Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Over half a million auctions at last!!!!

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Over half a million auctions at last!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cornishmaid1961 View Post
    Wet and miserable here this morning troops.

Still can't complain after the lovely mild weather in September.

Wet here. Though my Yucca plant outside has just thrown up a new flower head. Supposed to flower in the height of summer, but this one could be in flower in November if it survives.

When I got home I found my monitor screen had gone blank again so spent half an hour trying to get it going again with no joy. I went and ordered a new one, paying extra to get it here today, and then booger me if the blurdy thing didn't suddenly start working again ! Oh well I shall keep the new one, just in case, as it's happened twice in the last week and this monitor is years old. Think I bought it not long after I joined eBid so it has been good, this is the first time it has started to play up.

Possibly a connection problem? Check or swap out all leads. If you have a slotted graphics card remove from the slot and reinsert. Slotted cards are subject to thermal creep and can work their way out of the slot over time.

Quote Originally Posted by astral276;16775[I

[/I]

Possibly a connection problem? Check or swap out all leads. If you have a slotted graphics card remove from the slot and reinsert. Slotted cards are subject to thermal creep and can work their way out of the slot over time.
    Thermal creep...... Is that like Dhobi Itch?

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Good morning and I hope it will turn out to be a good day. I am off to the canteen shortly to make tea and coffee. as we did the shopping yesterday, I can offer some nice Brioche to go go with that. It'll be another busy day, trying to get the house in order for the invasion of family and friends. One of C's brothers is coming this afternoon to talk about the funeral arrangements. I'll be glad when this is all over. My stomach is now growling, so I better move myself

Forum Saint
    View Anniemcc2's Feedback (+3934)
    All-About Anniemcc2
    View Anniemcc2's Listings
    Forum Posts

Morning - just had a massive W10 update - it took over an hour! Worth the wait as I found that I'd sold some of the lace bobbins I listed only yesterday

Don't worry sarge, I have plenty more to list later today - just got to check that I've photographed them.

Heavy morning mist here but the sun has broken through and it looks a lot brighter out there.

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post

Thank you, yes, I faffed around with the leads for over half an hour with no joy. It mysteriously sprang back to life sometime afterwards. As it's the second time it's happened in a week I suspect it's coming to the end of it's life. As to a slotted graphics card, don't think I've got one of those as far as I can see ?!

So much for bloomin' next day delivery over on the river, I hung around all yesterday waiting for my new monitor and it never arrived and now I've got to hang around today. At least they have refunded the extra delivery money I paid out. I was however impressed with their telephone system where you press a button on your computer and they phone you !

Tut, Private Mcc2, it's only the second of the month and you are already letting your guard down !
    The potato peeler is on the way !

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cornishmaid1961 View Post
    Thank you, yes, I faffed around with the leads for over half an hour with no joy. It mysteriously sprang back to life sometime afterwards. As it's the second time it's happened in a week I suspect it's coming to the end of it's life.
    Possible. It could be a thermal fault in the monitor that cuts it out when it reaches a certain temperature and then cuts it back in again when it cools. Sadly, as most stuff nowadays, likely not economical to get repaired.

Academic now as you have purchased a replacement. Let's just hope that you don't still have the problem when you install the new monitor.

I would have tried it on a different machine (maybe got a friend to run it on their system) to see if the problem remained before buying a new one - but then I am a bit of a miser.

Cornishmaid & Buttons - I "feel for ya" I'm putting in new flooring in the kitchen, living room, hallway, office and bathroom. Makes the whole house an uproar and I seem to spend more time searching for things that have been moved out of the way than I do getting the floor laid

Astral - I noticed yesterday that I have a new clematis bloom?? Wouldn't hurt my feelings a bit if we skipped winter and started over again with spring - wonder what the chances of that could be??

The plan for the day is to lock myself up in the office so I can give these old bones a rest but, knowing me - I'll probably end up working on the floor before the day is over.

Tell me about it, we have half the kitchen in the dining room half the stuff out of the back bedroom where the shower is going in our bedroom all over the floor and now we have to have the new carpets pulled up that i just paid some cowboy to put down, took the money and ran, I have no blue badges for my car, a hospital appointment tomorrow for bloods and now the builders or some of them are coming to see where they will be working, i told them do not come on the third as i need to go to the hospital so what do they do pick the 3rd out of the other 31 days in the month. i can tell them how to get the electric cable through but will they listen, no, we may have to go up into the loft, he is that fat that he won't get his head in the loft and why go to the 4th floor when the shower is on what i call the first floor ( i think it's called first floor in UK ) but i have always called it the 2nd, the first floor to me in ground. I have decided not to go to the hospital tomorrow as if i leave mike with them they will re wire Buckingham palace as soon as they start we will have no sink and no loo on this floor where i sit with my computer. we have a bath upstairs but if i get in it I will never be heard from again.Name:  shower-smiley.gif
Views: 36
Size:  25.2 KB

Private Buttons I do feel for you I've only just started to get my quarters sorted out after my painting spurt and it's nice to be able to move again ! Never mind that floor Private Away lock that office door and throw away the key eBid listing is much more important ! We must get back to that glorious 4 million mark.

I went out to practice my combat skills on my brambles this afternoon and when I came back in the monitor had given up the ghost again. It seems to think if it goes to screensaver mode then it needn't wake up again ! I've threatened it saying I shall give it one last chance but if it does it again then I shall be unpacking the new one !

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Good morning. I can't get used to the darkness when I get up. I sometimes wish I could just turn over and sleep longer. But my brain starts working as soon as I open my eyes so I just lie there thinking about things I could / should be doing. And then I get up and start doing. Anyway, it's time for me to go to the canteen to make tea and coffee. I also can feed the washing machine, as the forecast promised a dry day. Still have more photos to take and a bit more cleaning to do, then I can concentrate tomorrow to on the food prep. It'll be good when all is sorted. Better make a start. See you later

Thread Information