Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Over half a million auctions at last!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LostGiraffe View Post
    It is a measure of a site's customer service how they handle misunderstandings if brought to their attention. I thought as you were all long-timers here and care about your site and know the people and the forums, that you would be better able to help fix it.

Considering the quality of the emails I have received from support at ebid (i.e. never answered regarding my ID), I can fully sympathize with Patch not wishing to email them yet again.

I thought that some of their users might have wanted to provide the owners some feedback on how this is impacting the outside world's perception of ebid. I have the passion, but not the contacts.
    If support didn't answer you re your ID query they didn't receive your email, OR, you didn't receive their reply.

The contact us page is available via the helpdesk, the support email address is regularly posted on the forums support@ebid.tv , Mark & johnsonalex can both be contacted by PM through the forums.
    Last edited by Gothicina; 5th May 2008 at 06:17 PM.
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

Thank you Hanna, that is the basic problem, you have understood. Another problem is that Patch never received a useful informative reply regarding why he has been unable to access the site while he is in China.

If all of you are correct in your interpretations of this misunderstanding, as you may be, PLEASE take action. Have contact reinitiated from ebid's end, from Gazza and Mark, and ask them to FIX it. It sounds a LOT like Wagglepop's attitude that if you aren't paying, we don't want you. Answering me in here is not fixing the problem.
    LostGiraffe I don't quite understand why you have come on a thread to do with 'increasing listing numbers' to ask us to email Ebid support about a problem that another member is having? We are just ordinary sellers and buyers and nothing to do with management of the site. I've only been on Ebid full time for two months so don't even know Patchdog other than he started the challenge on PSU. Why haven't you emailed Ebid support for him if you are a friend of his ??? I'm sorry that this has happened but don't understand the logic of expecting us to do it.
    Last edited by cornishmaid1961; 5th May 2008 at 06:32 PM.

I apologize to all of you. In my frustration at not knowing how to fix this, I have ranted at those least responsible. I am of the temperament that wants to fix things, and I wanted to ask you kind and passionate people to help me fix this. I have done it all wrong. I give up. Maybe Hanna knows how. Anyway, I'm sorry.

p.s. I also thought that you folks considered him at least an honorary member of your 'gang'. That is why I came to you, as also friends of his.
    Last edited by LostGiraffe; 5th May 2008 at 06:19 PM.

West Bromwich, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View merlin's Feedback (+3081)
    All-About merlin
    View merlin's Listings
    Forum Posts

I apologize to all of you. In my frustration at not knowing how to fix this, I have ranted at those least responsible. I am of the temperament that wants to fix things, and I wanted to ask you kind and passionate people to help me fix this. I have done it all wrong. I give up. Maybe Hanna knows how. Anyway, I'm sorry.

p.s. I also thought that you folks considered him at least an honorary member of your 'gang'. That is why I came to you, as also friends of his.
    theres no gangs or cliques on here but we are not support we can only do the same as you or patchdog which is email support , look through the threads we try to help with things to do with auctions , if we can`t help we send the person(s) in question to email support ,

and as i am not a psu fan has it`s just as bad as on wepay forums where certain members are allowed to take swipes but others are not , i can`t really be bothered to help some on there i found about 6 people who were friendly and 2 who were downright lady dogs

Regarding the support email, thank you for providing it. I would have thought it would be support@ebid.net rather than .tv I last initiated contact through the Contact Us page form. I have just done so again and requested they let me know what they think. I cannot see where it went to.

If you're curious, I asked they lengthen their username field, and if they did, to make me purple_reading_giraffe.

Phew! Just got to reading my way to the bottom of all these comments!!! That's alright LostGiraffe - Hannah is a wise sage of Ebid and I'm sure she will do her very best for you! I really hope you and Patchdog get everything sorted out. Patchdog came on this thread a couple of times so Captain Jewels recruited him into the Ebid navy! He then departed for China a few days later so I didn't get much of a chance to talk to him. It's a real shame about what happened but I'm pretty sure it was just a big misunderstanding and it will be put right soon.

@merlin - I agree that what happened with you was not good. I missed what happened when it did, and wasn't able to untangle it later. But I know that there are a few that are very good at looking like an outraged victim after they have precipitated the incident, and I have personally done my best at PSU to not let them have everything their own way as far as I am able. You and adam are two I am aware of this happening to. It hasn't happened lately. And I thought you could still read the PSU threads (though that supposes you would want to, I can understand why you wouldn't).

Re the word 'gang' - I guess reading a lot of books written by English writers as a child cannot bridge the contemporary communication gap completely. To me gang has the meaning of those one gathers with, as in this thread, and is not necessarily a negative thing, as in street gang, though it can be. Mostly my brain just wouldn't hand me the word 'troop' which is really what I wanted. Or maybe 'platoon'. Anyway, that's why I put 'gang' in quotes. I meant it in the sense of comraderie not the sense of ganging-up-on.

I am just a buyer with the self-assigned mission of promoting and enabling the alternative online marketplace and sellers as my personal vendetta against eBay. I try to find things out and move information from where it sits to where it needs to go. I assume, as do many of us, that others think as I do, and have motives similar to mine. I guess I felt that I had done my part in moving the information so that your group would be aware that there was a problem with someone that I considered to be a member of your group. I assumed that your group would rally around and help move that information by the most efficient path to where it needed to go. Perhaps I took the military analogies too seriously and projected too much of myself upon people who are not me. I do that sometimes.

I repeat that I am sorry if I offended anyone, though I am interested to have discovered that this site is more business oriented than some more 'clubby' or 'chummy' ones. That is something that some sellers have expressed a preference for. You mind your business, and I'll mind mine. That type of thinking. It works well for many.

View cmjewels925's Feedback (+7924)
    All-About cmjewels925
    View cmjewels925's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi PRG,

I've PM'd Mark about the Patchdog situation (several others probably have as well and he'll be feeling picked on by now )

To me it makes perfect sense that you'd come onto this thread to let us know what was happening. It's the most closely related thread to the one started by Patchdog on PSU, there isn't a forum set up for this kind of problem and also, of course, you 'know' people on this thread.

I hope the situation gets sorted soon.

P.S. Thanks for explaining, I was wondering why you weren't PRG here.

CMEJewellery For all your jewellery needs.

Beads 'n' Bobs For beads.

Charms 'n' Findings For charms and jewellery making supplies.

South Queensferry, West Lothian, United Kingdom
    View HannaHolly's Feedback (+3177)
    All-About HannaHolly
    View HannaHolly's Listings
    Forum Posts

Regarding the support email, thank you for providing it. I would have thought it would be support@ebid.net rather than .tv I last initiated contact through the Contact Us page form. I have just done so again and requested they let me know what they think. I cannot see where it went to.

If you're curious, I asked they lengthen their username field, and if they did, to make me purple_reading_giraffe.
    I always use support@ebid.tv as that generates a numbered support ticket so i know that my query has been received. I'll drop support an email just now for you ( re patchdog - not re your username ) but it would probably be better from patchdog himself really.

Thread Information