eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Another eBay reject..

View TruantCoins's Feedback (+760)
    All-About TruantCoins
    View TruantCoins's Listings
    Forum Posts

Arrow

Ooh Ooh, Hey That's me! I was there and just getting started setting up shop and decided I would never be able to make a decent amount there.

So Here I am! And things look pretty good, getitng a few lookey-loos and hopefully there will be some sales soon, maybe not until I get a little feedback.

A reformed PowerSeller! and Don't it feel good!

I've just created my first listing and to be honest cannot quite believe how quick and easy it is! Everything on the one screen.. fantastic

I hope I have done it correctly tho. http://uk.ten.ebid.net/perl/auction....242672-20728-0

Any comments welcome b4 I upload another 400 odd!

Your listing looks good to me except for the link at the top of your description…. Not sure it’s allowed

Also if you know some HTML you might want to try the bulk loader out....

Looks good. You may want to add a link in the description to your 'buddy link' (you can find it in my ebid on the right side of the screen). That way, if a new buyer comes along, if they sign up through your link, you can get points.

Have a look at one of my auctions for an example. Feel free to copy it.

Quote Originally Posted by somersethedge View Post
    Your listing looks good to me except for the link at the top of your description…. Not sure it’s allowed
    Are you referring to the feedback link?

Forum Newbie
    Worcestershire, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View uk121's Feedback (+338)
    All-About uk121
    View uk121's Listings
    Forum Posts

Unhappy Ebay Suspended My Neighbour

hi all just wanted to let you all know that i was talking to my neighbour on a off chance yesterday and she asked me if i knew anything about ebay. I went onto here messages and ebay account and what they had done yesterday was to suspended her account because they said that she has a previous account which was suspended in the name of someone else.. she has never heard of this person and she has been left feeling really upset and made to feel as though she has done something illegal. She only joined in January with ebay and is new to it all. Of course i did send a reply to reinstate her account, but i do not think that she will have any luck. I have told her about ebid, but she's feeling abit angrey with these auction sites at the moment, but i will try to help her get past this as i know how it feels like to be accused of something and not to be even a good enough reason, i have been in the same boat with ebay they suspended my account and gave no explanation to it. She has mentioned that she wants to report them, she wants to contact watch dog and her local newspaper (she used to work for the evening mail years ago!!!)
    has anyone else been in this situation????
    cheers sab.

Yes, ebay do tend to suspend people unneccessarily. MY account has been suspended for a year as they took a disliking to one of my products even though it was freely available on well-known websites. I contacted them to point this out and I just got one of those standard template replies back saying they were correct - I don't think they even look into it. I have known other people get suspended where they live in flats and someone else in the block has been suspended. When they registered, they accused them of being that other person.

If she has newspaper links, does she have any tips of how to get some free press coverage for eBid?

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Welcome all newcomers - Glad you took the plunge.
    I'm also a newbie, joined up 1st February and subscribed to lifetime membership, what a deal! I'm still learning the ropes here looking out for ideas etc - lots of wonderful helpful people here on ebid. Tell your family, friends, customers to come on over!

Quote Originally Posted by thefashionhut View Post
    Are you referring to the feedback link?

Yes I was.... It leads back to ebay (your feedback page) and I'm sure I read in the ToS that whereas you can put it on your "about me" page... it is a no no on an item discription page.......

I could have miss read it but I dont think I did

Thread Information