eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
  • Buddy Up!

Buddy (n)

a good friend; a comrade

a partner, esp. one of a pair or team associated under the buddy system

We all put great store on personal recommendations from friends, and likewise if we find something we like it is good to share it with our friends.

It is notable how many new eBid account holders say that they heard of eBid from a friend. Personal recommendations are always a good thing. They instill trust and confidence.

To show our appreciation to members that refer us, we have a long-established ‘Buddy Points System’.

The Buddy Points program is eBid’s own 'Loyalty Card' system. You can earn and accumulate points that can be used throughout the site.

How do you earn Buddy Points?

Buddy Points can be*earned by referring your friends. Simply add your friends email address to*the form on this page.*They will then receive an invitation to come and join eBid.

You will earn Buddy Points once a customer clicks on your Buddy Point Link then registers with eBid. You will not earn points if a customer views your listing via a search engine or similar and clicks on the Buy Now option, but does not click on your Buddy Point Link. Customers must click on your link prior to registration to earn points. Once they join you will earn 1 point for each. If they then upgrade to SELLER you will earn another 2 points, if they upgrade to SELLER+ you will earn another 5 points.

Another neat and easy way to encourage friends and contacts to use your Buddy Point Link, is to add the link to your email signatures, forum signatures or on your website. You will find your Buddy Link URL on your My eBid > My Buddy Points page

We have heard Members say “oh, not for me, not sure I could earn enough Buddy Points to make it worth my while”. You almost certainly could with just a few referrals to friends and people you know and you genuinely think may be interested.

Your day-to-day transactions on the site can also earn you Buddy Points - a full breakdown of how points can be earned can be found here.

As an extra bonus, you can also earn a whopping 20 Buddy Points for each social networking site you follow us on. This alone can boost your Buddy Points by a significant amount. A list of applicable sites can be found on the*eBid & Social Networks section.

How do I spend Buddy Points?

So, you’ve sent some referrals, you have followed us on our various social networks and you now have a healthy Buddy Point balance? What to buy with them? Here are some examples of recent successful Buddy Point purchases.

Click here. to view Buddy Auctions currently running.

There are some great items on offer, so get collecting those Buddy Points to be in with a chance of winning.
Follow Us
New To eBid?
Register for Free