Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Over half a million auctions at last!!!!

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Over half a million auctions at last!!!!

Good morning. Been up and busy doing things.I also need to go out this morning. Don't want to, but needs must. Left tea and coffee in the canteen

View maplegin's Feedback (+1177)
    All-About maplegin
    View maplegin's Listings
    Forum Posts

It must be catching we need to go out as well, only essentials such as bread & milk.

Yes been very windy in this area managed a dry dog walk but started to rain soon after we got back.

Sgt have been & done all of the relists so that will help & as soon as new year here we will have to start listing again they are scanned ready.

Hope everyone gets the jobs done that they wanted to.

Crikey I thought Frank was going to take our roof off last night. I woke up with a start in the early hours of this morning as the wind was making so much noise here, usually I'm quite a heavy sleeper.

I've also got to go out as I had an attack just as I was getting ready to go out yesterday. Yippee - cough, cough, erm, I mean, ... grrrr the minute your back is turned !

Frank, i wish he would go and do one, I have a flooded kitchen, water coming through the walls on three floors, ( possibly through holes left by two lots of scaffolding at the back of the house, i no longer think the water is coming in through the new windows) water is coming in through the chimney stack at the front that needs taking down.
    On top of that AVG is totally screwing my computer up trying to get me to update to pro, will someone please tell me what antivirus to put in it that does not take over the PC and slow it down to a full stop. I do have a problem with the bios as in it needs updating but i don't know how to do it. I am still on my XP computer as i don't like the new one, ( I don't like it's face )
    I am Bleerdy FED UP big time, and am thinking of going out buying some dynamite and a box of matches.

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by buttons-and-bows View Post
    Frank, i wish he would go and do one, I have a flooded kitchen, water coming through the walls on three floors, ( possibly through holes left by two lots of scaffolding at the back of the house, i no longer think the water is coming in through the new windows) water is coming in through the chimney stack at the front that needs taking down.
    On top of that AVG is totally screwing my computer up trying to get me to update to pro, will someone please tell me what antivirus to put in it that does not take over the PC and slow it down to a full stop. I do have a problem with the bios as in it needs updating but i don't know how to do it. I am still on my XP computer as i don't like the new one, ( I don't like it's face )
    I am Bleerdy FED UP big time, and am thinking of going out buying some dynamite and a box of matches.
    So sorry to read about your problems Buttons. Awful for you.
    re AVG ~ I would use MSE (Microsoft Security Essentials) ~ download free from Filehippo.com. BUT, before you can install it you need to get rid of AVG. Not for the fainthearted..... I tried it for Squirrel with no luck, she then took it to a local Computer shop and they couldn't remove it either. (this was about 3 years ago) ~ and this was how she came to convert to Linux ~ and has been eternally grateful ever since.

ps not sure why you want to go into the BIOS?
    If you google BIOS with the make/model of your computer you should find info there how to get into it. Once into BIOS the instructions will be there telling you what to do to change anything.

Last edited by cheaver; 30th December 2015 at 12:30 PM.

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

should start to dry up a bit next week buttons, a bit colder and less intensive rain
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

Cheaver, I had my computer scanned bu crucial as i bought some ram from them a bit back, the full ram did not go in and they said the bios needed updating, i made the CD to do it but then got a bit wary and didn't do it, I asked mikes son to do it as he is an IT manager and he said never touch the bios,
    Also microsoft security is not now supported for XP so can't use it any more.

Sid I will never know how the water can get through these darn walls plus i did have the back re rendered about 10 years or so ago, so it must be from the scaffolding we had up last time. At the moment Mike is trying to fix the electric cooker that we have now found won't work as water has got into the electric hob, I would love something to eat at some point, in fact i am starving at the moment. Sorry for moaning folks as I do realize there are people who are worse off but ................why me, we look after this house better than any of the four same houses in the road and they are all okay, they have all been converted into flatlets, mine is still a house, i am begining to think i would be better off in a tent with a camping stove.

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Cheaver, I had my computer scanned bu crucial as i bought some ram from them a bit back, the full ram did not go in and they said the bios needed updating, i made the CD to do it but then got a bit wary and didn't do it, I asked mikes son to do it as he is an IT manager and he said never touch the bios,
    I've been in and out of BIOS in several machines this past few days (much more than I've had hot dinners) with no hassle. All you need to do is change the boot sequence to CD Rom first instead of HD - save changes, then as it reboots shove the CD in. Once finished, don't forget to go back into BIOS to change the boot sequence back to HD first again otherwise you will be waiting ages for your 'puter to boot.

edit: you could, of course, download the ISO for a Linux OS, burn it to CD and shove that in instead ~ treat yourself to hassle free computing!
    There's plenty OS's to choose from!

Last edited by cheaver; 30th December 2015 at 01:24 PM.

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

Sid I will never know how the water can get through these darn walls plus i did have the back re rendered about 10 years or so ago, so it must be from the scaffolding we had up last time. At the moment Mike is trying to fix the electric cooker that we have now found won't work as water has got into the electric hob, I would love something to eat at some point, in fact i am starving at the moment. Sorry for moaning folks as I do realize there are people who are worse off but ................why me, we look after this house better than any of the four same houses in the road and they are all okay, they have all been converted into flatlets, mine is still a house, i am begining to think i would be better off in a tent with a camping stove.

with the amount of rain we have had with the wind driving it, even a couple of small holes,cracks in a wall ,will see the water making its way through to the inside of the house,its been like a constant drip feed for over a month, with no chance to dry out, once we get a clear spell get some one in to find were the waters gettng in and render over, just starting to see the same thing myself in the S/E corner upstairs.
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

Oh don't worry Sid the roofer is going up a ladder to fill all the scaffolding holes up and he will darn well fix the kitchen roof he put on, it's leaked ever since it was done and it was an insurance job so will also contact them if it's not fixed am getting a bit fed up off people in this town doing shoite work, Mike has just said we now need a new cooker as we can't get parts for this one, so off to look at AO for one.

Thread Information