Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Email address Paypal possible fraud

Forum Newbie
    View Vermillion's Feedback (+14)
    All-About Vermillion
    View Vermillion's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Email address Paypal possible fraud

In September I was informed by ebid that a purchaser had been blocked. I sold an item for £4.50. I was paid 0.1p to a paypal account via email, no address, from this person KaminibenShah. I ignored it, did not return it, or engage in any communication. Almost exactly a month later I received another .1p payment form a different person Tae Kim. Ignored, then yesterday a payment for £2931.36 for no sale from same person. Just email supplied. It was a pending echeque. I cancelled. it. Reported to Paypal vai help on Twitter but no response. Have now reported this to Action Fraud. I believe my email address was accessed via ebid., so now changing Paypal account. Anyone experience of this? Thanks.

Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View lofty100e's Feedback (+74)
    All-About lofty100e
    View lofty100e's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Email address Paypal possible fraud

You are not alone, unfortunately this is an ongoing problem and it seems it will continue until paypal take it seriously. https://www.ebid.net/forums/showthre...PayPal-account
    To view my listings: click here: www.loftys-stores.com

To join eBid click this link: http://uk.ebid.net/buddy/253503

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

It is not in PayPal's best financial interest to take this fraudulent activity seriously. Others are probably benefiting also.

I have seriously been considering closing my PayPal account. Perhaps if enough people do this, PayPal will take this fraudulent illegal activity seriously.

Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View lofty100e's Feedback (+74)
    All-About lofty100e
    View lofty100e's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by burgyeb View Post
    It is not in PayPal's best financial interest to take this fraudulent activity seriously. Others are probably benefiting also.

I have seriously been considering closing my PayPal account. Perhaps if enough people do this, PayPal will take this fraudulent illegal activity seriously.
    I have to agree with you there, until it is a major financial inconvenience or until the news outlets - tv, radio, newspapers feature it as a problem they are unlikely to bother themselves with it.

Closing your account will only really inconvenience one person - you, businesses do not seem to value customers at all, so they won't be too fussed about you leaving. I am wondering how many people actually bother telling places WHY they are abandoning their business, I guess not very many.

I would prefer not to deal with them, as they and many banks have lost all credibility recently. But unfortunately until a viable alternative turns up we are stuck with them, as for some unknown reason people see them as trustworthy.
    Last edited by lofty100e; 19th November 2017 at 10:59 AM.
    To view my listings: click here: www.loftys-stores.com

To join eBid click this link: http://uk.ebid.net/buddy/253503

View Posbear's Feedback (+43)
    All-About Posbear
    View Posbear's Listings
    Forum Posts

I've just had my second 1p deposit by 'friends and family' into my PP account from " Anthony Kouchack"
    Look at the suitable email address he used ... scamryn275@gmail.com

No eBid transaction, just a payment.
    I'll have to use change email address now at PP to stop it happening again.

It's pointless not using PayPal, we will lose out, not them.

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Lofty100e and Posbear I agree with you both that closing my account at PayPal would probably hurt me, and not really PayPal. The reason for this is there is strength in numbers. A few accounts closing will not impact their bottom line.

As long as PayPal users choose to view PayPal as their only viable choice for a payment provider, then problems such as these will continue, and may very well get worse.

Now Lofty100e, your idea of putting it to social media is a good idea. Only problem with that is the masses who are impacted by these issues with PayPal will be silent, and expect other(s) to initiate the process.

Personally, I would not consider doing it, for stated reason above. There are too many eBid users impacted by these fraudulent activities, to not be willing to take concrete action against PayPal. Until that changes, I suspect PayPal will simply get emboldened with this abusive situation.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

So, if someone sent me .1cent via paypal, I will be charged .30cents transaction fee. I sort this out with paypal and have the .1cent 'refunded' but I don't get my transaction fee of .30cents back - I suspect someone at paypal is scamming us.

View Posbear's Feedback (+43)
    All-About Posbear
    View Posbear's Listings
    Forum Posts

Not so, in my case it was sent as a 'gift' or what used to be 'Friends and Family', there is no PP fee involved.

View youmeus's Feedback (+203)
    All-About youmeus
    View youmeus's Listings
    Forum Posts

I too have money pending in you PP acct, no fees, only persons name. I called PP and they said it was a legitiment transaction, just wait for the payment to go through and I can transfer it to my back or refund if I feel it is not mine. I never sell anything that expensive so know it can't be right, PP assured me someone probably go a wrong email address. I am on high alert and changed password.

What is the rest of the scam?

Thread Information