Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Over half a million auctions at last!!!!

Forum Saint
    View Anniemcc2's Feedback (+3934)
    All-About Anniemcc2
    View Anniemcc2's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Over half a million auctions at last!!!!

Morning - off to see the Physiotherapist again later with a copy of the letter from my Orthopaedic Surgeon - should be interesting. Looks I'll be going to see them for next few months until it's time for my surgery.

In the meantime we have booked our holiday to France for the end of June. Going to an area east of Reims so that we can visit some of the WW1 memorials, etc.

Buttons - hope your cooker is feeling better as my 3 year old washing machine has just started making the most awful nosie when spinning. Himself says it's the bearings and that I'd better start looking for another machine ..................... This is the 2nd Hotpoint Aquarius machine that has done this within 3 years of purchase Name:  anger.gif
Views: 41
Size:  2.1 KB

View maplegin's Feedback (+1177)
    All-About maplegin
    View maplegin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Buttons don't feel bad we all have days when we wished we had styed in bed, Ive just had the problem of not being able to find some cards so not what you mean & everything you touch seems to go wrong, from the shout the other side of room Somer has now dropped something so we are having a bad day, did find the cards in the end.

Meebo don't start worrying you are doing a grand job for MIL you will soon have your help again sure 2 handed job will be easier.

Also Buttons Hope your cooker & Annies washer sort them selves out,

Sgt hope you will manage your dentist visit this week.

Quote Originally Posted by meebo1 View Post
    Thanks, Sarge. I feel better already, having eaten. Nice to meet a buyer personally. Is she drafted yet?
    She has promised to come back to eBid Private Meebo so I shall nab her then !

Well what a waste of time. I've just sat for an hour and a quarter waiting to see a doctor and I now have a prescription for more antibiotics but I'm not allowed to go and get them unless I get worse because of the new rulings ! So I guess I shall be phoning the dentist tomorrow to cancel yet another appointment as I shall still be coughing by Wednesday unless a miracle happens !

stuff that sarge, it's getting worse buy the hour isn't it and the longer you have it the more chance you have of passing it back to the OS again. The crap they comeout with about it going in cattle food and we are getting too much of them well if thats the case why are we not all fighting fit, they are just too tight to prescribe in case they loose a penny out of their profits, what about vegitarians they don't eat meat.
    Any was I have not had any disasters yet but thats exactly how we feel Pam every darn thing we try and do is going wrong.
    I am desperate to have a soak in the bath but am afraid I won't be able to get out, it's bad enough getting in as i fell in last time as i was trying to sit down, has anyone any tips, the bath does not have handles BTW, this sounds so stupid but my muscles and joints are not strong enough to push me up and my skin hurts because of the puritus and with the cold it is hurting.

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Buttons, Mil had a bath lift which did very well for her for quite a long time. She could even manage that on her own. Sadly I can't let you have it - it's been sold

Hi Meebo i really don't want to go down that road, what i was meaning was do people try to lift them selves up using their arms to raise from a sitting position or do they swivel from a sitting position onto their knees and then try and stand up. empty the tub first and put a dry towel on the bottom to stop from slipping, so far i have a grab rail that clips on the side or the bath, i find that useful for a shower or stepping over the side of the bath, I have a suction handle that i hold when using the shower. I bought a thing that goes over the taps and drops down over the bath, but thats as much use as, well nothing really and is used to hang wet washing on to drip. I was just wanting to know how other people did it. Most of my problem is I have been using the shower for so long that I have got out of the what sit of being able to use the bath but i really need one, my core temprature is almost nil, my skin is like sore leather and I need a soak. social services won't help apart from giving me a swivel stool to swivel my legs over the side of the bath, I don't need one i can get my legs over the side of the bath its my butt that i cant get down to floor level. I fill the bath get in stood up and then panic, how do i get down , how do i get back up. All i want is a nice hot bath. Oh i do also have a blow up pillow, that you can sit on or use as a head rest, i need this as a back head rest as the bath is that big my head goes under ( to short ya see )

Forum Saint
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

This was all the lift did for you: to the bottom of the bath and up when needed.
    Did I mention I had a full body massage this morning? I almost fell asleep twice during it. My back has eased too, but I did take a couple of painkillers - just in case. Now waiting for the district nurse....

Yes i get you meebo but I don't want somthing in the bath with me I want to lie back and relax, the one i have just seen (becky sent me a link, thanks Becky) means that you are just sat upright in the bath, or am i not getting something. Any way I am going to have a bath even if i end up black and blue again.

Forum Saint
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

You need a kind person to lift you in and out. Mind you if I have a bath I and want to get out (or getting off the floor) I have to roll on to my knees in order to get up. Not always, but on some days the joints won't do as they are required.

I am going to use the knee method to get out ( I hope ) now I have to figure out how to get it, i could blow up the pillow plonk down then let the air out.
    If i need to get on the floor I do roll round onto my knees but also have the small step ladder handy so i can us the rungs to drag my self up, or I go along on my butt and use the stairs and stair poles to get back up. I am determined to get in that bath some way, got some lovely lavender soap and will add a couple of lavender drops in and lie back ( possible in my dreams )

Thread Information