Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Over half a million auctions at last!!!!

View maplegin's Feedback (+1177)
    All-About maplegin
    View maplegin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Over half a million auctions at last!!!!

Annie as you say feel so sorry fr the people in Scotland & elsewhere where its bad, we (the dog walking friends) moan about how bad the reck is but lets face it the mud will wash off.

Sgt think a book by buttons would be a good idea. Buttons hope things start to improve for you soon.

Hope everyone in your house Sgt has recovered from Bithday celebrations.

What can you do girls but laugh or is hysteria setting in, Mike has just gone to PO and when he comes back we are going to attempt taking the old fittings down and getting the new ones on the ceiling, I can see this being something like the keystone cops and will also add that when we do anything together that we fight so someone may end up getting swatted with a light sabre ( tube), suns out but rooves are wet.

Laurencekirk, Aberdeenshire, United Kingdom
    View Maelbrigda's Feedback (+2605)
    All-About Maelbrigda
    View Maelbrigda's Listings
    Forum Posts

spent the morning house sitting for a friend waiting for a parcel that would be delivered between 7am and 12noon and it never turned up. Our area is a bit flooded and the road to montrose has been closed most of the week so that could be the problem.
    cleared out my wardrobe so now there is space to move things in it to see what i have. The box will go out to the garage, but it is flooded at the moment so it is sitting in the middle of the hall. Most of my ebid stuff is in the garage but they are in sealed plastic boxes on shelves so hopefully they are all ok. Needed to get a birthday card last night and they all seemed fine. Need to turn up the heating a little when the water drains away.
    Simply Handmade all my handmade items
    Maelbrigda's Bits and Pieces For Clothing and Jewellery, Ornaments, Odds & Ends & Much More
    Craft Store Crafty bits & pieces. Patterns, Card, Yarn, Stamps and more
    Books, Blu Rays, DVD's, CD's and Vinyl Records
    https://www.ebid.net/uk/stores/The-Pagan-Tree

Please have a look. I combine postage wherever possible.

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

The flooding around causes so many problems. It was interesting to read about a town in Yorkshire that went back to more aancient ways of flood prevention by slowing the water coming off the mts using bales of plant material, and allowing swamp lands to exist instea of spending millions on flood defense walls. Other towns in the area flooded and theirs didn't. Sometimes the old ways are better for an area.

Hopefully the weather doesn't get a lot colder - that, on top of the flooding, would cause even more grief.
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

'Ello troops, well now that Christmas and birthdays have passed and O/H goes back to his teaching job on Monday I can heave a sigh of relief and try and get back to some sort of normality. I have a load of stuff that needs photographing and listing it's just trying to find the motivation to do it. The Old Soldier's room looks like a tip and needs sorting out too, that is if I can get him to part with anything !

I need some sun !

Me thinks the folk in B&Q where telling me porkies last night and the old style thick tubes are still available, it's just that they don't stock them anymore so you are forced to buy a complete new fittings. Well no way mates they will be coming back if i can get the correct philips tubes and not B&Q crap. Oh I could squash a grape.
    Pennie I havent looked in our shed, i am past caring if it's flooded good it full of crap anyway, but hope your stock is okay.

Maj, I will pass that tip on to our council as being between two ormes the water rushes down the tram tracks like a river last time it did it someone had to rescue the three legged cat from the Number1 wine bar floating by.

Laurencekirk, Aberdeenshire, United Kingdom
    View Maelbrigda's Feedback (+2605)
    All-About Maelbrigda
    View Maelbrigda's Listings
    Forum Posts

my daughter has a three legged cat. it lost its leg when it was 9 months old and at 16 is still performing amazing feets (pun intended)
    Simply Handmade all my handmade items
    Maelbrigda's Bits and Pieces For Clothing and Jewellery, Ornaments, Odds & Ends & Much More
    Craft Store Crafty bits & pieces. Patterns, Card, Yarn, Stamps and more
    Books, Blu Rays, DVD's, CD's and Vinyl Records
    https://www.ebid.net/uk/stores/The-Pagan-Tree

Please have a look. I combine postage wherever possible.

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by buttons-and-bows View Post
    Me thinks the folk in B&Q where telling me porkies last night and the old style thick tubes are still available, it's just that they don't stock them anymore so you are forced to buy a complete new fittings. Well no way mates they will be coming back if i can get the correct philips tubes and not B&Q crap. Oh I could squash a grape.
    Pennie I havent looked in our shed, i am past caring if it's flooded good it full of crap anyway, but hope your stock is okay.

Maj, I will pass that tip on to our council as being between two ormes the water rushes down the tram tracks like a river last time it did it someone had to rescue the three legged cat from the Number1 wine bar floating by.
    Here is a link to the article, for anyone who is interested.....
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a6794286.html
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

I would like it to be known that I lost it and fixed one of the kitchen lights myself, standing on top of a ladder clinging on to the cooker housing while OH stood at the bottom of the ladder pathetically saying do you want me to try to do it, No I don't just go away ( being polite there). He thought he had solved the problem by bringing a desk lamp into the kitchen so I could see to make his dinner. I am fuming with him as he has now told me he won't be able to manage to put the new fitting up after me asking in B&Q if he was sure he could do it. I am so fed up of this pathetic I don't think I can manage it my legs are hurting today, I have a pain in my liver capsule, pain in my right lung and chest, two frozen shoulders and a bad hip and knee and I managed, and he just stood there and let me do it. The way i fixed it was I opened the draw took out a starter took the sliding end off the fitting ( not normal fluorescent fittings they can be twisted round to any position you want them in) Put in the starter, put the end back on and flicked the switch, ran my feather duster along the tube and hey presto we had light. Is it impossible for a man to figure that out all on his own, I think I just answered my own question.

Kirton In Lindsey, Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
    View yellerbelly's Feedback (+97)
    All-About yellerbelly
    View yellerbelly's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have a fridge magnet which reads

" A man's got to do what a man's got to do, A woman must do what he can't"

A job well done, the old saying goes if you want a job doing properly do it yourself is so true.

Thread Information