Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Has Ebay Finally Shot Itself In the Foot?

Forum Saint
    View Cocksparrer's Feedback (+424)
    All-About Cocksparrer
    View Cocksparrer's Listings
    Forum Posts

Well greedbay has shot itself in the head for me let alone their foot, cant be bothered selling over there damn capitalistic ideas & their lying buyers.

On all my auctions on ebid you wont ever find peepal being used ever again.

Have to agree, except for the PP thing, still use them as my customers like it That old feebay dinosaur is twitching and losing its balance at the edge of the tar pits now. When will it drop in and go down?

Interesting, the powersellersunite website has a variety of feebay articles and there is one that claims that feebay wants to evolve into a sort of Overstock.com site, with big company sales only. Might be why there are so many anti small seller policies and suspensions of sellers.

Otherwise I don't have a clue why a successful company like feebay was 5 years ago (w/ 100 million auctions DAILY), would start the various hijinks it has to rid itself of smaller sellers, support even poor non paying buyers, etc. Now their sales are down to 25 million a day!

Powersellersunite.com also has the chart which shows the daily counts on all the auction sites and seems very accurate.ebid's always matches the posted figures on home page. Lots of interesting articles on that site, you might want to give it a read if you have a moment for feebay news.

Quote Originally Posted by deltadelta48 View Post
    Interesting, the powersellersunite website has a variety of feebay articles...
    Nice site, thanks. But after reading several articles I gave up, it seemed entirely focussed on the USA. Did I give up too soon, or is that so?
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

Quote Originally Posted by johnwash1 View Post
    Nice site, thanks. But after reading several articles I gave up, it seemed entirely focussed on the USA. Did I give up too soon, or is that so?
    There's a forum on ebid on that site, in case you're interested.

Oh god I just tried to list something on eBay (a job lot of 23 Doctor Who books I didn't want to take forever to sell) but oh dear, WHAT ON EARTH HAVE THEY DONE? Trying to list there is a nightmare, it kept randoming altering the html, then trying to get the shipping set for the uk, and having worked that out, trying to set international postage (someone tell them that you CAN send books and printed papers out of the country if it weighs more than 2Kg...). No wonder they've got so many phantom listings and so few real people.

I've listed them here instead now. Guess I'll pack them away and wait, eBay is just serious grief to list on, I'm surprised there is anyone left.

Quote Originally Posted by moonwitch View Post
    Am I the only one here that has had totally no problems listing on feebay since I started trading there 3 years or so ago?

I have seen the changes and none of them have greatly affected my business
    No you're not alone Moonwitch. I've been on there about 10 years, and sales are just as good as ever.

Quote Originally Posted by moonwitch View Post
    Am I the only one here that has had totally no problems listing on feebay since I started trading there 3 years or so ago?

I have seen the changes and none of them have greatly affected my business
    Lucky you. Unfortunately, you not having any problems does not affect the way the site allows me to list.

I wanted to trade there and was prevented from listing - by crazy html changing itself between listing, preview and back, and by a bizarre message telling me I couldn't send items out of the UK as a small packet that weighs more than 2Kg. Someone should tell their coders about printed papers and books (<5Kg except to Canada).

Oh well, maybe I'll try again in a few weeks when what I've listed here doesn't sell and I'm in a better frame of mind to deal with the carp.

Quote Originally Posted by SalusLibrorum View Post
    Lucky you. Unfortunately, you not having any problems does not affect the way the site allows me to list.

I wanted to trade there and was prevented from listing - by crazy html changing itself between listing, preview and back, and by a bizarre message telling me I couldn't send items out of the UK as a small packet that weighs more than 2Kg. Someone should tell their coders about printed papers and books (<5Kg except to Canada).

Oh well, maybe I'll try again in a few weeks when what I've listed here doesn't sell and I'm in a better frame of mind to deal with the carp.
    How do they know it weighs more than 2kg?

If they're asking the weight now, that's not a bad idea (except for what they're doing to you). Last time I tried to list a book on there it was seriously heavy (around 1,500 pages) and I was gobsmacked to find that my postage at cost (approx 7 quid) wasn't permitted, I was supposed to send it at a loss at 2.75.

Which no doubt is influenced by Amzon, but someone needs to give feebay a poke in the eye and point out that Amzon is free to list, a big difference.
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

Which no doubt is influenced by Amzon, but someone needs to give feebay a poke in the eye and point out that Amzon is free to list, a big difference.
    There are too many restrictions on sellers on Amazon for me to want to trade there in a big way.

Just did a few searches last night for products that I list on other sites...but on Amazon the same products are only allowed to be sold by selected sellers.

I gave up searching after a while because I am not one of their approved sellers and can only sell a very limited range there.

How do they know it weighs more than 2kg?

If they're asking the weight now, that's not a bad idea (except for what they're doing to you). Last time I tried to list a book on there it was seriously heavy (around 1,500 pages) and I was gobsmacked to find that my postage at cost (approx 7 quid) wasn't permitted, I was supposed to send it at a loss at 2.75.

Well I finally worked out what to do and listed them. You just put Courier - large and bulky item, then let potential buyers know what the postage and carrier will be in the text, I'm linking to the post office price calculator for international people with a note in the text about the weight and splitting the parcel into two lots for Canada. Then you add it all on at the invoice stage, seems simple enough, I was obviously not thinking at all straight the other night.

I listed my Doctor Who books there yesterday, and by the end of today had a buyer on a buy it now, for twice the price I had them on here for (listed here since the 2nd). What can I say?

Thread Information