Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Over half a million auctions at last!!!!

I think having read what was written, it seemed logical to me that the account would be closed.
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

Quote > I have been pondering this for a couple of days and I have come to the
    > conclusion that eBid will not fit into my future business agenda as I need a truly
    > international venue to fully realize my business potential.

This statement does make it sound as if he doesn't want to use Ebid anymore so I can see where the misunderstanding has come from. Maybe they thought Patchdog was saying that he was going to be spending more time in China and wouldn't be able to use the site? I'm sure Gazza & Mark know how much support Patchdog has given and wouldn't have closed the account if the wording had been clearer.

It sounds to me like he's requesting his account be closed as well,
    maybe it's a difference in interpretation between UK & US English?
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

If all of you are correct in your interpretations of this misunderstanding, as you may be, PLEASE take action. Have contact reinitiated from ebid's end, from Gazza and Mark, and ask them to FIX it. It sounds a LOT like Wagglepop's attitude that if you aren't paying, we don't want you. Answering me in here is not fixing the problem.

West Bromwich, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View merlin's Feedback (+3081)
    All-About merlin
    View merlin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LostGiraffe View Post
    If all of you are correct in your interpretations of this misunderstanding, as you may be, PLEASE take action. Have contact reinitiated from ebid's end, from Gazza and Mark, and ask them to FIX it. It sounds a LOT like Wagglepop's attitude that if you aren't paying, we don't want you. Answering me in here is not fixing the problem.
    ????????? have contact reinstated ??????? if patchdog wants his account reopened it is upto him to contact gazza or mark , he knows the email address , btw your attitude towards people here is not helping either , as it seems that you are trying to hold us responsible for his actions , he asked he got sorry but we cannot sort this out

Ok, let me back up a step or two here and try to make what I see clear. I do agree it was probably a misunderstanding. However, I fully sympathize with Patch's feelings at this point. He never got a clear answer regarding issues accessing ebid from China. That is frustrating. He invested time and effort into not only creating his store, but promoting ebid. So he asks for support to help him because he cannot access the site, and asks they close his store and end his listings because he cannot do it himself. So they cancel his ENTIRE account, so he can no longer BUY on ebid. And they asked for no clarification, no concern for the problem, nothing.

I think maybe the difference in the English is between Seller Language and Buyer Language. Why do so many of the Alt sites seem to assume that only Sellers want to use their sites? Buyers are out here, too. I wish they had not assumed that because he was unable to PROVIDE SERVICE TO HIS BUYERS WHILE HE IS CURRENTLY IN CHINA that he wished to sever all contact.

All-About merlin
    View merlin's Listings
    Forum Posts

no matter how many times i read this

I have been pondering this for a couple of days and I have come to the
    > conclusion that eBid will not fit into my future business agenda as I need a truly
    > international venue to fully realize my business potential.
    therefore patch stated that ebid was no longer any use to him as a seller , if all he wanted was his stores closed he stated on psu that someone was looking after them for him all he had to do was say close my listing take my stores off line to whoever was baby sitting them , instead he went to the top and told them to close his account
    if he wishes to reopen he needs to contact support and sort out what he was saying , no good us doing it , it`s not our account,

oh and you will find many of us have spent a long time invested in ebid so do not wish anyone to leave ,

It is a measure of a site's customer service how they handle misunderstandings if brought to their attention. I thought as you were all long-timers here and care about your site and know the people and the forums, that you would be better able to help fix it.

Considering the quality of the emails I have received from support at ebid (i.e. never answered regarding my ID), I can fully sympathize with Patch not wishing to email them yet again.

I thought that some of their users might have wanted to provide the owners some feedback on how this is impacting the outside world's perception of ebid. I have the passion, but not the contacts.

All-About merlin
    View merlin's Listings
    Forum Posts

just contact support@ebid.tv give them your angle on this if you do not recieve a answer within 24 hours do it again and again , just because we been here a long time does not mean they listen to everything we say , oh and ebids customer service knocks most other sites into space , very rare you do not get a ticket number and answer within a couple of hours

South Queensferry, West Lothian, United Kingdom
    View HannaHolly's Feedback (+3177)
    All-About HannaHolly
    View HannaHolly's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LostGiraffe View Post
    It is a measure of a site's customer service how they handle misunderstandings if brought to their attention. I thought as you were all long-timers here and care about your site and know the people and the forums, that you would be better able to help fix it.

Considering the quality of the emails I have received from support at ebid (i.e. never answered regarding my ID), I can fully sympathize with Patch not wishing to email them yet again.

I thought that some of their users might have wanted to provide the owners some feedback on how this is impacting the outside world's perception of ebid. I have the passion, but not the contacts.
    Hi. I've only skimmed this part of the thread and haven't read all the PSU links, so apologies if i'm missing something.

I'll email Gazza and Mark and ask them to check this part of the thread, however first can i check i'm undersranding correctly.

Are you saying patchdog wanted his listings closed only, but his membership to remain open. however his message was misunderstood and his listings and account have been closed?
    Gazza and Mark may be aware of patchdog and his great promotion for ebid, however the very busy support staff probably aren't, they would have made a decision on what the email said and acted on it. The good news is this can be fixed very easily. As soon as i'm sure i've understood the request properly i'l send an email.

Thread Information