Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Over half a million auctions at last!!!!

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Over half a million auctions at last!!!!

I do use my wok burner for an ordinary pan sometimes. I just need to remember that it's designed for a lot of heat quickly. On that note: good morning. I must go to the canteen to make tea and coffee as Mil is awake and wants her tea. And I have just remembered that I forgot to make bread again. I am not impressed with my memory. I just hope there is some in the freezer or I will be very hungry soon. Overcast outside, which is just as well as I need to do a little bit of housework. On that note I will disappear

Forum Saint
    View Anniemcc2's Feedback (+3934)
    All-About Anniemcc2
    View Anniemcc2's Listings
    Forum Posts

Need to go to Tesco for the Old Sailor's food shop as it didn't get done yesterday.

And on that note, I shall disappear!

Mornin' troops I decided to organise a bit of bomb disposal training in Bath last night just down the road from me !

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-somerset-36279782

I'm not surprised they found another one there as I've always known there was a bomb crater in that spot. The cadet's primary school was also built on an old bomb site and when I was revamping part of the playground with the PTA I was always a bit wary of what we might find when we were digging !

This is what it used to look like just a little bit down the road from where they found the bomb.

This was the remains of St Andrew's church, now demolished, which was just opposite the cadet's school and the school was named after it.

Last edited by cornishmaid1961; 13th May 2016 at 08:25 AM.

View maplegin's Feedback (+1177)
    All-About maplegin
    View maplegin's Listings
    Forum Posts

sounds as thou Sgt you had an enterning evening, at least you didn't get evactuated.

Glad the gin bar seems to be working ok.
    am afraid we have to go & pay some bills & stock up with a few bits,

Will try & get orginised to scan some more stuff.

Glad Buttons you are getting your kitchen back.

Thank you meebo, so in other words don't put the pressure cooker on it, it really was for my chip pan i wanted to use it, i think the little tiny burners are a waste of space unless you want to warm beans, but appart from that it's doing great, may try for a cake later if i can get mike to beat the butter and sugar as i am just in flop mode, the man from the social services in coming at two to check on mike for his eyes to see if they have anything to help him while he is undergoing treatment, i don't really see what they can do that the hospital can't unless the register him as partly blind, it's such a shame these things are happening to him as he was such a strong person and now he is beginning to look broken, poor sod also has to put up with me, right I am going to try and drag my self over the side of the bath to have a shower.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cornishmaid1961 View Post
    Mornin' troops I decided to organise a bit of bomb disposal training in Bath last night just down the road from me !
    Could turn out to be inert, as the Germans found that a UXB caused more disruption than a bomb that actually went off.

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    Could turn out to be inert, as the Germans found that a UXB caused more disruption than a bomb that actually went off.
    I wouldn't have thought so as the other bomb that landed close by in the school grounds actually exploded and left a massive crater !
    They are now saying it's a 500lb one and that people might not be allowed back to their homes tonight either. Bath traffic has been in gridlock all day and the schools near the area have been shut to try and keep down the traffic congestion.
    Last edited by cornishmaid1961; 13th May 2016 at 04:09 PM.

I just found out why the timer and minute minder does not work on my cooker..... because 4.00 is four hours no wonder my eggs were a bit hard.

All-About astral276
    Forum Posts

H
    Quote Originally Posted by buttons-and-bows View Post
    I just found out why the timer and minute minder does not work on my cooker..... because 4.00 is four hours no wonder my eggs were a bit hard.
    Reminds me of the time my mum put an Xmas pudding in the microwave set for 1 hour instead of 1 minute. Yes, lots of flames without the need of any brandy - and exit one microwave cooker.

All-About astral276
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cornishmaid1961 View Post
    I wouldn't have thought so as the other bomb that landed close by in the school grounds actually exploded and left a massive crater !
    Even then they were known to mix deliberate inerts into a stick of live bombs for the additional disruption (as you are now experiencing) that they would cause. Of course, all have to be treat as live now, just as they had to be back in the day.

Thread Information