Thread: online auction review

West Bromwich, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View merlin's Feedback (+3081)
    All-About merlin
    View merlin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default online auction review

http://www.starreviews.com/eBid.aspx

gazza / mark that bit at the bottom needs dealing with as i have found customer support 100% great
    Last edited by merlin_man; 23rd February 2008 at 02:11 PM.

There is a section on their site to offer feedback and comments. I have just used it to send the following comments:

"In regard to your review of eBid and in particular the comments regarding their customer support and payment protection:-

As a long term eBid member I have found the need to contact eBid support on a number of occasions. I have always found the support team to be helpful, courteous and efficient. Any question not already covered in the freely accessible HELP pages (FAQs) has been responded to in a timely manner giving on-target responses from a human - unlike the horrible, often inaccurate, automated replies from a certain rival site.

To describe eBid support as "awful" is not only misleading to your readers, but it is also a downright lie in my opinion. I strongly suggest that you reconsider your opinion in this matter.

With regard to buyer protection:-
    You appear to be confused about the role of eBid. They provide a venue for buyers and sellers to meet. They do not get involved with the exchange of goods or payments and therefore have no liability for transactions which do not complete as intended. It is the job of the payment processors - whichever one the buyer and seller agree to use - to offer buyer protection. Whilst eBid endorse and recommend using PPPay.com, they are not forcing buyers/sellers to use any particular payment method - unlike eBay. It is up to the individual user to evaluate the risks or benefits provided by using a payment processor and part of that evaluation should be the consideration of any protection. You should also be aware that there are no other auction sites - and that includes eBay - who offer a 100% guaranteed payment protection scheme. Even eBay, who give the impression of doing so, fall very short of the mark in reality; so to expect eBid to do so is unfair to say the least.

Please carefully consider my remarks and give serious thought to updating your review to give a more accurate image of this fast-growing auction site.

Thank you for your time."

West Bromwich, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View merlin's Feedback (+3081)
    All-About merlin
    View merlin's Listings
    Forum Posts

well done ds
    i could not believe it when i saw that about customer support
    and as for protection jeez i protect myself as much as possible as should all sellers /buyers

Thread Information