Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

View Poll Results: Should ALL YDC auctions be in aid of charity ?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

27 90.00%
  • No.

0 0%
  • Dunno.

0 0%
  • Not bothered.

3 10.00%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: YDC: Charity Auctions. Please Vote.

Exclamation YDC: Charity Auctions. Please Vote.

Ayup folks !

Can you please vote on this poll, I'll go with the majority as usual.

Over the last few weeks a couple of people have contacted me requesting that I alter the rule's for YDC so that all auctions must be for charity. I said that I would let YDCer's choose via a poll on KT, so here it is.

Please cast your vote.
    Yorkie

My FaceBook page.
    My Twitter page.
    My YouTube channel.

Mention eBid if you add me on FaceBook or Twitter so I know where you are from.

View shabbird's Feedback (+89)
    All-About shabbird
    View shabbird's Listings
    Forum Posts

voted yes..

I already thought that if you listed an item under YDC it was for Charity, if this is not the case, then I have voted YES, all YDC auctions must be for charity

Quote Originally Posted by sat246
    I already thought that if you listed an item under YDC it was for Charity, if this is not the case, then I have voted YES, all YDC auctions must be for charity
    My thoughts entirely, i've voted yes.

In fact i'm very disappointed to find out they they weren't already. Does this mean that some auctions were represented as being for charity & got people to bid under false pretences?

Shameful, Yes Yes Yes, charity only, or else why put YDC in the listing?

My auctions, good prices, fair p&p.

Laughing is good exercise, it's like jogging on the inside.

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional.

I remember raising this issue some year or two ago and being SHOUTED down.

I was SHOCKED that not all YDC items where for charity and was told that , it was not set up to be for charity it was meant to mean :

YORKIES DAFT COMPETITION

So i shut up about and felt proper daft. lmao

Anyway, so maybe you should have explained in the OPENING POST Frank that it was not meant to be for charity in the begining and that it has always been up to the individual.

I also remember though, that if your YDC items are not intended to be sold for the benefit of a charity you are NOT ( obviously ) allowed to claim that they are.

For the record, mine always have been and i say now as i said way back then - IT IS KINDA MISLEADING, You DO PRESUME that YDC means charity.

Voted option ONE.

Quote Originally Posted by fairywishes
    I remember raising this issue some year or two ago and being SHOUTED down.

I was SHOCKED that not all YDC items where for charity and was told that , it was not set up to be for charity it was meant to mean :

YORKIES DAFT COMPETITION

So i shut up about and felt proper daft. lmao

Anyway, so maybe you should have explained in the OPENING POST Frank that it was not meant to be for charity in the begining and that it has always been up to the individual.

I also remember though, that if your YDC items are not intended to be sold for the benefit of a charity you are NOT ( obviously ) allowed to claim that they are.

For the record, mine always have been and i say now as i said way back then - IT IS KINDA MISLEADING, You DO PRESUME that YDC means charity.

Voted option ONE.

I thought ydc meant for charity! oops!

Quote Originally Posted by sat246
    I thought ydc meant for charity! oops!
    So did i, my bad for just assuming, lol, guess i should have read all the details properly. Oh well, i'd still prefer them to be only for charity.

My auctions, good prices, fair p&p.

Laughing is good exercise, it's like jogging on the inside.

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional.

View shelleywelley's Feedback (+391)
    All-About shelleywelley
    View shelleywelley's Listings
    Forum Posts

I did know that not all auctions had to be for charity, but all the auctions I usually look at are so wasn't aware that there were still non charity ones being put on (if that makes sense).

I think YDC does a great job in raising money for charity, and people tend to be more generous with their bids, so yep I'm in favour of it being charity only.

I thought that part of the listing rules was to include:
    'This auction is an entry in YDC and all money will go to......' and name your charity. I've not seen an auction thats not for charity, and don't really want to.
    If you open the YDC to non-charity auctions, it will spoil the whole idea of doing it. Besides...why can't they start an ordinary auction for themselves??
    KEEP IT FOR CHARITY!!

Thread Information