoes and Tresidders in the family but I don't know about Treneers, I'll have to ask him. I wouldn't be surprised if we were related somehow though. Lol, you have to be careful what you say in Cornwall with all the cousins around ! I'm putting together a board on Pinterest about past times in Cornwall that you might find interesting. https://uk.pinterest.com/cornishmaid1961/past-times-in-cornwall/

Well I've been patched up at the dentist but can't have the proper filling done until the 17th November. What is the betting the temporary falls out when I am in Cornwall at the end of the month ?!

Private Buttons I'll forgive you this once as you are in a pickle, just make sure you step up the guard duty !

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cornishmaid1961 View Post
    ...you have to be careful what you say in Cornwall with all the cousins around !
    I thought it was Norfolk that was infamous for inbreeding.

Well I've been patched up at the dentist but can't have the proper filling done until the 17th November. What is the betting the temporary falls out when I am in Cornwall at the end of the month ?!

You can get emergency DIY filling kits from most pharmacists and many other places. Might be worth getting one to take with you just in case. If you lose the temporary filling there is a risk that infection could set in if not immediately replaced. Then you risk losing the tooth entirely (been there, done that).

Thread Information