eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
  • All in a Days Work

When I tell my friends and family that I’m the social media coordinator for eBid, I usually get one of the following responses:

“You make a living doing that?”
    “Oh, you just play on Facebook and Twitter all day?”

Yes to first No to Second!

I think the best way I can describe my job is to explain many of the other jobs that make up my position. Every social media coordinator has different responsibilities and wears different hats, but these are some of the things that I do every day:

- Optimise, maintain, monitor and lead the platforms and any marketing strategies carried out in them: Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, Tumblr, Wordpress, Google+, instagram, etc.

- Content creation and management: content marketing.

- Interaction with users: community engagement.

- Social commerce: leads, calls to action and conversions in social media.

- Monitoring: online media, information sources and social channels.

- Measurements and follow-up: determining the ROI of the work carried out, justifying the quality of the actions taken and, of course, the results thereof.

- Fan building: based on achieving specific ROI objectives.

- Contests and campaigns: creative input, development, starting up and monitoring.

- Qualitative aspects: Sentiment reports, strengths, scope, virality, passion and effects for eBid online.

- SEO: blog and social platform (social search) optimisation, aimed at improving search results.

- The Teacher. Teach others in eBid how to get the best out of social media.

- The Pupil. Spend all spare time ( mostly out of hours ) learning, keeping up to date with all the latest news and developments in the ever changing social media world.

Social media never sleeps, and often find myself waking up at all hours of night , with an new idea and messaging Mark, Gary and Debbie ( sorry! It must drive you nuts! ) with my latest brainstorm.
    When not on officially at work, it is every social media coordinators duty to have his / hers smart phone with all the apps you need, (and some you probably don't ), so you can keep an eye on everything that is going on.

What's also is just as important is having a great team to work with and none can be better than the eBid team.

Hopefully next time someone asks me what I do, they won’t have to ask if I have a real job or simply smile and nod. I really enjoy my job and the fact that I’m able to wear so many hats every day, as well as meet all the wonderful people who make up the eBid community.

All in a day’s work for a social media coordinator.
Follow Us
New To eBid?
Register for Free