Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: eBid Advertising...

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dandan66 View Post
    Anytime you make revisions, etc... wait till the next scheduled upload date to Google and then try some of your searches - Excellent information above to keep in mind.
    It was excellent a year ago when it was posted, but eBid's Google updates are now done immediately after you load, not in scheduled blocks.

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    It was excellent a year ago when it was posted, but eBid's Google updates are now done immediately after you load, not in scheduled blocks.

Look again

2 years ago

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by raindropsies View Post

Look again

2 years ago
    LOL is that a record?

View terry5732's Feedback (+1374)
    All-About terry5732
    View terry5732's Listings
    Forum Posts

News exposure costs nothing

Currently a search of news on google has 12 for eBid - none of which pertain to ebid.net

A google news search for the other place has 16,259

G&M need to put out some press releases
    My clutter

I don't play the reserve game

Forum Diehard
    View baconsdozen's Feedback (+711)
    All-About baconsdozen
    View baconsdozen's Listings
    Forum Posts

One of the best forms of advertising I've found is to add a link to my ebid auctions in my signature that I use on forums and other web pages.
    I've had quite a few sales as a result,a lot of them to first timers on Ebid.
    Being selfish I want to promote my items first and ebid in general second and this seems an ideal way to do it.You get prospective buyers who are interested in the items you have (its no real use advertising a site selling tools on a knitting forum) and if you can contribute an article or some advice it means more people might then look at the page.
    Greedbay got so big because it was the first and people spread the word it wasn't because of TV etc.

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by baconsdozen View Post
    Greedbay got so big because it was the first and people spread the word it wasn't because of TV etc.
    x2

And I don't think that will ever be done again. The novelty has worn off.

Forum Lurker
    View FUTERVEST's Feedback (+1579)
    All-About FUTERVEST
    View FUTERVEST's Listings
    Forum Posts

Unhappy tv advertising

the reqason ebay only started in trade magasinse is they had no compotition and didnot neede to. There are tens of thousands of sellers curently selling on ebay and taking a beeting that arev saying just the oposite if you want to overthrow the no 1 guy you have to advertise on tv and tell the world they dont have to pay ebay fees anymore. ebid may be growing but you still dont have the buyers. no buyers no sellers goes hand in hand. I have been selling on ebid for 2 months and sold 1 pipe in same 2 months I sold 35 on ebay and only 1 repeat coustamer. I wont be selling on ebid again untill I se them on tv. and show me they are trying and not just sitting back and colecting the cash.
    Thanks
    Futervest

Quote Originally Posted by FUTERVEST View Post
    the reqason ebay only started in trade magasinse is they had no compotition and didnot neede to. There are tens of thousands of sellers curently selling on ebay and taking a beeting that arev saying just the oposite if you want to overthrow the no 1 guy you have to advertise on tv and tell the world they dont have to pay ebay fees anymore. ebid may be growing but you still dont have the buyers. no buyers no sellers goes hand in hand. I have been selling on ebid for 2 months and sold 1 pipe in same 2 months I sold 35 on ebay and only 1 repeat coustamer. I wont be selling on ebid again untill I se them on tv. and show me they are trying and not just sitting back and colecting the cash.
    Thanks
    Futervest
    Alternative sites work different. Feebay gets buyers from feebay, we get buyers from google, ebid members, old customers and other seller marketing. Google brings the most in.

Don't have figures but I bet google's users (potential buyers) are a bigger group than feebay's (members only). Add our 3 other sources & that explains why in March ebid UK sales were up 95% and US sales up 198%. ebid is a goldmine of potential buyers via google,etc.

ebid advertises differently. Best way is downloading more than 3 million listings to google every day. That is 3.2 million advertisements in cyberspace daily advertising ebid and our items.

TV ads don't work well. Target wrong people (general public). I was powerseller on feebay for years, and we did not like feebay tv advertising. In September came the holiday tv ads.attracting deadbeats, nonpayers, etc. Obviously people never shopped on line, we got negs if item did not arrive day after they paid! We got negs when they refused to pay etc. It was not good for sellers.

TV ads are ineffective advertising because it does not target the group we want to hit, the good buyers who are experienced shoppers. Best to get these via google or ebid sellers bringing old customers over.

If you had trouble selling here, read the forums and use the tips that get your selling up to speed. You can't use feebay techniques here and expect to sell like on feebay. i.e. you really need to make sure your items appear on google or you will have no sales.

Forum Diehard
    View baconsdozen's Feedback (+711)
    All-About baconsdozen
    View baconsdozen's Listings
    Forum Posts

Agree with everything said.Probably the biggest advantage ebid has is that its not ebay.
    As a result things work in a different way.
    Thank goodness.

Quote Originally Posted by FUTERVEST View Post
    Thanks
    Futervest
    Hi Futervest EBID does have "The buyers", admittedly a bit slower than feebay,

Looking at your listings, I found them to be a bit aggressive & off putting

(e.g. "I reserve the right to cancel the bids of anyone that I feel has a history of reputedly leaving neg. feedback. This shows that you don’t want to work things out so I don’t want your business.") Which is unfortunately the feebay effect on sellers.

3 suggestions to make sales on ebid:

1/ remove all "run until sold" listings & list as auction 7-10 days with 10 repeats.

2/ Soften your terms & conditions.

3/ remove the word (fe)ebay from your listings, so that buyer know you are listing here with heart & soul.

When you see a politician on TV do you believe every word?
    <a href=http://Nine-Star-Electronics.ebid.net target=_blank>http://Nine-Star-Electronics.ebid.net</a>

http://theninestarshop.ebid.net

http://Nine-Star-Electronics.ebid.net

http://Nine-Star-Clothing-Store.ebid.net

http://The-Nine-Star-Book-Shop.ebid.net

http://ninestarjewellery.ebid.net

.................................................. .......................................
    Want to join ebid??? Just follow this link >>>>
    http://uk.ebid.net/perl/normal.cgi?r...=register-main

(and i'll earn some "Buddy Points" ;-) Thank You!

Thread Information