eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Any Pagans Out There?

Forum Lurker
    View cvd's Feedback (+10)
    All-About cvd
    View cvd's Listings
    Forum Posts

How big do your Sabbats get? Most Samhain ones I've been to are ~80. And I'm in a Bible Belt!

Samhain doesn't get too big here, covens usually hold 2 'open' rituals a year- Yule and Lughnasadh/Summer Solstice. Summer Solstice is bigger just because it's warmer!! (Apart from last year, it was totally rained off. Love the British weather PMSL)

Stonehenge is pretty intense My particular Coven get together with the local Druid Grove sometimes as well, and up at the Longman of Wilmington there are a few open Druid festivals a year as well.

Forum Lurker
    View cvd's Feedback (+10)
    All-About cvd
    View cvd's Listings
    Forum Posts

Ahhh, so you're coven-oriented there.

Practically everyone's a solitary here, so we form loose knits of eclectic groups. This is the one I belong to: http://www.lilithtemple.ca/

Cheers!
    Last edited by cvd; 28th February 2008 at 07:20 AM.

Thanks for that website, it was really interesting

I too was a solitary for 7-8 years before I joined the coven, been there nearly 18 months now We meet up at least once a fortnight and are forever on the phone or msn with each other LOL

I'm a newbie to ebid and the forums..... Nice to see a Pagan community on here.

Apart from calling myself a pagan, I’m not quite sure what I am. Eclectic is probably the best description, and solitary (well apart from my partner that is). Also for my sins I am a working medium and sometimes tarot reader.

ps.
    forgot to add I've been a pagan for to many years now (well about 30) and follow my own path..... well it works for me :-)

Welcome Somersethedge

We all follow our own path in one way or another! So long as you are content, that's all anyone can ask

Blessed Be xxx

Forum Newbie
    View obe1's Feedback (+10)
    All-About obe1
    View obe1's Listings
    Forum Posts

I can't call myself a Pagan because I combine different beliefs. They are mainly Pagan with some Taoist and Native American amongst others, I have many books on Celtic and Pagan beliefs and I am reading up on Druidism and Bardism, at the moment I am reading y gwir yn erbyn y byd
    (The truth against/despite the world), I've also heard it called The Bardic Text but whatever you call it it takes some reading.
    I also like to read up on and practice herbalism, crystal healing, tradional chakrology and aromatherapy, I also have many books on traditional Chinese and Japanese medicine including Chinese herbs, acupunture, shiatsu and Qi Gong amongst others.
    Well I think that's about it and I hope I haven't confused anyone.

Joe

welcome to the site obe1. there are quite a few of us here, some are more obvious than others

Forum Newbie
    View obe1's Feedback (+10)
    All-About obe1
    View obe1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Many thanks somersethedge, glad to be here

Joe
    Learn to see the insignificant and small,
    grow in wisdom and develop insight,
    that which is irrevocable,
    do not try to fight,
    and so be saved from harm.