UK PHILIPS COMPLETE 45 / 78 rpm SINGLES CATALOGUE 1957-1970

Listing Ended. This listing from anchorite [+5410] ended on Sat 30 Sep 2017 19:33:03 (BST). If you were involved in this then you can click here to login and view it within My eBid. To see more items from this seller click here. Public bidding/purchase history can be seen below.
  • Condition : New
  • Dispatch : 2 Days
  • Quantity : 8 items
    (still available: 6)
  • Barcode : None
  • Start : Thu 19 Feb 2015 19:30:56 (BST)
  • Close : Sat 30 Sep 2017 19:33:03 (BST)
    Listing Closed
anchorite accepts payment via PayPal
International Shipping to United Kingdom for 1 item(s) edit
Canada Post Letter-post Intl = £4.00

This is the Record Information Services (RIS) catalog (catalogue) which numerically lists of all (British) PHILIPS 45 rpm singles issued from 1957 (from the start of 45 rpm releases) to December 1970, also including residual 78 rpm releases of the late 1950s. As usual, the catalogue includes full details of Artist, Titles, Month & Year of issue, and label or country of origin (usually UK or American recordings), plus informative additional notes and historical comment, as appropriate. The exact numerical runs are:

Philips JK 1000 to JK 1035 (45 rpm "Juke-Box" series, 1957)
Philips JAZ 100 to JAZ 117 (45 rpm "Jazz" series, 1960-1961)
Philips PB 766 to PB 1244 issues (78/45 rpm main series, 1957 to 1962)
Philips 326000 issues (45 rpm, plus miscellaneous issues, 1962-1963)
Philips BF 1245 to BF 1841 (45 rpm main series, 1963-1970)
Philips 6006 001 to 6006 072 (45 rpm, plus miscellaneous issues, 1970)

The PHILIPS licence with American COLUMBIA brought stars like Frankie Laine, Guy Mitchell, Doris Day, Johnnie Ray, etc. British talent relied on Shirley Bassey, Frankie Vaughan, Marty Wilde, etc. When it lost the COLUMBIA licence, PHILIPS established its own label in the USA, signing artists like The Four Seasons. Other big-selling artists of the 1960s included Dusty Springfield, Roger Miller and the Walker Brothers (Scott Walker & pals), but the label also issued records by many lesser, mainly British acts which today have become very collectable items.

A4 size (21 x 29.7 cm, approx. 8¼ x 11¾ inches), 22 professionally printed double-sided pages, with full Artist Index, supplied as loose sheets (this item was originally comb-bound, but additional processing time, weight considerations and high postage costs have made this binding un-economical; the illustrated front page is no longer supplied because obtaining A4 size paper in North America is so expensive). This catalogue is new. Please note that a catalogue of the earlier (British) Philips (1953-1958, mainly 78 rpm) releases is also available. Other catalogues (catalogs / label listings) are available and will normally be listed on eBid - see http://www.record-information-services.info/ for full details.

IMPORTANT, PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING:
A postage discount will USUALLY be given for multiple purchases - please ask for an invoice if you buy more than one item.

Unless agreed otherwise, all payments must be received within 3 days - if you have a problem regarding payment, please let me know. If you are unable to pay via PayPal, alternative arrangements may be possible - please contact the seller.

After safe receipt of your item(s), please leave appropriate Feedback, which will be responded to as quickly as possible. Items are described as honestly as possible, but if you think any item does not reasonably match the description, then please contact me as soon as possible so that an amicable solution can be reached.

My experiences as a buyer have not always been happy, typically because of poorly packed or smelly items (the latter usually cigarette smoke), or sometimes unreasonable delay coupled with a lack of communication. As my Feedback indicates, you can buy from me with confidence - everything comes from a smoke free / pet free home and is sensibly packed (so no advice is necessary from buyers), and if there is a problem, you will be kept informed.

Listing ID#137203887
Start TimeThu 19 Feb 2015 19:30:56 (BST)
Close TimeSat 30 Sep 2017 19:33:03 (BST)
Starting BidFixed Price (no bidding)
Item ConditionNew
Dispatch Time2 Days
LocationCanada
Auto ExtendNo

Returns Not Accepted

Winning Bids
Bidder Username Bid Time & Date Bid Qty
No Bids as of Yet
Won using BuyNow
Bidder Details BuyNow Date & Time Price Qty
samdevins45 [0] Mon 25 Sep 2017 15:59:27 (BST) £3.00 1
petec777 [0] Sat 30 Sep 2017 19:14:23 (BST) £3.00 1
Important :Multiple items available. See more info links above in the "Bid" or "BuyNow" forms.

Question From petec777 [0]
Sat 30 Sep 2017 11:32:40 (BST)
Hi...I want to bid on 4 of your record catalogs..do you combine postage?...I live in England Regards Petec777
Answer From anchorite [+5410]
Sat 30 Sep 2017 16:43:47 (BST)
Thanks for asking, I normally sell at fixed price, no postage discounts on eBay, the problem being the erratic UK exchange rate with the Canadian dollar and the peculiar price structure of Canada Post for shipping. Please either let me know exactly which catalogues you want or better, contact me through my website ... If you can pay by direct transfer to a UK bank, it is better for me rather than PayPal. Guy
Question From petec777 [0]
Sat 30 Sep 2017 18:27:29 (BST)
Hi Guy...thanks for getting back to me..prefer to use Paypal so will just have to take the postage hit...there are 3 that I want Fontana..Philips and Piccadilly shall I just pay one by one...what is your website? Best regards Pete
Answer From anchorite [+5410]
Sat 30 Sep 2017 19:05:48 (BST)
Hello Pete, I sent a link for my website in the last message - was it removed by ebid? Just Google "Record Information Services", it should be at the top of the list. And yes, if you want to, buy the catalogues individually and pay via PayPal, if there is any significant saving on postage shipping all 3 together, I will refund the difference on PayPal. Guy
Question From petec777 [0]
Sat 30 Sep 2017 19:10:12 (BST)
Ok thanks..yes looks like your website was removed as it wasn't in the message...will maybe contact you on there for others I want. Thanks Pete
Answer From anchorite [+5410]
Sat 30 Sep 2017 19:29:34 (BST)
Hello Pete, Thank you for buying the 3 catalogues, although I am mystified as to why 2 of them were paid in Canadian dollars and one in UK money, not your fault, there is something odd about ebid, mostly I sell through eBay. I will check combined postage and ship on Monday. Best wishes, Guy