Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Over half a million auctions at last!!!!

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Over half a million auctions at last!!!!

Good morning. Just a quick hallo, before visiting the canteen. Mil is awake and I slept late - 5.30!!! But I expect I'll be popping in during the day to get away from the kitchen. I love parties and even all the work involved, but am glad this one is only once a year

Forum Saint
    View Anniemcc2's Feedback (+3934)
    All-About Anniemcc2
    View Anniemcc2's Listings
    Forum Posts

Morning - today is clean-the-shower-drain day - fiddly but necessary.

Otherwise, I will be filling in Grandad Palmer's page on the IWM's website https://livesofthefirstworldwar.org/ I have all the information, including his medals - just have to scan his BMD certificates to upload along with his service record.
    Was hoping to be able to do my other Grandfather's record as well, but his Service Record is missing and all I have his Dad's memories of his father talking about his time in France, possible on the Somme.

But first another mug of tea.

View maplegin's Feedback (+1177)
    All-About maplegin
    View maplegin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Morning all,

Glad Buttons you have learn't a bit more about your tablets, spreading them out over the day sounds much more sense, N finds that with the tramador would rather taken one & then top up after 2hours, & that seems to work.

Moonie hope you will be able to sort your meds out. Can you actually talk to them on the phone.

Glad Annie you have been able to get the details for at least one of the grandfathers.

Hope to list some more & then get into the garden really need to tidy up & cut back again, also finish the fence/

I certainly with Nigel on the tramadol, i would rather take none as I don't like the effect it has on me. but i need something today so will start with an ibuprofen I think. I havent got going yet but know I am alive as i hurt.

View madelaine's Feedback (+5871)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

Annie, have you searched medal records on ancestry or findmypast? If you find him, then post on the lives of the first world war board asking for him to be added.
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

Lol, on my father's side of the family the whole family was on holiday in Germany when WW1 broke out. They were still sitting on the beach building sand castles and sticking union jacks in them three days later, blissfully unaware of what was going on !

My great grandmother, my great aunt and great uncle (who were children) got repatriated via Holland. My grandfather (who was a teenager) and great grandfather were locked up for the duration of the war in Ruhleben prison camp. They had to clean out a horse box which was to be their home for several years but it probably saved their lives Private Mcc2 !

Managed to get a couple more listed yesterday and two more sacks out of the hedge. The hawthorn in the hedge is playing havoc with my poor hands they are really sore !

Well tell himself your hands are to sore to cook, he should be doing that not you. grrrrrrrrr

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

So categories all sorted in the new store...still shifting stuff between stores

Is taking bloomin' ages...so decided to list the odd new item in between shifting stuff or nothing will get done Managed to get out today to potter in the garden. Can't see the flowers for weeds

Forum Saint
    View Anniemcc2's Feedback (+3934)
    All-About Anniemcc2
    View Anniemcc2's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by madelaine View Post
    Annie, have you searched medal records on ancestry or findmypast? If you find him, then post on the lives of the first world war board asking for him to be added.
    I've got the medal record [if it's his] and that's how the Lives of the First World War site works. The name is right; the regiment is right - A.S.C. and his regimental number is right [I think] as he worked with horses so has the prefix R. I can add all his personal info, but am very afraid of hijacking someone else's grandfather! Unfortunately no one else in the family has any of Grandad's effects/memorabilia/papers/medal/photos - unlike all the info I have on my other Grandfather.

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

Finally managed to list a bunch of lovely stuff

My 5th store is still a bit empty....I think this is going to be a long job

Got out into the garden a couple of times today to tidy up while the weather is fine

Thread Information