Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
  • Welcome to eBid September 2018 Newsletter

3,828,996 Live Listings
    24,413 Categories
    $3,266,543,352 Gross Listing Value

Welcome to eBid September 2018 Newsletter

News from Gazza

Welcome to our September Newsletter. Summer is closing down gradually for us all up here in the northern hemisphere. The autumnal weather starts to settle in once again and, like it or not, the whisperings of Christmas and the holiday season start to creep into our lives. This time of year is eBid's busiest and this year we are more stable and prepared than ever before.

We are making some very big changes this month with the way in which the lifetimes of your listings are handled on eBid. Up until now, when you repost an item from the LISTINGS I RAN section of MY EBID using the checkboxes (mass repost) then the previous item was completely duplicated and a new listing started with exactly the same details BUT with a new listing ID number. The old listing was still shown in your LISTING I RAN section until it was either deleted by yourself or 75 days passed and it was automatically archived. This same methodology was also used with the manual repost system (single-item repost).

The updates we are making this coming week mean that any reposts will now not create a duplicate listing but will re-use the previous instance again. The listing will keep the same listing ID and the original listing will disappear from your LISTINGS I RAN section and re-appear in the LISTING I'M RUNNING section. The use of the REPOST + DELETE checkboxes will therefore also change. Using the same ID will allow links that appear in search engines to remain valid and not take a user to the closed version of the listing any longer. The changes will be live in the coming days.

As many of you will know, September has been a bit bumpy for us due to a DDOS attack that brought down the eBid platform for over 24 hours, a sleepless night or two were required to handle the situation successfully. You may notice a new automatic browser check from Cloudflare when browsing the website, it will last a couple of seconds and once you are through the check then you shouldn't come across the check again during your session. These safeguards will put a stop to a lot of traffic we receive from non-human sources.

Other updates :

UPDATE - Improved My eBid pages for mobile phone viewports.
    UPDATE - Improved Search Result pages for mobile phone viewports.
    UPDATE - Improved Browse Category pages for mobile phone viewports.
    UPDATE - My Blackball was not enabled for MaO.
    UPDATE - Improvements made when entering barcode numbers on initial SELL page.
    UPDATE - Removed leading and trailing spaces on "First Time on eBid" email box.
    BUGFIX - Users with a ".co" email domain extension not being accepted on "First Time on eBid" email box.
    BUGFIX - Product Attributes acting as subcategories on top level BROWSE pages were showing incorrectly translated versions on some occasions.
    BUGFIX - Fixed All About Me Page and Feedback Page links on sellers username string in main body of listing details pages.
    BUGFIX - Listings with product attributes were not showing in filtered search results after being manually edited.
    BUGFIX - Some users in Europe were not able to update registered card details since our payment provider updated their SSL certificates on the 5th September.
    BUGFIX - Seller username and feedback links on listing details page body were not functioning on small viewports.
    BUGFIX - Adding two decimal points in price boxes on listing for was causing browser to stick in error message loop.
    BUGFIX - Some images being imported from other marketplaces were missing images.

Competition Time

Last Newsletter's Question :

How much did the recent Official US Soccer auctions earn for charity on eBid?

a) $50
    b) $10,000
    c) $30,000
    The correct answer was $30,000.

Congratulations to eBidder Shesawaya38485 from Waynesboro, TN . Your goodybag prize will be on its way very shortly.

This Month's Question :

What changes are being made to listings on eBid this month?

a) Listing fees are being added for each new listing?
    b) Listing ID numbers are being re-used when reposts are made?
    c) A limit on the number of live listings per eBid member is being added?
    To enter send us
    :
    Answer to the competition question
    Your eBid username
    Name and address for sending out any prizes
    Incomplete entries will be automatically deleted. Closing date 10th October 2018. Email answers to competitions at ebid.net
Follow Us
New To eBid?
Register for Free