eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 10 of 136 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192060110 ... LastLast

Thread: Has Ebay Finally Shot Itself In the Foot?

Thanks so much, I'm new and I really don't know what I'm doing...and to think I was so proud of myself for getting my listings done! Thanks for the help, I'll email them shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by angie2613 View Post
    Thanks so much, I'm new and I really don't know what I'm doing...and to think I was so proud of myself for getting my listings done! Thanks for the help, I'll email them shortly.
    Get a paramedic lined up to call round on you soon afterwards. You'll be in shock, it'll be such a contrast with eBay to get a mail from a real human being who actually looks at your question and tries to help, instead of cutting and pasting a paragraph from something random!
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by HannaHolly View Post
    angie i just checked out your listings. i notice you have some of your auctions on as 'featured' which has an additional fee. If you intended to list as featured- ignore me!

However if you didnt intend to list as featured. send an email to support@ebid.tv to advise you made a mistake ( in similar situations they have refunded fees) and edit your auctions so that they are either 'free' or 'gallery'. If you go to your 'my ebid' area there is a 'my defaults' section. make sure your default templates are set to either free or gallery.
    I know many of us are here from ebay hopeing to see another site grow and promote stiff competition. But let's give the devil its due. For each transaction ebay gives the seller a clear concise amount owed on there account and the fee that will be charged for the new listing before you accept. I would really like to see that policy adopted by ebid as soon as possible.

I am an eBay refugee. I am a powerseller over there with 99.9% feedback. I am disgusted with their changes, especially the feedback. To punish all the reputable sellers and give anyone who wants to start buying on eBay the power to give negative feedback to a seller who has been nothing but honest and prompt. My thoughts are to become a Power Seller with high feedback percentages you have to have run your business with great care and they allow someone with zero feedback to come along and give sellers negatives with no thought or not a care in the world...
    So anyway, I was curious whether eBid has an idea on how many newbies have signed up in the last week or so. Their lowering the lifetime thing to half price was brilliant and perfectly timed. I just hope we can get a lot of buyers to follow!

10 years on Ebay, hope to see Ebid take off, not much in my category (used designer purses and shoes), but I am hoping that will pick up soon with others leaving. Been posting links on the feedback board over there!

The most important thing to do is email anyone you have ever dealt with on ebay and tell them that you are now buying and selling here. Need to make sure that other sellers know as well that if they want to make any sales to you, they had better start selling here!
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

Sadly a lot of buyers are for the change, they may be reluctant to follow, and why not, they will have it made, they can get no negatives, for anything!

I am like a lot of buyers - if I find a good seller with interesting stock I will keep an eye on their listings, whether listed here or elsewhere.

If buyers and sellers are also made aware that retaliatory feedback is not tolerated on this site they will hopefully have the confidence to trade here.

Default When eBay Was Fun

Quote Originally Posted by TONSofTEES View Post
    I was curious whether eBid has an idea on how many newbies have signed up in the last week or so.
    We've been selling on eBay since 1999 and signed up with eBid yesterday. eBay used to be a fun place and we've tried to keep our auctions fun. We have pretty laid back policies, but it's been getting more and more hostile. The second to last straw was an arugment I had with our PowerSeller representative over shipping fees. The last was the fee increase and feedback 2.0. I have eBay's community values framed on my wall, and eBay has fallen away from all of them to varying degrees. So, we're looking for a new fun place, and eBid looks to be it.

Kettering, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    View scanjet1954's Feedback (+1757)
    All-About scanjet1954
    View scanjet1954's Listings
    Forum Posts

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by bluefincircle View Post
    I am like a lot of buyers - if I find a good seller with interesting stock I will keep an eye on their listings, whether listed here or elsewhere.

If buyers and sellers are also made aware that retaliatory feedback is not tolerated on this site they will hopefully have the confidence to trade here.
    Retaliatory feedback is not tolerated here - I recently had one left for me. I contacted admin and explained the circumstances and the feedback was removed and changed to a neutral.

Thread Information