eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 9 of 85 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959 ... LastLast

Thread: Project Second-Life - Promote eBid for peanuts!

Forum Lurker
    View lottie2005's Feedback (+177)
    All-About lottie2005
    View lottie2005's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi guys,
    Lovetosell the club is great.You can tell alot of effort has gone into it.
    I am going back into SL this afternoon to mooch and earn some more money,hopefully!!!!.
    Also im going to checkout the land auctions you know where.
    Im just abit worried that if we rent the owner may curb or limit the Ebid promotion.Can they do this? but with buying theres expenses too.
    I will try not to end up with anymore dodgy tags !!!!.LOL i am too polite to people.I must remember not to join every group im offered.LOL.!!!!!
    Speak later,
    Kind regards,
    Michaela.
    aka SL Lottie 2005 Anthony
    Attached Images Attached Images  

View rupert691's Feedback (+2286)
    All-About rupert691
    View rupert691's Listings
    Forum Posts

Phew! Ultra-relieved today. I half-expected to see some embarrassing photos on here from last night. Thanks for sparing me

I totally agree with Lottie, that the more eBidders on SL, the better. So if anyone would like to join us, you would be more than welcome! (Where else could you hold a 'meeting' in a giant kitchen drawer, with a giant cat outside?) If anyone has any questions about the Project, just let us know, and one of us will be sure to help out. Incidentally, my sales are still increasing on eBid, considerably more than usual, and I feel sure this cannot be coincidence, but may be down to linking my SL Avatar to my eBid Listings.

I've had a couple more thoughts about the Project, briefly mentioned last night, but in the unlikely event that we can't find the right piece of land and/or rental, there's nothing to stop us getting a 512M plot of land (no monthly upkeep fees on this size), and just build upwards! We could have an eBid Skyscraper, with a nice big eBid flag on the top.

As for 'virtual' product to put in the 'virtual shops', as well as virtual versions of our own eBid items (where practical of course), there are lots of areas on SL that have 'Resell' items. (In fact, the shop we were in last night, seemed to be one, as I've seen many of those items elsewhere). You buy a popular item, pack of clothes, vehicles etc., and then have full permission to sell them on, as many times as you can. I've seen lots of shops selling the same items on, all over SL, and I feel that as there are more Residents everyday, there are always new buyers. (Remember how 'Liss', when I asked her, said that she had just wandered in). So more L$ to get land, and promote eBid!

I wonder if we are allowed to eBid any of the items we design on SL? I see some are doing it on FeePay (Second-Life Avatars etc.), and I've had a quick look at eBid's Banned Items, which doesn't allow for 'emailed information', so it would appear to be OK, since it isn't information, or emailed. What I had in mind, was perhaps selling 'virtual' SL clothes (although obviously there would be a limited market at the moment, it's all publicity for eBid and the Project). Payment would be through eBid (Google, or the usual payment methods), and items sent via SL to the Avatar of the Buyer, so can be delivered more or less instantly. What do you think?

Lottie: Re. Rentals and the possible curbing eBid Promotion. As I understand it, once you rent a property, as long as you follow certain rules, you can more or less do what you like. You can use logos, have notecard dispensers (with your eBid Links on) and all sorts. The 'rules' I mentioned are usually things like, limited items (Prims) in store, no Shouting Vendors (they cause lag), and you may need to join the renter's group, and use their tag when you set up shop. (Another Tag Lottie )

One way around the limits on Prims (the basic building blocks in SL), is to have a scrolling vendor. This is essentially a little kiosk, with a window which shows one of your items, and a 'left' and 'right' button, which moves the next picture along. Doing this allows for many items to be on sale in your shop, but doesn't use as many prims, as displaying all items separately.

I'm going to try and enter the next Competition at Swirl (if I get time), as the prize money is very good for 1st, 2nd and 3rd places. I won L$1000 last week on their photo contest, which can go towards some land, so it's worth entering this competition too.

Sorry, I'm waffling. (I'll check out that new Group you had the Tag for Lottie - I don't know what their Group Charter is, and I'm naturally curious!)

Thanks again, Simon.
    Promote your eBid Sales with us on 'Second-Life'. If you'd like to join the SL eBid Group, please PM me for an Invite to help Promote your eBid Store/Listings!

'Rupert's Books' for Unusual used books!

[quote=rupert691;583354]Phew! Ultra-relieved today. I half-expected to see some embarrassing photos on here from last night. Thanks for sparing me

You mean like this?

Forum Lurker
    All-About lottie2005
    Forum Posts

Brilliant lovetosell !!!!!!!!!!!!!.
    I saw the whole incident.
    Naughty boy Simon !!!!!.
    LOL.
    Kind regards,
    Michaela.

Wink Last Night

Didn't we have a blast last night Lottie? Thank you for a great time!

I have never been squished and stretched like that before!! LOL! That will teach me to fiddle with everything!!

I hope you are feeling more like yourself today!

All you others will have to join us the fun is endless and promotional too!

Wendy (aka Zarin)

All-About rupert691
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lovetosell View Post
    Didn't we have a blast last night Lottie? Thank you for a great time!

I have never been squished and stretched like that before!! LOL! That will teach me to fiddle with everything!!

I hope you are feeling more like yourself today!

All you others will have to join us the fun is endless and promotional too!

Wendy (aka Zarin)
    What happened? What happened?

Glad you all had a good time, (but what did I miss?) (Oh, and that's the last time I let you take photos of 'me'! ).

As an alternative for looking for land on 'you know where', is to use the SL 'Search' Box, at the bottom of the SL Prog., and use the 'Land' Land/Sales Tab.

Another quick way of earning L$500 (towards land maybe ), is that Linden Labs will pay that for teaching a class in SL on any 'in world' subject! This is something I'm going to have to investigate. Zarin mentioned 'events' and 'attractions' for the Mall (if/when it gets going LOL!), - there's nothing to stop us having a large room in it, with seats etc., and teaching SL from there! (Wouldn't we then also receive L$ for 'dwell' (ie. having lots of people on our land)? I've come across several amphitheatres in SL for teaching, including a particularly impressive one close to 'Morris', which looks like a natural rock formation.
    (Edit: Apparently, since December 9th, Linden no longer pay for taking a class, but many who take classes, are still earning, by asking for 'voluntary donations'.)

The more I think I know about SL, the more complex it becomes! LOL!

See you 'in world' soon,

Simon.
    Last edited by rupert691; 31st December 2007 at 08:07 PM.
    Promote your eBid Sales with us on 'Second-Life'. If you'd like to join the SL eBid Group, please PM me for an Invite to help Promote your eBid Store/Listings!

View ropegg's Feedback (+424)
    All-About ropegg
    View ropegg's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi Simon,
    It sound ** and looks ** like you all have been having too much fun.

Have you checked out Money Tree Island? I think it is a place where you can make several L$. I don't like it because of the questionnaires you have to fill out to do it.

I haven't been on SL very much but will catch up will you all sometime.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL,
    Peggy
    My stores:
    Ropegg
    Cups-Cups-Cups
    And Other Stuff
    Peggy A's Jewels

God Bless and have a great day!!!!

Forum Lurker
    All-About lottie2005
    Forum Posts

Smile

Hi All,
    Wendy,what a hoot we had.Brilliant!!!.I hope you feel less stretched and squashed, it was sooooo funny.Thankyou for such fun.
    After turning into an extra from the texas chain saw massacre and the hills have eyes,after the rabbit incident,I panicked and started to apply a free avator i had picked up somewhere.SO SO SO not good !!!!.I have a really orange fake tan and really swollen ankles and huge feet!!!,plus more,i cant discuss here !!!!.I am in hiding behind a tree and will go back on and sort it out asap as i cant be seen like this.LOL
    Simon,you missed a great night.
    Ropegg, we must all meet up soon,although fun we do get alot discussed.
    A very happy new year to all you SL ebidders and see you all soon.
    Come on folks join us,its fun and Ebid promotional.
    Kind regards,
    Michaela SL Lottie2005 Anthony

All-About rupert691
    Forum Posts

Hi Peggy,

Hmmmm. Yes, I must admit that it does indeed look that way, doesn't it? Zarin and Lottie are such bad influences, you know! LOL!

Yes, I visted MoneyTree Island a few times. Sat at the benches there, but couldn't get the Surveys to work. I've heard that some surveys are a con (just wanting personal information), but not sure if the ones on MTI are.

I'm 'in world' at this moment, LOL! Camping at the Aqua Beach and earning a few L$ LOL!

I hope you had as good a Christmas as possible, and wish you all the best for the New Year!

Hope to catch up with you too, before too long.

Best wishes, Simon.

Thread Information