Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Over half a million auctions at last!!!!

Default Re: Over half a million auctions at last!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by meebo1 View Post
    isn't it possible to find a home for a trial week? He might even enjoy himself and you get a break as well (maybe even permanently

Believe me I've looked Private Meebo, when trying to find cover for when we are away in April, but there are very few here in Bath that are classed as 'nursing' homes and they are all horrendously expensive. Bath is a very expensive city ! He needs to be in a nursing home because of the state of his legs, I don't think an ordinary care home would take him.

I feel for those of you who are dealing with the health situations of elderly parents. We've been in that situation. It can be very tricky, especially if the oldster is cantankerous. My MIL was a handful. Hubby was really good to her. It's a long boring story that I won't get into. We also helped out my mother for the last four years. She was easy to be around and we both miss her. Both mothers passed when they were 92. MIL had a stroke at 88 (died 2012) and Mom had compression fractures / congestive heart failure problems starting at 88 as well (died 2007). MIL's stroke happened when we were in the middle of dealing with Mom's estate. It was fun and games, but we got through it. Both mother were in houses until right before their passing. Lots of helping required.

Thank you troops, I'm O.K. just feeling a bit down about everything. Off to the theatre tonight to see Stewart Lee as some friends of ours bought us tickets as a Christmas present. Hoping that will cheer me up a bit at least. Just hope the Old Soldier manages to stay upright while we are gone !

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

[QUOTE=cornishmaid1961;1664644]Thank you troops, I'm O.K. just feeling a bit down about everything. Off to the theatre tonight to see Stewart Lee as some friends of ours bought us tickets as a Christmas present. Hoping that will cheer me up a bit at least. Just hope the Old Soldier manages to stay upright while we are gone ![/QUOTE

we have the same problem with a old soldier hes 95, fell broke the leg bone next to the hip, they will not operate so looks like a home with lifting gear, aweek on the physio people reckon he will be able to go home and get about with a wheel chair, so the live in , will stay on and nurses to get him out of bed into a wheel chair. luckly for me hes in italy, the moral of this story is, dont panic if something happens give things a little time to work through!!!

not a good monday gearbox sized up lucky i got home in 2nd gear, sods law i had a deal tomorrow morning to buy out a furniture restorers stock, it will all come out in the wash
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrr help me, help me, I need a pill Electrician just rang as i was setting out our meal, Sat down and himself says, What did he say, I said he is coming tomorrow between 5 & 6 and it will possibly need re wiring so he will put a pendant light up to keep us safe until he can do it properly in about 2 weeks..so himself says well I don't think it will all need re wiring, find out what it's going to cost first as if.......... at this point he got defend by me screaming at him, every time someone is going to come and do something you get in your I know it all mode, well I pulled myself up to my full Height, my house, my money so keep your gob shut and mind your own business.............. I will never know why he thinks he is in charge Sitting downstairs now sulking

Shouting works, the cupboard has been emptied, removed to the center of the kitchen ready to cut holes in tomorrow for the gas pipes, if you don't hear from me we blew up

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

I hope all is well in button's doll's house. And I certainly hope the work will be accomplished without any other problems. Here it is quiet at the moment and I hope it'll stay that way for a bit longer. Must visit the canteen for sorting out breakfast. I made bread yesterday, not in the machine, but the more conventional way. So it is not warm, but still fresh. later it will all be sliced and frozen in portions - if I find room in the freezer. I re-listed most of the records yesterday, but there seem to be some listings that have gone AWOL. So new listings will need to be made. Just in case I get bored, I suppose.

View maplegin's Feedback (+1177)
    All-About maplegin
    View maplegin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Good morning all, Becky hope you enjoyed your evening out, can understand that its getting you down, I suppose you are going to have to look at Nursing homes further away from Bath hopefully you can find one further away so you can have a few days holiday, sounds as though you need it,

Sgt Somer said a sniper has been in to him yesterday did a buy now, so perhaps they are waking up.

Buttons hope things have calmed down for you today, & that you will be on later & haven't had any more problems

At least Butons if a tile breaks & it will be under the cupboard does it matter.

Have noticed are kitchen tiles are getting worn have bought a mat to go over the bad place as neither of us can face re tileing.

Hope everyone has a good day, very frosty here.

I have cancelled the electrician, he can sort the sodding lights out himself later,everything I arrange is wrong, at the moment he is stood looking at a cupboard scratching his head wondering where to cut it to fit round the gas pipes. I am going to sit and knit and let him get on with it.
    Sorry sarge Have lost one.
    Have a good day everyone

Thread Information