eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 5 of 136 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Has Ebay Finally Shot Itself In the Foot?

I agree about the business aspect to the above post.However as a business where does ebay clearly show its address and phone number? As a business maybe they should lead by example!
    It is definatly the Feedback and the stealth fee increases which has caused the issues.
    Unfortunatly I cant see ebid making any great effort to capatalise on this. I have been a member here for some time and it is the same things talked about with regard to promoting ebid, somebody doing flyers, someone else emailing customers. Great ideas and respect to those who do this, but it will not change nothing.
    Gary and Mark need to look to having some serious investment in marketing. I'm sure there are some investors out there. Advertising works. Up until a couple of years ago who had heard of "Sheilas Wheels"? Most people do now as it is well marketed.
    I strongly suspect that Gary & Mark do not have the ambitions to take ebid forward and make that step. They are probably earning enough from what they do now, so dont see the point.

Newton Stewart, Dumfries and Galloway, United Kingdom
    View nykmedia's Feedback (+922)
    All-About nykmedia
    View nykmedia's Listings
    Forum Posts

Cool Who ever 'earns enough'? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by dbharding View Post
    ...I strongly suspect that Gary & Mark do not have the ambitions to take ebid forward and make that step. They are probably earning enough from what they do now, so dont see the point.
    I strongly suspect that eBid is being run like any other small business and it's been a long haul when you consider who and what the competition is. To have survived in this marketplace at all is close on a miracle and the guys in charge deserve recognition for that. This site has had more promotion over the past year than I can ever remember and that, to me, is just the start. As a business, it has to make money but it can't do that on FVFs when the buyers are flocking like sheep to what's become a household name. However, bargains are bargains and finances dictate most lifestyles - only by providing what buyers want and LETTING THEM KNOW IT IS HERE will there be any massive shift in the online auctions market place. As a longterm member of this site, I can honestly say that 2007 was my best year here so far. It bodes well for 2008. Loads more in store here, I'm confident of that.
    Be my eBuddy - Join eBid HERE

Raising funds to help feed rescue ponies via my eBid Frugaldom store

Still winning with Racing Book Shop

Forum Diehard
    View kedo's Feedback (+4128)
    All-About kedo
    View kedo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kengillam View Post
    I've been plugging away in various groups, trouble is they are all like rabbuts in headlights frightened to move away!
    Ken I strongly suggest that you edit your post #11 as it contains links that break forum rules. You know the one - Blatant defamatory comments aimed at undermining eBid as a business and/or promoting competitor sites.

Forum Newbie
    Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    View madcyril's Feedback (+3488)
    All-About madcyril
    View madcyril's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Another newbie

Hi All

Another PS shop owner from the other side - nice to see I'm not the only one who's had enough.

As another poster said I've no problem with the business thing as I'm registered and so should everyone be who's making profits but the feedback thing is a disaster waiting to happen and the fees are just getting ridiculous.

I have no choice but to keep selling over there at the moment as I need to eat but I am definitely going to start shifting some of my items over here in the next few weeks.

I'm going to try and look to here first too when buying stuff.

It is a bit scary coming out of your 'comfort' zone though but I figure I've got nothing to lose as if I don't sell I don't pay.

There doesn't seem to be too much competition in my field at the moment so maybe I can grab a niche!

I really hope this site does start getting lots of buyers and give Feebay a run for their money. They've had it too good for too long.

Off to have a look around now.

View BLOXBOOKS's Feedback (+5010)
    All-About BLOXBOOKS
    View BLOXBOOKS's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pipsqueaks View Post
    Hi All

Another PS shop owner from the other side - nice to see I'm not the only one who's had enough.

As another poster said I've no problem with the business thing as I'm registered and so should everyone be who's making profits but the feedback thing is a disaster waiting to happen and the fees are just getting ridiculous.

I have no choice but to keep selling over there at the moment as I need to eat but I am definitely going to start shifting some of my items over here in the next few weeks.

I'm going to try and look to here first too when buying stuff.

It is a bit scary coming out of your 'comfort' zone though but I figure I've got nothing to lose as if I don't sell I don't pay.

There doesn't seem to be too much competition in my field at the moment so maybe I can grab a niche!

I really hope this site does start getting lots of buyers and give Feebay a run for their money. They've had it too good for too long.

Off to have a look around now.
    Hello Pipsqueaks, Welcome, yes I know how it can feel looking for another place to sell, when you get the feel of how things work and the listing proccess it is easy to settle into eBid, I came here after the feebay shop items were dropped from search nightmare and price rise, I opted for a membership option with all eBid has to offer, that suited then because I knew I would have a place to build for the long term, and have happy with the way things are going.
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/BLOXBOOKS

All it needs is for lots of people to contact the news papers and tell them that there is a mass exodus from ebay to ebid and it will surely get coverage.Headline "EWARS" Sounds good to me!!Also it will be free advertising for the site and then it will get plenty of traffic.

Default goodbye ebay

Quote Originally Posted by dbharding View Post
    Ebay announced sweeping changes starting from February. They are reducing listin fees, but are forcing all Powersellers to register as business users.
    More concerning for the Seller is Ebay will not allow sellers to leave neagative feedback regardless.

Total uproar on the ebay forums. I reckon we will be seeing some new faces soon : )
    I have sold via eBay for the past 8 years and I am now fed up with their constant changes to the system. The hike in fees is just one of the reasons that I want to find an alternative site. I HATE using paypal too. I will give ebid a try and hopefully will do as well as I have done on eBay before it became too big for it's boots!

Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

Hello Natalie, I am also an Ebay Seller and trying to sell on Ebid with great difficulty and trying to ask a question on here to help me list my item, could you tell me how to ask a question please.
    regards
    Pam

West Bromwich, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View merlin's Feedback (+3081)
    All-About merlin
    View merlin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by roz55555 View Post
    Hello Natalie, I am also an Ebay Seller and trying to sell on Ebid with great difficulty and trying to ask a question on here to help me list my item, could you tell me how to ask a question please.
    regards
    Pam
    what do you need answering ???

Thread Information