Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Over half a million auctions at last!!!!

Forum Saint
    View Anniemcc2's Feedback (+3934)
    All-About Anniemcc2
    View Anniemcc2's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Over half a million auctions at last!!!!

Don't think I'll be putting the washing outside today - it's tipping down At least the garden's getting a good watering!

Mornin' troops. Tipping down here too and my garden is loving it ! Neighbours cats are still behaving, thought they wouldn't want to go out this morning but they braved it and made a dash for a sheltered place.

I shall be glad when the oldest cadet makes a visit at the end of the month as this computer keeps going on a go slow. It's taking ages to shut down and restart even though I've given it a clean up several times and I had a bit of a panic this morning when I shut down and then couldn't get the internet connection back. Beginning to think I might have a virus so need the cadet to have a good look at everything.

Got our new next door neighbours coming round for a drink next Monday. It's funny they must be about the same age as us, in their 20's, when we first moved in and we are now the same age as our old next door neighbours used to be, so it's a bit of a role reversal !

Right had better start thinking about YDC listings as I'm off to the Cornish outpost next week and will have to think about what to pack !

View maplegin's Feedback (+1174)
    All-About maplegin
    View maplegin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Glad Sgt you liked Shaftesbury , you must have found the nice Charity shops, on Every Tuesday there is a fair in the town next to the Church, yes you are right its some nice views, the other good thing about there is they have still got there banks.

Sgt have done all the relists again. am afraid Somer managed to loose 2 while we were at MIL's had to take her dog for an operation, but we there from 8.30am till 5 Somer managed to discover a Wasps nest in the lawn so rang the pest people, & they rang somer to say they will go in this afternoon.

Well we keep getting showers am sure likeSgts garden its liking it, didn't bother to put washing out though.

Laurencekirk, Aberdeenshire, United Kingdom
    View Maelbrigda's Feedback (+2605)
    All-About Maelbrigda
    View Maelbrigda's Listings
    Forum Posts

we have a wasps nest in the fan outlet of our kitchen. Phoned pest people and they said 6-8 weeks before they can come Just as well its nice weather for leaving door open instead
    Simply Handmade all my handmade items
    Maelbrigda's Bits and Pieces For Clothing and Jewellery, Ornaments, Odds & Ends & Much More
    Craft Store Crafty bits & pieces. Patterns, Card, Yarn, Stamps and more
    Books, Blu Rays, DVD's, CD's and Vinyl Records
    https://www.ebid.net/uk/stores/The-Pagan-Tree

Please have a look. I combine postage wherever possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Maelbrigda View Post
    we have a wasps nest in the fan outlet of our kitchen. Phoned pest people and they said 6-8 weeks before they can come Just as well its nice weather for leaving door open instead

We had one in our vent and it was easily solved: you can buy a can of stuff you spray in that suffocates them.

However, our local hardware shop had run out of this when we had one in the cavity wall and he recommended ant powder. Apparently this is what the councils use and charge a fortune for. This needs to be the stuff you puff. Just puff it into the entrance. We did it once and wasps weren't seen again.

Forum Saint
    All-About Anniemcc2
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by redkiteshoard View Post
    Kettle is on!
    Thank you! Think we're all running a bit late this morning - or been browsing t'internet

Got all the Old Sailor's WW2 photos and memorabilia sorted, labelled and scanned - now to make an album to see which ones my sons want to have before I take to War Years Remembered.
    I'd forgotten that Dad had a certificate for crossing into the Arctic Circle in April 1945 on HMS Puncher - I'm keeping that for the time being.

Time for another mug of tea.

Name:  Red_Lion.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  11.7 KB
    Last edited by Anniemcc2; 11th August 2018 at 10:15 AM.

Ello troops, cats are fed and just been gossiping with some neighbours in our street for the last half an hour !

I have to laugh Lieutenant Maplegin we actually commented on how many banks there were left in Shaftsbury as we walked around, think we counted about four !

Right my halo is shining as I managed to get a few YDC things on yesterday.
    The bad news is that my faithful old camera is on it's last legs. It will still take photos, sort of, but I can't transfer them onto the PC any more as the connection socket has gone wonky - it's been playing up for a while. I've now ordered a new lead for a camera that I bought O/H years ago which he's never really used so I've managed to get it charged up and now have to figure out how it works. It doesn't seem to have an instruction booklet which is a pain so I've had to download it on line, why don't they provide booklets any more ? I hate having to stare at a screen for hours trying to figure things out !

Forum Saint
    All-About Anniemcc2
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cornishmaid1961 View Post
    It doesn't seem to have an instruction booklet which is a pain so I've had to download it on line, why don't they provide booklets any more ?
    Cost cutting, I assume. I had to download the user manual for my new phone - 176 pages worth!

View maplegin's Feedback (+1174)
    All-About maplegin
    View maplegin's Listings
    Forum Posts

It seems they are not giving instruction details for anything but what happens if you don'T have a computer & printer.

Pennie we contacted the council about MIL's wasps nest they told us 4 days but infact rang us & did it 24hours later & we paid for it by phone, & had to check it this morning & there wa just one flying around nr it but on the fallen apples there were loads of them so they have plenty to eat will try & clear them up tomorrow Hope you don't have to wait that long Pennie It cost £53 for them to do it.

Well have managed to do the relists.

Thread Information