Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
  • eBid Newsletter - December 2014

News from Gazza

3,887,456 Live Listings
    Welcome to the eBid December Newsletter. Christmas has just passed and the New Year is upon us again. May I start by wishing all eBidders around the world a very Happy New Year and all the best from eBid for 2015.

The Christmas period on eBid was the busiest we've ever seen (1st Dec to 20th Dec) with 5th December being the busiest day of all in all eBid territories around the world. I'm glad to say the eBid infrastructure held up to all the pressure from shoppers just fine and many thousands of Christmas presents were successfully purchased and shipped from our sellers worldwide.

Did anyone receive a present or two that they more than likely won't be making use of? Why not put it up for sale now on eBid. List it for free and pay a maximum of 3% when it's sold. You'll always receive more of the sale price when you sell it on eBid.

2015 is looking like being a very big year for us. So what's in store?

We've got a BIG redesign underway which will include a brighter clearer interface, simpler navigation and faster, more responsive pages.
    The eBid Mobile App v2 is under construction as we speak. This will improve the app in many ways, navigation will be smoother, buttons more easily tappable, tablet layout available for larger screens, account upgrades available in app and more My eBid functions available.
    A continuation of our SEO improvement program to obtain more organic search engine traffic on top of the paid traffic we currently supply to our SELLER+ account holders at no extra cost.
    Our Affiliate Program will be improved with links to individual listings being available for affiliates to use.
    The eBid API will be coming out of BETA, we currently have around 30 users testing it and there are currently quite a few hundred thousand listings live on the site that were started using it. Contact us via the website for access if you wish to give it a whirl.
    Another possible change we can't mention just yet, we'll let you know as soon as we can.
    Other additions this month :

UPDATE - eBid Collections (public lists) no longer permitting self promotion.
    UPDATE - Frontpage Listings increased to 10 and on a 30 second category auto rotation
    UPDATE - Expired subscription notices made a little more clear
    BUGFIX - My Bulk Edit > Return Policy not working correctly
    eBid Pulse News from Debbie

#jointheeBidrevolution
    Christmas is over, the turkey curry is almost finished and Father Christmas is enjoying a well-earned break. With New Year fast approaching, many of us will be in reflective mode, and possibly planning a few resolutions for next year. If saving money is on the list, – why not add "join the eBid revolution" to your New Year resolutions list?

We believe in a fair and clear pricing strategy, with attractive listing fees, no limits on the number of items you can list, the option to import your feedback score and listings from other marketplace sites, and 5 free eBid stores for SELLER+ Members – roll on 2015 with eBid.

Facebook competition winner
    Well done to buttons-and-bows from Llandudno, Gwynedd, United Kingdom who won a scrumptious Thorntons Ultimate Chocolate Hamper in our recent Facebook competition.

Suffering from chocolate envy?
    You still have a chance to win an identical Thorntons Ultimate Chocoholic Hamper in our recent Buddy Points offering. Bidding is fierce, but the listing doesn’t close until 4 January, so you still have a chance of winning this item with buddy points – what a nice treat for the New Year!.
Follow Us
New To eBid?
Register for Free