eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 136 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Has Ebay Finally Shot Itself In the Foot?

I sell about 300 to 400 items a month on Ebay. Only sold about 8 items here. It is slow and the job of the site owners now is to strike while the iron is how. We have plenty of choice and sellers here, but buyers are pretty non existent. Until eBid get people buying, this site will stay static and slow. Once the buyers do come, I think this site has the potential to explode and rapidly grow. Ebid has some good ideas, and I do so much hope it will grow and kill off eBay. I hate paying that lot nearly £1000 a month in fees for poor service and being treated like an idiot.

The thing to do is to email all your customers and tell them that you are now trading here, all the time they can buy from you on ebay, inertia being what it is they won't make the effort. Empty shelves over there will mean they will come and find you here. Customer education is the key, offer a carrot cheaper prices or postage with the savings in costs here, at least until we have got them over.
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

Quote Originally Posted by dbharding View Post
    I sell about 300 to 400 items a month on Ebay. Only sold about 8 items here. It is slow and the job of the site owners now is to strike while the iron is how. We have plenty of choice and sellers here, but buyers are pretty non existent. Until eBid get people buying, this site will stay static and slow. Once the buyers do come, I think this site has the potential to explode and rapidly grow. Ebid has some good ideas, and I do so much hope it will grow and kill off eBay. I hate paying that lot nearly £1000 a month in fees for poor service and being treated like an idiot.
    You are exactly right. There are some features over here which are much better than feebay such as integrated google checkout as well as paypal. You don't have to worry abiut recurring listing fees. The frustration is that it isn't promoted enough. I have tried selling things in auctiob format with low start prices but they get hardley any bids, so I use eBid to list my BINs and things I want to auction such as our 2nd hand games, I use the other side (sorry, but I can't afford to give it away! Auction on eBid finished at £1.50, but same thing was £11.27 on the other side)

Default Has Ebay Finally Shot itself In the Foot

Hello everyone I am a powerseller with 100% positive feedback on eBay. My name, cwolf113, is the same as it is here. eBay has shot itself in the foot and I will be monitoring this site as I am trying to find a new home for my online auctions. So far from everything I have seen it will probably be my choice. Thanks for all of the help so far with my questions and I look forward to buying and selling in a fair trading atmosphere.
    Not only has eBay changed the feedback system to make it easy for buyers to extort sellers they have taken away the gallery and lowered insertion fee's...why would the fee change upset me? Because they have raised the final value fee's much more than the smoke screen gallery fee's and insertion fee's. The only way the new system will help is if your item doesn't sell! They have also implemented a new detailed seller ratings program that is absolutely ridiculous. etc.... I have sent invitations to join Ebid to over 1000 people if we all do this we can build this site bigger than eBay since they have forgotten that us sellers built eBay to what it was. See ya soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's the idea email all YOUR customers, and those you buy from, tell them if they want your custom to list it here.
    Ken

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

Thumbs up Ebay shot itself ...and is driving away good sellers!

--- I have sent invitations to join Ebid to over 1000 people if we all do this we can build this site bigger than eBay since they have forgotten that us sellers built eBay to what it was.---

Well, cwolf113...you are not alone. I'm letting my LAST Ebay items run their course and then my business goes here, too. My longtime ID at Ebay(7+ years) is starwatcher03 ...and I also have a 100% positive feedback.

Ebay's slap in the face to its sellers was more than I was willing to take. I do not do business where I'm not appreciated.

Ebid seems far more friendly and member oriented.

Ebid should take advantage of Ebay's current suicidal mode...and ADVERTISE to bring in buyers and other sellers. Ebay's members are, by and large, TACKED OFF ROYALLY at the company.

All they need is to know where the "welcome" door is located!

I've been plugging away in various groups, trouble is they are all like rabbuts in headlights frightened to move away!
    Ken

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

Wish ebid had a draft email with logo etc for us to customise and send out to ebay customers.

I am stuck with what to put! Brain seems to have ceased up!

Quote Originally Posted by starwatcher View Post
    Ebid should take advantage of Ebay's current suicidal mode...and ADVERTISE to bring in buyers and other sellers. Ebay's members are, by and large, TACKED OFF ROYALLY at the company.

All they need is to know where the "welcome" door is located!
    Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to happen, apart from us promoting the site ourselves. There is a PR company, but they only seem to have done 1 thing so far in about November, which was do a survey on old pop groups and say the survey was run by eBid.

Wish ebid had a draft email with logo etc for us to customise and send out to ebay customers.
    this is a good idea - a set of templates for promoting your eBid store such as Emails. Gothicina is good at promotional stuff (see www.gothicina.co.uk for free flying templates and banner ads etc),

When you send your Emails to advertise eBid, make sure you use your buddy link - if they click through that to join, you get buddy points. There's been some decent things on the buddy auctions lately, like DVD players, so you can save up the points and bid on them.

Thread Information