eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Any consistent methods of buyer protection?

View JaBek1's Feedback (+25)
    All-About JaBek1
    View JaBek1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Any consistent methods of buyer protection?

Quote Originally Posted by sidthelamp View Post
    no wrong again you can use a escrow payment methods such as skrill and or ebids payment system

Sorry, Sid! I must have misunderstood this. I thought maybe I missed an announcement or something. I didn't even know that there was some connection to Snapagogo until recently.

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JaBek1 View Post

Sorry, Sid! I must have misunderstood this. I thought maybe I missed an announcement or something. I didn't even know that there was some connection to Snapagogo until recently.
    is there a reason you ask me a question via one of my posts and reply by another, the reply having nothing to do with the question i asked you.

heres the question again

"were did i say ebid offers a escrow payment method? a part from there own payment system"

i responded to your question by a quoting your question lets see if you can do that.
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

All-About JaBek1
    View JaBek1's Listings
    Forum Posts

is there a reason you ask me a question via one of my posts and reply by another, the reply having nothing to do with the question i asked you.

heres the question again

"were did i say ebid offers a escrow payment method? a part from there own payment system"

i responded to your question by a quoting your question lets see if you can do that.

I used that post because it was the one that gave me the impression that you were saying Skrill and eBid's payment system were somehow escrow payment methods. I thought it saved space rather than quoting your other response. My apology. You have to remember the disadvantage I'm operating under here, speaking American rather your English language.

I'm not very familiar with Skrill and, quite frankly, not with eBid's payment system either. What precisely is eBid's payment system?

With regard to escrow banks and services, as I mentioned, they are usually quite heavily regulated over here. That's probably why PayPal isn't licensed as an escrow service in most states. They probably don't want to get involved in all those banking regulations so choose to remain simply licensed as a money transfer agency in most states. Of course, I'm not familiar with your banking system, so things are probably quite different in the UK.

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JaBek1 View Post

I used that post because it was the one that gave me the impression that you were saying Skrill and eBid's payment system were somehow escrow payment methods. I thought it saved space rather than quoting your other response. My apology. You have to remember the disadvantage I'm operating under here, speaking American rather your English language.

I'm not very familiar with Skrill and, quite frankly, not with eBid's payment system either. What precisely is eBid's payment system?

With regard to escrow banks and services, as I mentioned, they are usually quite heavily regulated over here. That's probably why PayPal isn't licensed as an escrow service in most states. They probably don't want to get involved in all those banking regulations so choose to remain simply licensed as a money transfer agency in most states. Of course, I'm not familiar with your banking system, so things are probably quite different in the UK.

your quite capable of looking up via the help pages what exactly ebids payment system is, they describe it as a escrow system

ebid only offer there own escrow payment system, skrill or any other is not offered by ebid , but you can use it if you wish , skrill is a escrow payment provider
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

All-About JaBek1
    View JaBek1's Listings
    Forum Posts

your quite capable of looking up via the help pages what exactly ebids payment system is, they describe it as a escrow system

ebid only offer there own escrow payment system, skrill or any other is not offered by ebid , but you can use it if you wish , skrill is a escrow payment provider
    So you're talking about PPPay.com. When I joined eBid that particular payment method was not available to us here in the US so I never bothered to check on it later to see if they decided to allow us to use it later on.

Of course, I noticed that they tout it as being an escrow service in the US. Since most states here require licensing and regulation at the state level in addition to the federal level, I'll have to check into it further. It sounds like it could be something useful. Naturally it would be better if PPPay.com and eBid.net were household names on this side of the Atlantic.

Here in Florida, USA PayPal is licensed as a money transfer agent so they cannot offer escrow services which makes their 21 day holds a bit of an issue. Money transfer agents are bound by statutes that regulate how they operate requiring them to turn over the funds being transferred to the intended recipient within a specified period of time. I believe it was 10 days, but I'm not sure of the exact amount of time. I've heard of cases where people that they've tried to place a hold on their funds have threatened to go to the DBPR and complain and PayPal released their funds rather than risk their license in the state. Of course, I've never actually heard of the state being called in.

I'm not sure how well a UK based escrow service would go over here. There have been scammers that use a fake escrow con which has been fairly well publicized so people might be leery. Auction businesses are required place the proceeds from an auction in an escrow account within one day after the end of the sale awaiting full settlement with the client, but we always used our regular bank for such things.

Oh well! Time for me to hit the sack.

Thread Information