Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vintage Doll Collectors?

Default Vintage Doll Collectors?

Are there any vintage doll buyers and sellers out there?We need to get more on here.I sell and buy dolls such as Tiny Tears,Katie Copycat,Cheerful tearful and most other 60's and 70's dolls.If anyone loves vintage dolls and wants to buy any check out my items regularly as i will be listing vintage dolls.I have just listed a vintage Palitoy Tiny Tears.

Forum Diehard
    View kedo's Feedback (+4128)
    All-About kedo
    View kedo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Yes, I've got a fair few but its going to take me a while to get around to listing them. I'm trying to build up the toy section at the moment. Perhaps it might be worth listing a few in the toy section yourself. I'm beginning to get a significant level of hits there.

You called? I'm here waiting, sindy, barbie tressy brrrrrring em on lads pleeeeeeeas

Quote Originally Posted by Collymore2719 View Post
    Are there any vintage doll buyers and sellers out there?We need to get more on here.I sell and buy dolls such as Tiny Tears,Katie Copycat,Cheerful tearful and most other 60's and 70's dolls.If anyone loves vintage dolls and wants to buy any check out my items regularly as i will be listing vintage dolls.I have just listed a vintage Palitoy Tiny Tears.
    Your doll is listed under toys and games, so anyone searching dolls wont see it.

Forum Diehard
    View kedo's Feedback (+4128)
    All-About kedo
    View kedo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Just waiting for my new photographic light tent to arrive then I'll be getting stuck into my non-paper stuff.
    Last edited by kedo; 6th March 2007 at 02:29 AM.

Hi there! I collect Mattel "My Child" dolls from the 80's. They were trying to be rivals to the Cabbage Patch, until Mattel bought the rights to CPK from Coleco in 1988 and dumped the My Childs lol. I just listed one yesterday but plan to list more. We definitely need more of these types of buyers/sellers!

I love all things country and primitive, however, since vintage originals are hard to come by, I've found a little "niche" in selling vintage style reproductions...primitive style dolls, Santa Claus figures, etc.

I did well selling those kinds of things on "that-other-site" and while I've had a few window shoppers, not much else in terms of activity.

Is this an area of interest among collectors of original pieces, or are "new pieces made to look old" kind of passe? I'm trying to decide if I want to add more of this style of collectible or not. The supplier I use only offers these kinds of items as "limited editions" and are often not available after a season or two...so I guess, that makes them collectibles?!

Maybe I should suggest a new selling category for such things?

I love dolls! Don't think I will ever grow out of loving them. I have too many and need to be ruthless and get rid of a few. I have a couple of dolls at home now that need a new home.

Hello, I have just opened an new store in Dolls and Bears category here in USA. it is a much needed store, called "the DOLL Collector". I also have a store in Toys and Hobbies, called "Big Toy Lots". I plan on blowing up the two categories...hehehe, well at least add more to it than I see now. I also asked the administration here to add a category here in the Chat section about Dolls and Bears, as there is one for Toys and Hobbies, but not Dolls and Bears.

I have about 10 boxes of sindy dating from the 60's the early 90's that i will be trying to list here soon. I did ok with them on 'the other side' but am having nightmares 'over there' so am closing that place down. I need to sign up here to sell all my sindy stuff including a complete collection of the first 8 outfits & dolls. But ..... and this is a big BUT i need to pay fee's etc on this side by bank direct debit and cant find out how to sign up for that over here. I am not happy about putting other bank details on the internet and certainly dont like the idea of paypal etc. Any help out there would be warmly welcomed. Friendly wishes. Julie

Thread Information