My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Item sitting in post office

Default Item sitting in post office

Happy Days sold my first handbag!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now here is the problem...... I had contacted the buyer in regards a safe place for delivery I was understanding by address it was a apartment building. Got no respond. It was paid for thru Pay Pal right away, so I called supplier and had the bag shipped. Bag shipped got tracking number sent tracking number to customer. 3 days go by I check tracking number and find out they left a message at the apartment to please pick up or call post office with delivery instructions. Again I email buyer thru Ebid and email address that was listed informing her of delivery at post office, just in case message left was lost. I have not got a responds from buyer as of yet. USPS will return the bag to the supplier on November 3rd if they don't here from buyer. Anyone have any other ideas on what to do for me????????

Thanks!
    http://us.ebid.net/perl/main.cgi?mo=...n-crivitz-ebid
    Last edited by Annie9300; 24th October 2015 at 01:15 PM. Reason: spelling
    Please stop by and visit my stores!

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Item sitting in post office

you fulfilled your part of the contract by getting the bag delivered , if its returned to you the buyer should pay the postage to resend, you did every thing correct by emailing the buyer several times, plus they gave you no specific shipping instructions, eg post thursday so it arrives saturday, i would say it down now to the buyer to make contact
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

View JaBek1's Feedback (+25)
    All-About JaBek1
    View JaBek1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Item sitting in post office

Sid is probably correct. There is really nothing that you can do if their mailman has left a notice. You have followed up by letting them know that records indicate that a notice was left so all that is left is for you to wait for the buyer to either pick up the package or the package is returned to you.

It sounds like you use drop shipping which is something I personally do not care for, but there should be a procedure in place by which your supplier handles return of non-deliverable packages. I would suggest that you verify with your supplier precisely what that procedure is in case USPS returns it to them.

If the buyer contacts you regarding not receiving their order, you will have to deal with that issue if and when it comes up. Frankly, owing to the payment being handled via PayPal, there is a good chance that the buyer will end up receiving a full refund if they file a non-receipt dispute despite the reason for the non-delivery being their failure to pick up the item.

Personally, if the item were returned to me or I received word from the supplier that they had received the return, I would send one message to the buyer advising them that the item had been returned and requesting instructions on how they wished the transaction to proceed. I would then do nothing until I received a reply. Of course, the nature of the reply, if one was received, would dictate any further actions resolving the situation.

Thread Information