Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Over half a million auctions at last!!!!

View maplegin's Feedback (+1177)
    All-About maplegin
    View maplegin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Over half a million auctions at last!!!!

Apart from going visiting Nigel parents have been caught up stripping & sorting the stamps we bought, one good thing have condensed them down so the recycling bin has easily been filled. I really don't want to see any more stamps

Wish I had the camera with me this morning found our dog chaseing a baby squirrel I saw him & shouted & the squirrel went up over & into the trees & the dog just couldn't work out how the squirrel could go on the branches & climb he stood there in wonder.Nigels parents have always a family of them if not 2 that come & feed on the nuts & normally Rex is the otherside of the glass watching out of the window.

Sgt hope you had a restfull day.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr I am having a fight with windows 10 BT has been refusing to connect and when i did manage it went off again. I have wiped my windows 10 computer so i could update the bios and cant figure out how to do it when i get in the bios, si now i have a disabled computer and a stupid one, and something keeps donging. Oh well Mike is making me a banana split so that may cheer me up, he made a lovely roast pork dinner for me.

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Good morning! Outside it is kind of grey, so it may rain later. I have a washing load to dry, so I hope that can get dry first. I am back from my forum break - can't handle the withdrawal symptoms. Mil is talking away so I shall make our tea and coffee shortly. I made a decision about my stamp collection this morning - it needs to be sold. Do I need to invest in small paper(?) envelopes or will small plastic ones be ok? And any hints on how to determine the value? Any help will be much appreciated. Off to the canteen now. Have a good day.

Forum Saint
    View Anniemcc2's Feedback (+3934)
    All-About Anniemcc2
    View Anniemcc2's Listings
    Forum Posts

Morning - washing's out on the line, and wondering what to do next once I've checked my relists.

Been reading the various news websites - what a load of cobblers is being written about Brexit - gave up in the end !

Good to see you back, meebo. I also have 2 if not 3 stamp collections to either break up and list or sell as a whole. Played with the idea of taking to a stamp dealer in Shrewsbury for valuation, but that would be a whole day taken up and no guarentee of success.

All-About maplegin
    View maplegin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Meebo Somer has been making paper enveloped for the stamps, he said if you send your email address he can send you the template he uses.The one good thing with stamps is they are easy to post.

Will try & list a few cards for Somer then will get back to sorting the mint stamps at least a years postage sorted, its just the time it takes.

Hope everyone gets there washing dry decided to wait till tomorrow, as its very heavy skys here.

View madelaine's Feedback (+5873)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

I reuse greetings cards envelopes etc for stamps, though I have some proper paper ones which came from mother-in-law who used them to store film negs. I do my best to avoid buying stuff but, as I have TONS of stamps to sell, I will have to buy eventually.

As for valuation - look at the prices already on here. The secret of selling stamps is to have multiple items listed that a buyer wants - few stamp sales are just one stamp.

Though, unless you have a collection that has some quality stuff, you may be wasting your time.
    Last edited by madelaine; 27th June 2016 at 10:28 AM.
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

All-About maplegin
    View maplegin's Listings
    Forum Posts

I agree Madeline, ofton with the stamps they will buy several if they are cheap, Also I keep any thing that think will be usefull to put stamps & other bits in,

Great to see you back Private Meebo. I'm going to need extra 'special' coffee over the next couple of days in order to cope with the YDC tally !
    I didn't know you had a stamp collection, you kept that quiet Private Meebo ! I still enjoy doing my stamps, I now have 28 full ring binder albums in my collection and 12 albums in a smaller collection that was started for Cadet Malcolm ! I only collect used stamps, but from all over the world, so I shall come and have a look when you start listing them to see if I can fill any gaps but I'm still wading through bags of stamps that people have given me over the years !

Two more sacks of hedge clippings bit the dust yesterday so it wasn't quite as relaxing as I had planned !

I put all my stamp collection and covers in two big bags and took them to the vets for them to raise money for rspca and pdsa.

Thread Information