Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Over half a million auctions at last!!!!

Default Re: Over half a million auctions at last!!!!

Well done, see we are not as stupid as we think we are, especially with paul's help

Quote Originally Posted by buttons-and-bows View Post
    Well done, see we are not as stupid as we think we are, especially with paul's help
    I haven't REALLY done them all, Buttons. My picture of Pinocchio wouldn't upload

Congrats Knit Wits you did better than I did. Dont really know what did happen it was such a long time ago but in amongst the setting up of stat counter something nasty sneaked past my avg, firewall and defender and I have spent the last day chasing trojan horses out of my pooter.
    I think I have got there, its condition seems fairly stable at the moment, just a vault full of nasties to empty and a final scan or two and then remind myself that I didn't really care who visited.

Oh dear. I only have Microsoft Security and Malwarebites - so got away lucky by the sound of it.

Can't claim credit for the success of installation - wouldn't have had a clue if it hadn't been for Sherlock's help.

I honestly can't see the advantage with such low sales as mine. Obviously if you have a high success rate then it would probably help to know where your buyers come from. But it will give me something more to play around with (waste time on).

One snag: I can see by location who has been looking - apart from one. That is going to drive me barmy

Thats strange Zara as i got two trojans stopped by my antivirus last night after I had been on the site, i wondered where they had come from as I hadn't been mooching round the net and hadn't had any emails around that time. will run malware and see if that finds anything else now.

View maplegin's Feedback (+1177)
    All-About maplegin
    View maplegin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Meebo hope you have caught up on some sleep, I assume you now have visitors, don't over do it.

Seems a pity about Baths Carnival, as most of the carnivals in Somerset are good, mind you our nearest one in Wincanton they stopped several years ago as it wasn't worth the effort.

Silly question probably - when you set up stat counter do you have to download something?

No, I didn't download anything. I followed Sherlock's step-by-step. The site I logged into was the first that came up on Google when I searched for 'set up statcounter'.

Sorry to sound such a numpty....but that's precisely what I am

Quote Originally Posted by Knit_Wits_Vintage View Post
    No, I didn't download anything. I followed Sherlock's step-by-step. The site I logged into was the first that came up on Google when I searched for 'set up statcounter'.

Sorry to sound such a numpty....but that's precisely what I am
    Right, I think that was where it all went wrong. Like you, I found it from the first one on google but it must have been absolute coincidence that when I pressed the set up button a little icon dropped into the task bar for me to download, which I did. I just guessed it was all to do with the stat counter but I really dont know why Chrome didn't tell me and AVG didn't, and the firewall and defender didn't stop it.
    I dont think you are a numpty, you are a pooter whizz kid campared to me.
    Oddly enough 40 years ago I was​ a pooter whizz kid, but they were a bit different then.

Oh, I was NEVER a pooter whizz kid. Like I told Sherlock, I am of the era that learned to type on one of those old Underwood typewriters -

JFK Semi-Colon in time to a metronome. I can still hear it

Thread Information