eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Please show number of watchers on my auctions.

Forum Saint
    View tonyreddevil's Feedback (+74)
    All-About tonyreddevil
    View tonyreddevil's Listings
    Forum Posts

yes i would rather have counters(preferably at top of listing) than the viewing figures{believe these many times are out-of-date and also heavily incorrect i believe}cheers tony

If I view an item, and am not interested in it, I don't watch it. If I do have an interest in buying it, then I watch it. I feel you have a better chance of selling the item to someone who is watching it, than to someone who views it, then forgets about it. Just my humble opinion.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

The problem with watchers is how many are buyers and how many are interested for other reasons?

I watch items because...

I have one myself and want to see if it sells, and how much for.
    There are six similar items listed and I don't have time to compare them properly now, so add to watch list to find them more easily later.
    It's so hideous I can't believe anybody will ever buy it and I want to see if I'm wrong.
    I have a friend who likes that sort of thing and I'm nosey about what their hobby costs.
    I like the seller's listing style and might want to go back and look for good ideas to copy.

And probably all sorts of other reasons that don't spring to mind right now. Watching is really just book-marking to make finding it easier - and one can bookmark for lots of reasons other than wanting to buy.

Quote Originally Posted by birdwatcher2008 View Post
    If I view an item, and am not interested in it, I don't watch it. If I do have an interest in buying it, then I watch it. I feel you have a better chance of selling the item to someone who is watching it, than to someone who views it, then forgets about it. Just my humble opinion.

Yep I agree with that; I also agree with alot of what bykimbo says... but I do think that having the number of watchers visible, gives you some insight into how many people have seen your listing and for whatever reason, been interested enough to bookmark it.

At the moment, with inaccurate viewing figures and no watch figures we are completely in the dark.

Vintage postcards bought and sold
    Established internet postcard trader since 2004
    and we now have an Ebid book store (mainly non fiction)

Our Stores: http://oldpostcards.ebid.net/
    http://books4sale.ebid.net/

All About Me: http://uk.ebid.net/users/OldPostcards

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

I don't much mind what counts and other facilities are included, I'll work with whatever I'm given... but whatever is there it has to work! I just wish they'd fix stuff or hide it - broken is worse than nothing by a country mile.

It would be nice to dream that there were both visitors or watchers to listings - but with the glitches in the hits area - one just never knows at the moment.

Sales or the lack thereof is certainly no help at present.

Watchers may give some sellers hope that their items were at least getting interest.

I just posted in the "glitches" section asking about the hits and if it was fixed - bit it sems that some of the replies in this thread have answered that question to a degree.

Jules
    There is now a mini-mall all of its own with several different departments from you to browse through and choose the items you would like to purchase.

http://for-everything-genealogy.ebid.net/
    Together Lets Discover Your Past

Forum Lurker
    View CornishDave's Feedback (+162)
    All-About CornishDave
    View CornishDave's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have been down this road before, and still say the viewing option should be available, and working correctly, I for one DO take notice of what is happening to my Auction through the viewing process i.e. is my title description good enough to draw people to look...... at the moment this cannot be relied on, but hopefully in the near future when the Guys have sorted everything out we would be able to see the viewing section working correctly. I also understand that there are Sellers out there who are not interested in this viewing process but it would be nice to have the option.

Forum Saint
    View tonyreddevil's Feedback (+74)
    All-About tonyreddevil
    View tonyreddevil's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have one item showing 0 its never been viewed.Somehow i firmly believe it as.Cheers tony

Forum Newbie
    View toddsgarage's Feedback (+56)
    All-About toddsgarage
    View toddsgarage's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Please show number of watchers on my auctions.

Quote Originally Posted by wildspiritginseng View Post
    Please tell me how I can tell if anyone is watching my "auction" or "wanted" posting (in addition to how many have merely visited the listing). It is useful information which will help me determine if my item is appealing enough to generate interest to the point where a prospect will bookmark it. If nobody is interested enough to watch it the way it is posted, I can then change the way it is presented. If this watching data option is not available, I would like to have it reinstated. Thank you!
    I certainly see all of the opinions on the topic, but I do not see that wildspiritginseng's question was answered back in 2009. Seems to me that having at least the choice of displaying "x watching" on my listings is just about as basic as jpegs and price tags. If indeed there is NO means of displaying this information, why in the world not, eBid? If there IS a way of displaying it, I certainly haven't found it under my general or selling defaults (or elsewhere). If someone knows where the magic "on button" is, I'd greatly appreciate help finding it.

Thread Information