eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: newbie from ebay would love some help!

Talking newbie from ebay would love some help!

Hi, I'm an ebay defector and sell books. I was on ebay for years but will not pay the new price hike charges. My shop has gone up from £6 to £14.99! I worked out i'll be paying £64.99 before i ever sell anything per month. Anyway... I have only put one item on ebid today as i am short of time, however do i need a subscription to get an ebid shop? or do i need to pay at all? I don't really want to pay a large sum yet as i'm new and don't know whether it'll suit me or not - though i really, really hope it does. & how do I download a 'mass selling lister thingy' sorry having a loose-brain-cell moment and can't remember what it is called! Glad to be here anyway, listing was easy, and the editor for my description was great to use with loads of options.

Forum Newbie
    All-About Peteryola
    View Peteryola's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hello you, I think we've been in touch haven't we? :-)

As far as I can tell, if you've signed up for the lifetime thing then you'll find your basic listings are completely free and you'll only be paying for the extra features if you use them.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Have a read of this help page that describes what you get for each sort of membership http://uk.ebid.net/help_register.php and maybe take a look at your subscription page in "my ebid" too. Plus can I mention, from my very short and unofficial FAQ...
    Why do people use nicknames instead of saying "e b a y"

This isn't just a joke - although some funny versions certainly do get used! - it's all about preventing ebay google ad's being displayed on eBid's site, and preventing the references from being counted as "popularity" ratings for e B a y. It's a matter of personal preference, but you will probably irritate some regulars if you don't avoid using the real name. I sell in both places, so feel less strongly than some, but do follow the convention for the sake of politeness... your choice! )

Welcome here, morebookbargains.

I will suggest you to register for lifetime membership if you sell a lot of books.

as long as your item pricing is competitive, you will like it here....

Welcome to "this" side, far more friendlier & good luck with your book sales.
    Dawn x

for a once only £49.99 (seller+ lifetime) you will get FIVE... yes I did say 5 store FREE and only if you use extras like gallery (a must IMO) will there be any other fees.... there are NO relisting fees either.

Forum Lurker
    View bobyjo's Feedback (+1)
    All-About bobyjo
    View bobyjo's Listings
    Forum Posts

hi i needed help and got it but im so thick i keep messing up but im stubborn..

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bobyjo View Post
    hi i needed help and got it but im so thick i keep messing up but im stubborn..
    Take out the : before the http then your link will work

~Jan~

Talking HiMoreBookBargains

Well, I've just left e B a y myself and closed my shop 2 days ago
    Had the shop for a year and have been trading on an off for 5 yrs with 300 feedback.
    Will hopefully join eBid tomorrow as a lifetime seller. Nothing to lose, I reckon, and that other lot have become far too greedy and are kicking all the small to medium sellers up the a**** after these sellers made e B a y what it is today.
    Hopefully a lot of these small to medium private and business sellers will migrate to eBid; I like what I see and I think it's well worth taking a gamble on.
    Looking forward to becoming part of this community,
    Luna

Hey, I give you guys a laugh: at the top right hand side of my page for this forum it says:
    Welcome, LunabuAllsorts
    You last visited: 1st January 1970 at 01:00 AM
    I don't think so. They didn't have any PCs then.

welcome Luna, I hope you do well

I have a new banner showing, go on click the pic take a look, you know you want to.
    And I've finally listed more things!!!

New Stores
    Click to see Akitas Books and all Things Readable

Akita's for Allsorts
    open for business

I have the same ID on the other site, please feel free to check out my feedback there.

UK Auction Help - Fair Trader Scheme

Click here to join or upgrade

Thread Information