eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 9 of 136 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959109 ... LastLast

Thread: Has Ebay Finally Shot Itself In the Foot?

Heya all, another eBay immigrant here...i looked around and think this site has a lot of potential out of all the other eBay alternatives out there.

View cookie88's Feedback (+250)
    All-About cookie88
    View cookie88's Listings
    Forum Posts

Does anyone know if the Paypal holding the money for 21 days applies to all auction sales or just to Ebay payments?

Forum Lurker
    View cvd's Feedback (+10)
    All-About cvd
    View cvd's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cookie88 View Post
    Does anyone know if the Paypal holding the money for 21 days applies to all auction sales or just to Ebay payments?
    That's only for ebay payments, since it has to do with ebay feedback, "...21 days or until positive feedback is left, whichever comes first."

If you have a ton of chargebacks though, they'll hold it for everything , as they always have.

Cheers!

View cookie88's Feedback (+250)
    All-About cookie88
    View cookie88's Listings
    Forum Posts

thanks

i don't use ebay but i imagine that pretty much £$%^& up instant payments then? No wonder they are leaving in droves ..

Forum Lurker
    View cvd's Feedback (+10)
    All-About cvd
    View cvd's Listings
    Forum Posts

Only if you're a known crumb. Those with the odd negative/neutral or 100% positives have nothing to worry about.

It's not unlike a merchant-member Visa or Mastercard account for a retailer, except rather than hold, they can demand an "imprint".

But with PayPal+fleabay, this can't happen. So they brand you. I've seen some great sellers hit by trolls or hijacked accounts and flooded with negatives.

Double-edged sword.

Cheers!

Default Another Refugee...

I am another Ebay refugee. Friday, after closing my Ebay store I took a survey and told them exactly what I thought about them.... Less than 6 hours later, the auctions that I had left (only 4) were ended for shill bidding.....funny only one of them had a bid and it was .99 cents.....I have never shill bidded. Then 5 minutes after that I received a message that my account had been suspended due to violation of ebay policy. The message said " Suspension due to association with the following account:___________" There was no account listed.

If that's not bad enough, they also suspended the account of my employer because we have signed in using the same IP address. The ended over 200 store listings of my employer because we logged in using the same IP address....

I'm glad I found Ebid, I've paid for seller+ lifetime and have about 6 listings so far. I expect this site to grow tremendously in the next few days.

South Queensferry, West Lothian, United Kingdom
    View HannaHolly's Feedback (+3177)
    All-About HannaHolly
    View HannaHolly's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by angie2613 View Post
    I am another Ebay refugee. Friday, after closing my Ebay store I took a survey and told them exactly what I thought about them.... Less than 6 hours later, the auctions that I had left (only 4) were ended for shill bidding.....funny only one of them had a bid and it was .99 cents.....I have never shill bidded. Then 5 minutes after that I received a message that my account had been suspended due to violation of ebay policy. The message said " Suspension due to association with the following account:___________" There was no account listed.

If that's not bad enough, they also suspended the account of my employer because we have signed in using the same IP address. The ended over 200 store listings of my employer because we logged in using the same IP address....

I'm glad I found Ebid, I've paid for seller+ lifetime and have about 6 listings so far. I expect this site to grow tremendously in the next few days.
    That's disgraceful feebay has totally lost touch with the people who made it- the buyers and sellers!.. I bet if you try to get your account reinstated you'll get sent around in circles swapping emails with a machine!.. I hope they haven't done their other nasty trick- freezing you ( and your employers) paypal accounts

Default so far....

Our paypal accounts are fine, though I transferred all the money out of mine into my checking account just in case.

I did go into paypal to revoke ebay's permission to deduct my selling fees and it wouldn't let me. I clicked on "cancel" and each time I did, I received a page that said "This page cannot be displayed"..... luckily I only owe them about 30 dollars.....

They've outgrown themselves... one seller posted that when she contacted ebay, an employee told her that Ebay's goal was to become a place for only the elite buyers and sellers. Seems to me they are running themselves out of business.

All-About HannaHolly
    Forum Posts

.. only the elite buyers and sellers!

Ok. i'll buy from, and sell to the vast majority that make up the rest of us then!

All-About HannaHolly
    Forum Posts

angie i just checked out your listings. i notice you have some of your auctions on as 'featured' which has an additional fee. If you intended to list as featured- ignore me!

However if you didnt intend to list as featured. send an email to support@ebid.tv to advise you made a mistake ( in similar situations they have refunded fees) and edit your auctions so that they are either 'free' or 'gallery'. If you go to your 'my ebid' area there is a 'my defaults' section. make sure your default templates are set to either free or gallery.

Thread Information