Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Over half a million auctions at last!!!!

Default Re: Over half a million auctions at last!!!!

Day 13. Sigh, another bad night but ... I didn't cough quite so much on getting up this morning so I'm hoping it's a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel.

Drat I'm going to be singing 'Holidays are coming' all day today after seeing your photo Private Mcc2 !

Well I have just done his leg and that's stopped him he is now in bed with his feet up on three pillows groaning in agony. Sarge when you used the honey on your dads ulcer did it used to hurt him so much, or am i putting too much on or what, I am squirting it in the hole straight from the tube and then putting layers of inadine on and then a non adhesive dressing, but it's when I put the honey in a pain shoots up his leg right up to his knee and stays there for an hour or two. I have ordered him some 400 MGO manuka as well but at the price of it I think it will be going down the hole in his face.

Private Buttons I didn't put honey directly onto it we were given honey dressings where the honey was already in the gauze. It was the iodine that my dad had the most pain with, in the end we had to stop using it as it was causing an allergic reaction.

Oh Right, I bought the wrong stuff then, he is okay with the inadine dressings, the bottom one right near the edge of his foot I have now got almost but not quite healed, it's the top one that is being stubborn so i thought some honey may give it a boost.................errrrrrr it did but not in the way he expected it is bringing a lot of yuck to the surface though, is that good?

Quote Originally Posted by buttons-and-bows View Post
    Oh Right, I bought the wrong stuff then, he is okay with the inadine dressings, the bottom one right near the edge of his foot I have now got almost but not quite healed, it's the top one that is being stubborn so i thought some honey may give it a boost.................errrrrrr it did but not in the way he expected it is bringing a lot of yuck to the surface though, is that good?
    Dunno without actually seeing it Private Buttons, just make sure you clean any gunk away very gently with a sterile swab and saline solution but be careful not to disturb any new growth of skin or scab granulation around the edges. My dad's were more venous type ulcers and fairly shallow but it sounds as though Mike's are deeper. As I said none of the dressings seemed to work and so I tried exposure to open air (much to the horror of the nurses !) which did the trick in the end and cleared them. The only problem is that Mike is active around the house and with my dad I could keep him still and not get the wounds contaminated.

The one that was the worst and the biggest at first I have almost, not quite but almost healed it.. The top one was dry and did have a scab on at first but the nurse had a go at it and took the top off with the stuff she put on, it's about 1/8" deep right in the centre and about 5/8" in size and has shrunk a bit. The very top one that started up and I stopped in it's tracks has skin like tissue, but hey I am trying. at the moment I think he is loitering down stairs hoping I forget to do it, no such luck matey, I have my cap on ready

Oh and they didn't say what kind of one it was just that it was because of his blood pressure and to keep going for walks.

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Good morning! I am almost ready to go back to bed as I have been awake since 3 am and up not a lot later. Vonz can vouch for that - we 'met' this morning. Breakfast has been had , but there is lots of coffee left and hot water for the tea. Blue sky and sunshine outside, so I expect it is cold. My plan was to crawl on the floor and cut the curtain fabric and start sewing. But not now. I am too tired

Forum Saint
    View Anniemcc2's Feedback (+3934)
    All-About Anniemcc2
    View Anniemcc2's Listings
    Forum Posts

Morning - relists all done, so maybe tidy up a bit today as well as change the beds - after a trip to the PO

Poor Private Meebo I know the feeling !

Day 14 and I've given in. Went to the doctor's this morning and now have some antibiotics. I was pleasantly surprised as I thought that first thing on a Monday morning it would be packed and I would have to wait for hours but I only had to wait for five minutes. I still don't know what to do about my dentist appointment on Wednesday though and if I should cancel yet again? Suppose I shall have to see how I am tomorrow.

So fed up with it all and I'm so behind with everything. I haven't even made my Christmas pudding yet and I usually get that done at the start of December. Thankfully I did manage to make the cake before I got ill. Oh well the family might just have to put up with the usual ration pack !

Very please you went to the doctors becky, You must be bad if they gave you antibiotics as they don't give them willy nilly any more, i would cancel the dentist as they do take a little while to work, wrap up, stay in and let someone else do the running around for a change.

Thread Information