eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 7 of 136 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161757107 ... LastLast

Thread: Has Ebay Finally Shot Itself In the Foot?

Will have to start a ex-feebay reunion thread !

Forum Lurker
    View cvd's Feedback (+10)
    All-About cvd
    View cvd's Listings
    Forum Posts

Good idea

Ther would be rather a lot of people on it I suspect I defected 18 months ago!
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

Smile Ebid Promotion

Hi i myself am a powerseller on ebay and am now looking around me.....just subscribed to ebid for life time membership....Id like to ask the wise ones of the forums... In light of all thats happening on ebay what are ebid doing to make their name as household as ebay?.....in other words is there any seroius promotion off the site going on.

thankyou

check this out http://www.emediawire.com/releases/2...rweb681714.htm

Forum Newbie
    View gracycat's Feedback (+1)
    All-About gracycat
    View gracycat's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default I'm a newbie also

I too,have come over from e bay after doing business there for over 6 years.I am very impressed with the friendly atmosphere here and hope this site gets recognition as a very decent place to buy and sell.I have listed some items and intend to hang in there until traffic picks up,as I know it will eventually.I have e mailed all of my past buyers also and hope they will spread the word that there is a better way to both sell and buy on an online auction site.

Dear Forum Master why was I charged 75cents for a want ad?

Wink Jay Leno

I saw a thread ebid advertisements. Do they advertise? seems the sellers are coming but the buyers need to know about the site.

Maybe auction something outrageous so the late night talk shows would pick up on it.
    Last edited by Haddy54; 10th February 2008 at 01:56 AM. Reason: lengthen

Forum Newbie
    View TheNose's Feedback (+100)
    All-About TheNose
    View TheNose's Listings
    Forum Posts

Lightbulb

I came here from eBay a few days ago and am telling my online friends about Ebid. I had no trouble listing about four auctions over the weekend - in the Gold Bullion section (shameless plug if anyone's interested) - but I found this site childsplay to list up to eBay with all its annoying little spiteful fees that bump costs up for the seller and integrated twaddle in listing.

I do somewhat agree that it's MOSTLY sellers that are mean to buyers instead of the other way round but taking rights away from genuine sellers against those who don't/won't pay or blatantly waste time (and you see this a LOT on eBay) is not good and eBay is coming over as a tinpot Nazi right now.

I really like this site, and my only concern is that there is just not enough traffic. Plus I don't know if there are enough cross-platform categories for people in different countries to see various things that are sellable universally, like eBay. For example I believe my coins for sale are only viewable to UK folks. That's okay right now because I m only taking cheques and POs (plus PayPal for one item) but in future I'd like for all people to see my items.

[bold]I've come from the Doll and Toy community and we're boycotting eBay between these dates Feb 15-22.[/bold]

I will be sticking to this and uploading nothing during this time on eBay. I really hope Ebid does well out of this and they need to advertise on the TV right now to jumpin and get exposure. This site is so nice to use. It's a crime that it doesn't have the same traffic but on the other hand it gets less crap and spam/banned items like on eBay.
    Last edited by TheNose; 10th February 2008 at 07:53 AM.

South Queensferry, West Lothian, United Kingdom
    View HannaHolly's Feedback (+3177)
    All-About HannaHolly
    View HannaHolly's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi Thenose. just picking up on one part of your post. On ebid you can choose which countries to make your listings available to when you list. For example i have all my auctions available to all 14 ebid national sites. I've covered the P & P issues by setting International P & P as 'not known' International bidders are encouraged to ask me for the price ( you can of course set lots of 'actual' international postage rates- but i have over 3500 different items listed)

I don't think ebid has enough money for sustained TV advertising - and a short campaign just doesdn't work. Where ebid spends the bulk of it's advertising budget ( i believe) is on google adwords etc..

Can i recommend to you and all new ebay sellers that you list at least some of your auctions as BINs so that they qualify for ebids automatic upload to google products. I am seeing increased national and international sales to new buyers since i changed some of my auctions to this format. Ebid may not have a huge advertising pot- so use googles

The most important marketing tool, is YOU. Email everyone you have ever bought from and sold to on ebay, tell them you are now trading here, if sellers want your business then they had better move across. Empty the shelves, with nothing there, the buyers will be forced across. Many continue to list a little bit on eBay, that is not the answer.

Strangle the place by not trading there at all. Promote the use of Google Checkout instead of PayPal. Any listings you still have running send a leaflet with the new details and tell them to tell their friends and their friends.
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

Thread Information