Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

View Poll Results: Would you like a Best Offer option here on eBid?

Voters
87. You may not vote on this poll
  • For it completely, and would use it all the time.

16 18.39%
  • For it, and would use it on some stuff.

31 35.63%
  • For it, but wouldn’t use it that often.

3 3.45%
  • For it, but wouldn’t use it personally. If others like it they should have it available to them.

7 8.05%
  • I don’t really don’t care either way.

13 14.94%
  • Against it completely.

17 19.54%
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Would you like the OPTION of "Best Offer" available on eBid?

so that is the end of this thread (thank god)... you have now heard from the owners of the site theweaverboy... there will be NO best offer on this site now lets drop this subject once and for all

Wakefield, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View nobrassband's Feedback (+1072)
    All-About nobrassband
    View nobrassband's Listings
    Forum Posts

eBid has spoken. That settles that then, at least for the time being!

It was a good idea for discussion, all members are entitled to have their say.

Now is the time to put the suggestion on the shelf and, perhaps, at some point in the distant future, carefully dust it off and raise the matter again.

Today, though, it is time to move on and get some trading done.
    Last edited by nobrassband; 2nd November 2009 at 10:15 AM.

Books and More from nobrassband

~~~
    Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.
    (Isaac Asimov)

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by gazza View Post
    Our new site is all about simplification of the trading process, adding Best Offer goes against this. Best Offer is not currently in our upcoming plans.But as ever we will listen to our users and if in the future it becomes obvious that it will be beneficial to us then we investgate.
    Gazza
    Interesting. Well there is only one way to find out. Just look at every Best Offer, Make an Offer, or Haggle poll. The pros have defeated the cons time and again.

Better yet ask the membership. Come now I just got an eBid newletter. I'm sure I wasn't the only one.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gazza View Post
    Our new site is all about simplification of the trading process, adding Best Offer goes against this. Best Offer is not currently in our upcoming plans.But as ever we will listen to our users and if in the future it becomes obvious that it will be beneficial to us then we investgate.
    Gazza
    Thank you very much for posting this, and for letting us see a glimpse of the ethos behind the site.

I'd love to think that this settles the matter, but I don't believe there's a hope in hell.

Quote Originally Posted by theweaverboy View Post
    Interesting. Well there is only one way to find out. Just look at every Best Offer, Make an Offer, or Haggle poll. The pros have defeated the cons time and again.

Better yet ask the membership. Come now I just got an eBid newletter. I'm sure I wasn't the only one.
    So now you are undermining what Gazza has posted?

Gazza has clearly said that there is no plans for the best offer (or what ever you want to call it) Yet you still think you know better than the owners by suggesting that they should send an email to all.

Maybe you should understand that not everyone wants a newsletter or stuff like that.

I just think you should show fellow members & site owners some respect.

Quote Originally Posted by theweaverboy View Post

you have been told no and yet you are still arguing the toss....

if it is so importent to you to have a "best offer" offer on your listings go to a site that offers it.

View victorfrank's Feedback (+160)
    All-About victorfrank
    View victorfrank's Listings
    Forum Posts

You gave it a good go, Weaverboy and I admire your persistence but the 20 - 30 Kitchen Table regulars have spoken (Ebid membership 622,968).

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by victorfrank View Post
    You gave it a good go, Weaverboy and I admire your persistence but the 20 - 30 Kitchen Table regulars have spoken (Ebid membership 622,968).
    I'm pro best offer. I'm anti spam.

Quote Originally Posted by raindropsies View Post
    So now you are undermining what Gazza has posted?

Gazza has clearly said that there is no plans for the best offer (or what ever you want to call it) Yet you still think you know better than the owners by suggesting that they should send an email to all.

Maybe you should understand that not everyone wants a newsletter or stuff like that.

I just think you should show fellow members & site owners some respect.
    Gazza
    Read the Gazza message again. He hasn't totally ruled out best offer.
    Weaverboy wants the membership polled - It seems 'spamming' with an email is out of the question according to the enlightened amongst us.

Would it still be spam if the owner's wished to get our opinion on selling out to ebay? Although only an example to illustrate people's perception of spam, an ebay takeover is a possibility and I am pretty sure you would all be up in arms if ebid did not 'spam' you with this info.

What is the harm in including the following in the Newsletter:

Best Offer is a HOT Topic - We'd LOVE your opinion.

then go onto say some basic detail and how those who ARE interested can give their opinion.

What is so 'spammy' about that?

As for the "not everyone wants a newsletter or stuff like that.", the newsletter is OPTIONAL.
    http://im1.ebidst.com/upload_banner/booksforsale_61768.jpg

Booksforsale For Vintage Homewares and New & Secondhand Books

Main Store - Click Here

Join ebid here

Quote Originally Posted by booksforsale View Post
    Read the Gazza message again. He hasn't totally ruled out best offer.
    Weaverboy wants the membership polled - It seems 'spamming' with an email is out of the question according to the enlightened amongst us.

Would it still be spam if the owner's wished to get our opinion on selling out to ebay? Although only an example to illustrate people's perception of spam, an ebay takeover is a possibility and I am pretty sure you would all be up in arms if ebid did not 'spam' you with this info.

What is the harm in including the following in the Newsletter:

Best Offer is a HOT Topic - We'd LOVE your opinion.

then go onto say some basic detail and how those who ARE interested can give their opinion.

What is so 'spammy' about that?

As for the "not everyone wants a newsletter or stuff like that.", the newsletter is OPTIONAL.
    I interpreted Gazza's post differently to you. you are correct that he's not ruled it out, but did state that it went against the new site.

I agree that the newsletter is optional, hence why I said that not everyone wants a newsletter or stuff like that,

I have not said that the OP is spammy have I, but i feel that he is going that way, 31% of all posts on this thread are by him trying to push the issue more and more.

Personally I don't care anymore about the best offer "option" but I do care that others are not able to keep their glitches or suggestions at the top of the forum all because the OP makes a pointless bump, repeating (in 1 way or another) what he has already posted.

Yes allow people to have their say on the issue, but to go about it in this way that the OP has chosen is just wrong IMO.

Thread Information