Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: When to give feedback

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: When to give feedback

Quote Originally Posted by TiasTreasures View Post
    If the buyer is unreasonable, eBid does give me the option to change my feedback. I have no reason to expect bad behavior from customers.

who said anything about bad behavior i pointed out genuine problems that can happen to anyone

!I leave feedback and shipping information at the same time; right after I ship the item. When the buyer has paid and I have a confirmed address, I don't expect anything more from them."

so your reply to me changes the narrative , the question and the answer , you still would have to deal with a problem from a buyer , a buyer is not being unreasonable if they contact you over say a item not as described , and they should contact you , yet you think as many on this thread think the buyers part is done after paying ,in fact no one on this thread apart from me entertains the possibility that there can be a problem after a sale, do you understand the contract you enter into has only just begun when you ship a item, but you and others leave FB as though the contract is concluded,
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BigKidsAttic View Post
    Well, I have now Blackballed the member after receiving another 2 questions saying that I am holding them hostage in regards to feedback, as well as one of them saying "I hope it hurts your ears as its meant to" when I replied that using caps in text is considered shouting.
    If they are abusing the Q&A system (and you), report them to admin.

Quote Originally Posted by sidthelamp View Post
    I do get Sid's point about "contractual agreement" but again, the mindset of being a "stickler for the rules"

we in the uk are bound by law the "distance selling regulations", and any contractual terms you state in a listing, being a
    "stickler for the rules" is more like sticking to the rules or else you could become unstuck. hey are there for the sellers protection just as much as the buyers protection
    Yes, I read those rules a while back (can't remember why now?) so I understand that it is more important in the UK than in the US to "stick to the rules". In the US it is a bit different:

From a Federal perspective - "The FTC’s Cooling-Off Rule gives you a 3-day right to cancel a sale made at your home, workplace or dormitory, or at a seller’s temporary location, like a hotel or motel room, convention center, fairground or restaurant. It also applies when you invite a salesperson to make a presentation in your home. But not all sales are covered." https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/article...-rule-may-help

Each state can have a different set of rules, but most that I have checked pretty much follow the FTC rules. I haven't seen any that include e-commerce sales but I haven't lived in all 50 states - LOL!

who said anything about bad behavior i pointed out genuine problems that can happen to anyone

!I leave feedback and shipping information at the same time; right after I ship the item. When the buyer has paid and I have a confirmed address, I don't expect anything more from them."

so your reply to me changes the narrative , the question and the answer , you still would have to deal with a problem from a buyer , a buyer is not being unreasonable if they contact you over say a item not as described , and they should contact you , yet you think as many on this thread think the buyers part is done after paying ,in fact no one on this thread apart from me entertains the possibility that there can be a problem after a sale, do you understand the contract you enter into has only just begun when you ship a item, but you and others leave FB as though the contract is concluded,
    We state in our policies that we accept returns. Even if it's buyer's remorse (which we don't mention) we'll take it back. It has never happened. We don't sell (or resell) any new items, so it's not a huge problem for us. That was true when we sold on eBay, before we moved here, and it was never a problem there either. Perhaps we're just incredibly lucky. I'm not going to rock the boat and change our policies now.

All-About sidthelamp
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TiasTreasures View Post
    We state in our policies that we accept returns. Even if it's buyer's remorse (which we don't mention) we'll take it back. It has never happened. We don't sell (or resell) any new items, so it's not a huge problem for us. That was true when we sold on eBay, before we moved here, and it was never a problem there either. Perhaps we're just incredibly lucky. I'm not going to rock the boat and change our policies now.
    "We state in our policies that we accept returns." of course you do thats because the contract is not concluded till the buyer says so,

theres no such thing as luck, you just havent had the misfortune of lost post,damaged item, or a proper scammer YET, being prepared for such a event is only prudent.

but you were one of the ones who had money deposited into your PP account, enough of a concern for you to bring it to the forum, and rightly so, a scam waiting to happen, luckily there have been no more reports from the members who were targeted, any one who trades on line is a potential target , it does not matter what site you trade on or what you trade, or what you buy for that matter, every one has to be on the ball,

until the authorities in every country start to take on line scammers seriously, from a post card seller , to a furniture seller it costs time and money not to mention distrust and paranoia, a few examples of these scammers getting there just deserts needs to happen,

View JaBek1's Feedback (+25)
    All-About JaBek1
    View JaBek1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shesawaya38485 View Post
    Yes, I read those rules a while back (can't remember why now?) so I understand that it is more important in the UK than in the US to "stick to the rules". In the US it is a bit different:

From a Federal perspective - "The FTC’s Cooling-Off Rule gives you a 3-day right to cancel a sale made at your home, workplace or dormitory, or at a seller’s temporary location, like a hotel or motel room, convention center, fairground or restaurant. It also applies when you invite a salesperson to make a presentation in your home. But not all sales are covered." https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/article...-rule-may-help

Each state can have a different set of rules, but most that I have checked pretty much follow the FTC rules. I haven't seen any that include e-commerce sales but I haven't lived in all 50 states - LOL!
    I'm not sure that the three day cooling off period laws are applicable to online sales which are initiated by the buyer. I believe that they were designed with in-home presentations in mind. However, I could be wrong.

Of course, in the case of items being sold at auction, any cooling off period would not apply since auction law makes the placing of a bid entering into a binding contract if that bid is accepted as the winning bid.

View JaBek1's Feedback (+25)
    All-About JaBek1
    View JaBek1's Listings
    Forum Posts

​Ordinarily, I don't leave feedback until the transaction is totally completed and there is nothing left to do except leave feedback.

As a buyer, I leave feedback once I've received the item and am satisfied that it is as described. If there is an issue, I contact the seller and see what resolution we can come up with that is agreeable to us both.

As a seller, I leave feedback once I'm sure that the buyer is satisfied and there is nothing else that I need to do to fulfill the agreement.

In both cases feedback is the last thing on my mind and the last thing that I attend to after a sale.

All-About sidthelamp
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JaBek1 View Post
    ​Ordinarily, I don't leave feedback until the transaction is totally completed and there is nothing left to do except leave feedback.

As a buyer, I leave feedback once I've received the item and am satisfied that it is as described. If there is an issue, I contact the seller and see what resolution we can come up with that is agreeable to us both.

As a seller, I leave feedback once I'm sure that the buyer is satisfied and there is nothing else that I need to do to fulfill the agreement.

In both cases feedback is the last thing on my mind and the last thing that I attend to after a sale.

we are in agreement

All-About sidthelamp
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shesawaya38485 View Post

the uk is rapidly turning into a let wing fascist state the snowflakes are taking over, relentless rules and regulations in every walk of life and they keep comming

the internet is no exception

All-About sidthelamp
    Forum Posts

"We state in our policies that we accept returns." of course you do thats because the contract is not concluded till the buyer says so,

theres no such thing as luck, you just havent had the misfortune of lost post,damaged item, or a proper scammer YET, being prepared for such a event is only prudent.

but you were one of the ones who had money deposited into your PP account, enough of a concern for you to bring it to the forum, and rightly so, a scam waiting to happen, luckily there have been no more reports from the members who were targeted, any one who trades on line is a potential target , it does not matter what site you trade on or what you trade, or what you buy for that matter, every one has to be on the ball,

until the authorities in every country start to take on line scammers seriously, from a post card seller , to a furniture seller it costs time and money not to mention distrust and paranoia, a few examples of these scammers getting there just deserts needs to happen,
    correction Old has just reported a hit!

Thread Information