eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 4 of 136 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Has Ebay Finally Shot Itself In the Foot?

no idea how to do a buddy link, or indeed where to start with an email!

just thought ebid may of had something, after all they want the business as much as us, don't they?

got the flyers etc, no shop or web site so no banner needed.

We really need a draft email with logo thats editable.....................

Perhaps we should have a competition to see who can come up with the most novel way to plug eBid?

Quote Originally Posted by scareyfairey View Post
    Perhaps we should have a competition to see who can come up with the most novel way to plug eBid?
    good idea. The only problem is, we normally only get 4 or 5 people taking part! We had the idea for an online viral eBid advert competition, but without the support of management, we can't do it properly.

Regarding buddy links, if you click on 'my ebid' on the right there is a button for 'my buddy points'. There you will find a link which you can copy and paste. If new users join ebid through this link then you get points. You can put this link at the bottom of your Emails. Some people have buttons which you can use on your emails, to make it look more colourful.

Wink ready made ebid email

Quote Originally Posted by wineoclock36 View Post
    no idea how to do a buddy link, or indeed where to start with an email!

just thought ebid may of had something, after all they want the business as much as us, don't they?

got the flyers etc, no shop or web site so no banner needed.

We really need a draft email with logo thats editable.....................
    I send out one of Gothicina Free Flyers do not take long to print out and cut just place one in the packet.

Seem every time I say to anyone have you looked on Ebid no one knows it is here.

I would also like a ready made email with the Ebid logo on think this could help
    Last edited by wizpartytime; 20th February 2008 at 12:09 PM.

Click on the Banner to go to my Store

http://uk.four.ebid.net/stores/Wizzy-Movie-Store

Quote Originally Posted by starwatcher View Post
    Ebid should take advantage of Ebay's current suicidal mode...and ADVERTISE to bring in buyers and other sellers. Ebay's members are, by and large, TACKED OFF ROYALLY at the company.

All they need is to know where the "welcome" door is located!
    I agree with the above statement. Ebid should be taking advantage of the situation at £Bay at the moment. I am afraid that it will be just the same as it has been before when £bay sellers have been in revolt. EBid seem quite happy to leave it up to the sellers of this site to do all their publicity for them. Nothing against sellers plugging the site etc I do it myself but would like to see some assistance from the management as well.

EBid have employed the assistance of a PR company, can someone tell me what they have done so far. I have not seen any publicity, advertising, or anything else for that matter. Surely as a PR company they should be picking up on the dissatisfaction at £Bay and running a recruitment campaign.

There is potential for this site to go ahead but it needs a push to do that. The sellers of this site do a lot to push it but they can only do so much. I get very frustrated when I see all the trouble at £Bay and nothing being done by the management of this site to capitalize on it.
    Quality Plants.

Plants & Shrubs, Perennials, Climbers and Unusual.

Check my stock out now.

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Quality-Pl...Unusual-Plants

************************************************** ********************************************

Collectable Ceramics Old And New

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Collectabl...cs-Old-and-New

Pity they don't do a bit more, an editable drafted email with ebid logo would be such a help for everyone.
    I just can't get my teeth into one, don't know what to say!

perhaps if i hold my breath it might happen!

Hi, I just joined EBID last night, I've been with Ebay for over 4 years and am just about to walk away, looking forward to trying EBID! Best of Luck to us all!

That would be perfect...Like starwatcher I am waiting for my last 30 or so items to run there course through eBay. It would be nice to get a ebid logo to send out to the many great buyers on eBay...Just do me a favor and leave the pain in the buts there lol. I put my first auction up here and am going to let it run its 7 days so I can familiarize myself with everything. The only thing I don't like so far is no shipping calculator. And I am not sure how when people see my listing and it says 0 for shipping if they think I am sending it for free???? lets hope not. That is why I am only listing one for now to see how it all works.

There are some logos in this thread:
    http://helpdesk.ebid.net/showthread.php?t=95311

the forum the logos are in has some useful ideas on promoting ebid and some good tools like the slideshow viewer etc.

Look at one of my auctions: http://uk.four.ebid.net/perl/auction...9-0&mo=auction

I have a logo and link in it and it has a hyperlink in it, so if anyone clicks on this to join ebid I get the buddy points. Feel free to copy it if you like it (remember to replace the link with yours), or gets some images and links from www.gothicina.co.uk.

If there is anything on the site that you don't like, eg the lack of shipping calculator, post a thread on the 'website suggestions and glitches' forum and often Gazza and Mark take up our suggestions and implement them on the site. They're good at all the techie stuff, just need to get someone to do the promoting stuff.

Forum Lurker
    Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
    View RaspberryBazaar's Feedback (+109)
    All-About RaspberryBazaar
    View RaspberryBazaar's Listings
    Forum Posts

Smile

Ive said for years that Ebay power sellers should be classed as business sellers. To be dealing with as many items sold/or amount in money regular enough to stay as a PS status then they are not running their accounts as a hobby. They should be paying tax on their income from ebay. I am self employed and I include every penny I make from internet sales in my tax return. So I am in agreement with Greedbay doing this, but the feedback rule of a seller not being able to leave neg feedback is unbelievable. Apparantely you can leave a neg comment but with a positive rating??? How many buyers are going to hold a sellers feedback to ransom now? Good thing for Ebid though as I can see alot of people coming over from Ebay now as I cant see sellers putting up with this.

Thread Information