Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: NL has stopped uploading??????

Unhappy NL has stopped uploading??????

A few days ago, I successfuly uploaded 21 items from NL.I then did 13 more...put them into my GTG box and nothing!!!..I press upload..nothing happens...duh!.Can anyone help please..£30 for this is quite depressing.

I have waited for any bugs to be fixed etc to no avail....still get no response
    any advice will be appreciated I have 1200 to load.

I had no problems creating ads or getting the first 21 up, so what went wrong?
    Last edited by Temptation; 11th February 2010 at 06:56 PM.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Don't know the answer for sure, but have you checked you're using the latest version? It's possible they're preventing earlier ones from uploading since they had known bugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Temptation View Post
    .Can anyone help please..£30 for this is quite depressing.
    Umm... £30 for what? NL is free..
    I have waited for any bugs to be fixed etc to no avail....still get no response
    any advice will be appreciated I have 1200 to load.
    Software is still Beta.. Beta means it is still in testing, it is still expected to have bugs .. it needs people like us to file detailed bug reports so that things get fixed..
    I had no problems creating ads or getting the first 21 up, so what went wrong?
    Check and verify you are using version 0.94 , also check and verify that your settings contain your correct username, password, and locale setting..

When you go to process the GtG bucket (upload listings) does it try to connect and fail? if it cannot connect, I would be looking at firewall and antivirus software that may be blocking it. if it connects and starts uploading, let it run and it should report back that x listings uploaded successfully .. NOTE: successful upload does NOT Mean that listings are launched or live! - TO check on the status of the uploads, go to My eBid and then to My Bulk Uploads and check on the file status in the menu . It can take as much as 15 minutes before your recent upload will show up, so Patience is the keyword of the day...

If you got a successful upload from NL and you dont see results in Bulk Upload area after a half hour, then perhaps it would help to report the listing titles, and any other details that can be provided..

if NL is able to connect, Ive never seen it NOT successfully upload the data.. Although I imagine if there was some glitchy routing in the internet connection somewhere between the user and eBid (dropped packets, failing routers.. there can be a dozen different places on the way where things fail and it is not the fault of eBid , nor is it the fault of your ISP.. it's the fault of the company that owns the routers handling the data..)

So if the first upload connects and doesnt give successful upload report.. and 15 minutes or so later nothing shows up in Bulk Uploads section of your "My eBid" panel , try again and see if it goes through a second time..
    Many changes yet again, started a new venture, and you can watch my store grow here: Really Rural Woodworks

I have version 0.92...it does offer me an upgrade when i log on..to 0.94...So next question is...will I lose all the ads that i have done and are ready to load by installing updated version??

PS..I had paid my £49.99 a long time ago...Had to pay £30 to download NL..total £80..£74.99 for newbies....If that makes sense

I have version 0.92...it does offer me an upgrade when i log on..to 0.94...So next question is...will I lose all the ads that i have done and are ready to load by installing updated version??

PS..I had paid my £49.99 a long time ago...Had to pay £30 to download NL..total £80..£74.99 for newbies....If that makes sense
    No idea if you loose the auctions when you upgrade to 0.94

As for you paying £30 for NL as Ideal has said NL is free, if you've been charged contact support as I too have NL and never paid anything for it. Unless you mean you paid £49.99 for seller+ 360days then paid the £30 for seller+ Lifetime membership recently as there is NO charge for NL
    Last edited by craig7501; 11th February 2010 at 08:35 PM.
    Don't walk in front of me..I may not follow-don't walk behind me..I may not lead-just walk beside me and be my friend.
    Albert Camus

PERSONAL RECORD SET
    27hours 30minutes without sleep

it might - its still in beta - i cant find the reference for the NL file, but its located in your application data file in your documents on windows if that helps....

make a copy then update.....

yes it does lose your listings on upgrade in many cases.. has not been tested yet but search your machine for ninjalister.csv while NL is closed and not running , and see if you can save a backup copy of the NL files which might let you keep your NL listings.. but since you are version 0.92 and not 0.94 that likely is the reason for the issue.. Normally it should warn you as soon as you start up NL that there is a newer version ...

I am not sure what happens if you were to go to the options and click on dont upgrade ... which might explain why you havent gotten any notifications.. (or if you simply never closed out NL before and then it would not be aware of updated version .. )

as for the extra you had to pay - Craig 7501 has got that one covered ..
    Many changes yet again, started a new venture, and you can watch my store grow here: Really Rural Woodworks

Thank you all very much for this info..very sweet fo you.

I have just saved my csv file in application data as advised..

I closed down myNL and on re-opening pressed update button to get 0.94

Nothing happens?No response

Thank you all very much for this info..very sweet fo you.

I have just saved my csv file in application data as advised..

I closed down myNL and on re-opening pressed update button to get 0.94

Nothing happens?No response
    It actually is kind of goofy - what I always end up having to do is - close NL and then go to the website and download the latest version from My bulk Uploads section , and then it pops up asking you if you want to replace the old version , or some such..

it doesnt automatically update (perhaps a bug.. but as for me, I actually prefer it NOT updating automatically (I hate automatic updates .. )

Ok..won't update from NL iself.....But I download 0.94 from site, and it worked..I know have updated version and imported my csv file.

Unfortunately It brought back the 21 that I had uploaded but none of the rest, so all lost.....sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Thread Information