eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Saving entire listing with pics in folder

Default Saving entire listing with pics in folder

Hi All

Been a member for awhile and will begin to list items again.
    Wondering if I can save a listing complete with pictures in a folder on my computer after uploading to eBid. I would use the listing number as reference in a folder called listings. I am not sure if the listing numbers can change or if they stay the same until sold or removed.

I've looked for an answer in the forums but have not found an answer.
    Thanks in advance for any help that can be provided!

John

Default Re: Saving entire listing with pics in folder

Not sure about saving the listing with the picture ... perhaps someone with more knowledge will come along and address that.

The listing number will stay the same as long as you never let the listing hit your "Listings I Ran" folder ... i.e. make sure the repost number never hits 0. Hope that helps.

You could do that by using the free Ninja Lister program to create those listings that you want to save and possibly use again in the future. To find the download link, go to your My Ebid page, then to My Bulk Upload.

Forum Saint
    View Anniemcc2's Feedback (+3934)
    All-About Anniemcc2
    View Anniemcc2's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rocks2dust View Post
    You could do that by using the free Ninja Lister program to create those listings that you want to save and possibly use again in the future. To find the download link, go to your My Ebid page, then to My Bulk Upload.
    That's what I do.

Quote Originally Posted by hurryb4itsgone View Post
    Not sure about saving the listing with the picture ... perhaps someone with more knowledge will come along and address that.

The listing number will stay the same as long as you never let the listing hit your "Listings I Ran" folder ... i.e. make sure the repost number never hits 0. Hope that helps.
    Thanks for your reply, I think I let the number hit zero before and lost the original number.

Thanks for your reply.
    Ninja will save the pictures as well in an excel file?

Forum Saint
    View Anniemcc2's Feedback (+3934)
    All-About Anniemcc2
    View Anniemcc2's Listings
    Forum Posts

You can either prepare & save your listings in Ninja complete with pictures ready for uploading.

OR export your current listings in a ?.csv file and import into Ninja to save.

HTH.

Great,I'll list the regular way then export them with Ninja. Thanks for all the help!

Each item I list is in a folder on my computer, with the pictures and a text file containing all the verbiage. It's the easiest way to set them up before I add them to my stores, and there's no reason to delete the folder after it's been listed.

I keep a spreadsheet with the full title on the listing, a sequential SKU number, and the number on the box the item is stored in so I can find it when it sells. We have over 7,000 items listed, and I've never lost track of one.

This also makes it easy if I decide to take a better picture or update a description. No need to look for it on eBid first.

My daughter also lists items, she uses the box number in the SKU, which also works, although it makes it a bit harder if she wants to look up a specific item. She'll get a page of listings and has to search for the one she wants.

Poulton-le-fylde, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View Gill's Feedback (+517)
    All-About Gill
    View Gill's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by eAtticTreasures View Post
    Thanks for your reply.
    Ninja will save the pictures as well in an excel file?
    No.

NL will keep your listings and pics if they are in constant use but pics will be deleted after 75 days if the listing is allowed to expire for this length of time. Your description etc. will be saved by NL.

I keep my pics in a file on my PC and on a stick in case of PC troubles.
    Gill (pronounced Jill) "Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful" William Morris 1834 - 1896

Thread Information