Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Over half a million auctions at last!!!!

Default Re: Over half a million auctions at last!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by maplegin View Post

Sgt last night they showed on TV a lot of bath has had no refuse collections has that effected you?

Yes Lieutenant Maplegin. It's the recycling people that are taking the action. They sent out a lorry six days late last week and picked up the plastic, glass and cardboard but left the food bins full so we now have two weeks of rotting food and no more room. The food waste will now have to go in with our ordinary rubbish this week. They didn't pick up again yesterday which is our normal collection day so looks like the street will be full of recycling again this week.

Nothing to report here either. I might have to organise a few P.T. sessions to keep you all fit in this lull ... had better visit the mess to draw up some plans !

Sunny in North Wales Annie but only 5c. Hope the rest off your luggage arrives soon or you will have to use other halves knickers
    Mike is going to take a walk down the back road to get some new light fittings from the wholesalers at the bizz park and we will have to try and put them up ourselves, still got two to take back to B&Q that are no good as they are wall strip lights. still no reply from the gas fitter / plumber, must be on hols.

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Yikes! Cold and frost here this morning, but sunny! Brrrr..Across the valley I see snow on the mts of the Welsh Valleys. Seems the newbies are using the white on the ground to distract me. Guess I'm getting old. Will have one of the butlers run to town and get me new spectacles.
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

Went to B&Q to return the light fittings and to get some tile cement to tile under where the cooker and cupboard are going to go, Went to come back and the car would not move, Handbrake off in reverse let out clutch tried three times before I realised it went better if you pressed the accelerator instead of the brake pedal.
    I have picked a cooker, I picked a belling gas range in black ( wont show the dirt ) and it has a lid, i haven't pressed buy as yet just incase someone says, don't get it it a Belling country range 100GT gas cooker- black from curry's, any comments welcome.

Edited to say took me almost 4 hours to get one of the lights on, rang another electrician who never showed up or rang back.

Forum Saint
    View Anniemcc2's Feedback (+3934)
    All-About Anniemcc2
    View Anniemcc2's Listings
    Forum Posts

Morning - it's 9.34 am out here on Koh Samui. Out last night to a beach bar for family meal - came home with one mozzie bite whereas everyone else is covered.

Saga of missing suitcases continues - the first two belonged to himself and my sister-in-law. Those turned up the evening of our arrival.
    The next two belong to my son who arrived on a seperate flight - we found out this morning that they are at the airport awaiting collection, but will be delivered to the house later today.
    And as he is the Best Man at his brother's wedding next week, he now has his wedding clothes

Still very humid which means I'm not very good company at the moment, but it is supposed to go warm and dry by next Wednesday/Thursday in time for the beach wedding.

Time for another cuppa.
    Last edited by Anniemcc2; 16th January 2016 at 06:29 AM.

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

I do hope you'll get your cases soon, Annie. Although they may be on a world tour and enjoying themselves. Buttons, I haven't heard anything negative about Belling, but then I do lead a sheltered life. Canteen duty is done. It actually looks quite tidy there at the moment. I have just been sorting out a bunch of LPs which hopefully someone from Freecycle will collect later today. If all goes to plan, I'll be loosing some of my listings that way. I just realised that it is only 8 days till the YDC and I have a started project to finish. Must get a move on with that. So will probably be working on that while catching up on TV- Endeavour, Mr Selfridge and a few others

View maplegin's Feedback (+1177)
    All-About maplegin
    View maplegin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Annie hope your cases will turn up.

Buttons haven't heard anything against belling cookers.

Well a very frosty day here the ground was very hard & though the sun is out there are plenty of cars & roofs that are still white.

Off to do some more listing.

Thank you both about the belling, first i will get a gas fitter to check if we can fit it easily without having to re build the kitchen. Going to by a deep fat fryer first so at least we will have something to cook with incase I have a problem getting a fitter, i have a big infra-red grill in the back of the cupboard so that should cover us whilst things are being done or not done as the case maybe in north wales.
    Mike will be putting tiles down this afternoon i hope.
    Sorry I won't be listing on YDC but will do my share of bidding, must go and look. sorry in a bit of a mess.

I forgot to say yesterday that the Old Soldier was meant to be having a shower but appeared downstairs fully dressed. When questioned about it he said "Oh, I thought you were away in Barbados " ... I wish !!!

My mum used to have a belling cooker that lasted for umpteen years Private Buttons, mind you, you just can't tell these days as firms have changed so much. I haven't heard anything bad about them lately though. Hope your cooking won't be too much of a chore while you get things sorted.

Still nothing to report.

Thanks Sarge, I think I will go for the belling them, when i used to let flatlets out I had baby bellings in them and had no problems, not sure if the cover is glass but if it is it won't last long in here.
    Took me till 1.30 to get the lights to work, I don't really think any woman should have to stand on a ladder, poke tubes and starters and then put an old tube back in to be able to see in her kitchen........... tip marry a toy boy.

Thread Information