Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A challenge to shop sellers on ebid

Quote Originally Posted by manstomar View Post
    I challenge YE!

ive never had any clue who ye is, but he sounds a decent bloke

Anyway. Ive seen on here that many users are getting a lot of hits on their listings, myself inclued on certain items

Recently ive put two gold rings up both diamond one has a sapphire as well at the stupid price of 99p

Many sellers on here have multiple items.

I challenge ye to do this

99p no reserve price on one of your better items, i.e one that you hope would sell more more than say 10 pound.

As a auction buyer online and off, i think this approach WILL bring buyers to the site, as with fleaby many moons ago.

99p auctions = bargain hunters, = happy bargain hunters = potential customers in ebid shop.

This has always been my ebay approach and im sure many others ebay approach, lets bring that approach onto here and see what happens

manstomar saying "ahhhh my ring is going to go so cheap ill cry"

adios for now
    The only people that are bidding on your 99p ring, are sellers from the forum. So I dont see that its going to bring new members.

All you're doing is giving us forum members a chance to buy something for cheap.

Nice ring buy the way. But you haven't answered any of your questions, and that is not going to encourage bidders.

Not having a go at you, as you have had some very good ideas. But I dont thing this idea is going to work in the way you hope it will.

Barnsley, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View DaisyChain's Feedback (+76)
    All-About DaisyChain
    View DaisyChain's Listings
    Forum Posts

Im also promoting this ring through my website as well as through ebay. On the last two rings i had a couple of bidders who were not active on this forum at all. i also had bids on my auctions which were by people who dont sell here. On this site there are far far too many items which are too expensive or have too high a reserve fee.

Why did people originally go on ebay to buy? because the thought they could get bargains. On here with the exception of some sellers there is not much in way of bargains and i and others could probably buy those items cheaper on ebay, which is what is happening at the moment.

Nearly all my auctions always start at 99p, especially on ebay site and nearly all sell at better than i hope for prices and nearly all end up with returning customers when i have similar items for sale.

if my auctions are being bought by other sellers, then thats fine, at least they are selling for prices im happy with, rather than stuck for days, weeks and months on end which seems to be happening on here.

I appreciate the site is free to list, and therefore people can do that, unlike ebay where the longer it is up, the more you pay, but at the end of the day, what is the point of stock sitting on a site doing nothing, when it could easily be sold abeit perhaps not for the price you wanted, but at least a profit

In fact ive said elsewhere that a percetange of buyers on auction sites are people looking to resell, i do this myself as well.

As for customers, again prices are just high on most items on here, i appreciate people do not want to let an item go for next to nowt, but risks have to be taken sometimes.

Ive promoted this site to my hearts content, as have we all, but whilst it may raise extra views, thats pointless if the items are too high to pay anyway. Were actively promoting that the site is free to list blah blah, a a customer im think if thats true then why the high prices on items some sellers have?
    Click here to see my items for Sale!
    Amiga, Mega Drive, Playstation Games and More!

Hey! what a great idea maybe i'll get a buyer at last if i try 99p listings as long as they don't expect everything to be 99p!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cazza1225 View Post
    Hey! what a great idea maybe i'll get a buyer at last if i try 99p listings as long as they don't expect everything to be 99p!!!!!!!!!!
    Hi, i'm not really sure what you mean, are you saying that if you put an auction up at 99p & no reserve that you won't sell for that price if you only get 1 bid? sorry if i've misunderstood you but that's how it reads.

My auctions, good prices, fair p&p.

Laughing is good exercise, it's like jogging on the inside.

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional.

View BLOXBOOKS's Feedback (+5010)
    All-About BLOXBOOKS
    View BLOXBOOKS's Listings
    Forum Posts

manstomar you make a good point, I have seen a few listings that I thought were strange, £50 to £75 more expensive for identical items on the other side (I am talking about items that sell for £4 to £10), listed as very rare.
    I have spent time checking my prices with the other and make sure I list cheaper here, and reduce everything I move from over there to here.
    When I have a big enough inventory and variety start to give items free with offers like buy 3 pay for 2, about 18% of customers on the other side buy more than one item in the same purchase. I am sure as more sellers list more items compertition may improve some prices.
    I think there are a few very experienced sellers who have set up shops here, maybe if anyone who has some helpful hints and advice a dedicated area would be great to pool this knowledge....or even a few threads, Branding would be a great start, how best to maintain that unique look and feel throughout all the listings of a seller, what fonts not to use, what makes the best impact.... I have seen some good advice on this forum and am sure that a complation of tips and advice, and even a few example of how a well created listing page looks would be a great help to many (if like me the aesthetics of a good looking listing can be lost in the mass of multi coloured fonts).
    Yes some times risks do need to be taken, I am with you all the way manstomar, although I am not upto speed yet, I have a good feeling, and like an empty garden, it can be hard and frustrating in the eary days of digging it over, but that first crunchy radish fresh from the ground is great ( I wish I had a garden , I better go, the grim reality of having just a little backyard I suddenly find overwhelming)

Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View maroy41's Feedback (+1089)
    All-About maroy41
    View maroy41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cazza1225 View Post
    Wonder where I'm going wrong then, nearly all my auctions are from 75p, the majority 99p, a minority more but sales are still slooooooooooow.
    Great books reasonable prices please click on the logo below and browse around I have quite a selection for you to choose from.

Some great Dvd's --->
    Here

All-About DaisyChain
    Forum Posts

Just like to do a little update on this.

All my Gold items sold for a profit, a small profit maybe, but a profit netherless. The only exception was one of the rings and i broke even on it.

So in retrospect to that, we will be listing our future auctions at these prices with no reserve

Hi Manstomar

I do think this is a good idea but I am reluctant to do this until the look and functionality of this site improves. Have we heard any more information about this yet?

I am very keen and happy to work hard to push an alternative to Fleabay but I am on dial up, and I have had to give up using this site as the pages take several minutes each to load. I know most people are on broadband, but there must be some people like me, and they are not going to stick around on a site that doesn't work quickly are they?

I will be right there beside your rings with my 99p item, as soon as they improve this site. I have just popped on here today to try to find out the answer to two questions:-

1) If I downgrade to silver, will I lose my shop listings.
    2) How do I register a non-paying bidder.

I have been here 15 minutes and still do not know the answers.

Sorry to be moany - I am very keen for things to change but the lack of good information from the owners really does not inspire me on this site. Just an email once in a while to everyone, outlining any progress would be welcome, or a post on the forums, but there never seems to be anything.

Good luck with your ring anyway. I am glad you have found a way that works for you.

Debbie

Yes I think you do lose your shop and i assume the listings will just be on auction.
    If you leave negative feedback then email support@ebid.tv to claim your fees back
    there is also a place to report a NPB on the AAL details .
    hope that helps.

All-About DaisyChain
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by just4gfgem View Post
    Hi Manstomar

I do think this is a good idea but I am reluctant to do this until the look and functionality of this site improves. Have we heard any more information about this yet?

I am very keen and happy to work hard to push an alternative to Fleabay but I am on dial up, and I have had to give up using this site as the pages take several minutes each to load. I know most people are on broadband, but there must be some people like me, and they are not going to stick around on a site that doesn't work quickly are they?

I will be right there beside your rings with my 99p item, as soon as they improve this site. I have just popped on here today to try to find out the answer to two questions:-

1) If I downgrade to silver, will I lose my shop listings.
    2) How do I register a non-paying bidder.

I have been here 15 minutes and still do not know the answers.

Sorry to be moany - I am very keen for things to change but the lack of good information from the owners really does not inspire me on this site. Just an email once in a while to everyone, outlining any progress would be welcome, or a post on the forums, but there never seems to be anything.

Good luck with your ring anyway. I am glad you have found a way that works for you.

Debbie

Despite my recent sales, i 100% agree with you. I have tons upon tons of stuff i want to list, mainly collectables, which is what were all about. Alas whilst the gold has done well, i woundlt expect the colelctables to do as well TBH., and the collectables i have have up at 99p have been disappointing.........

I now have my own site up and to be honest i cant see this site being a market for my items in the near future, i hope im wrong and a massive change is made to ebid, but until that happens, we will still be listing 99p items, but no where near the quality we would love to list

Thread Information