eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 85 of 85 FirstFirst ... 357576777879808182838485

Thread: Project Second-Life - Promote eBid for peanuts!

Default Re: Project Second-Life - Promote eBid for peanuts!

Hello!

Happy New Year!

This is not exactly a glitch more a case of not wanting to upgrade the viewer, but it is funny so I'll include it here. This happens when someone is wearing something made from "mesh" (a new type of building content) and you are not using the new viewer. Correct view on the left. Most people hate the new viewer so this is the way mesh supporters get seen most of the time LOL. We call it "Mesh Mush"
    Attached Images Attached Images  

View rupert691's Feedback (+2286)
    All-About rupert691
    View rupert691's Listings
    Forum Posts

An announcement to those that have been following the Second-Life eBid Project since 2007.

As you all know, we have suffered many set-backs over the years with the Project, but each time bounced back, due to the dedication of key members/Business Partners. We simply could not see all that we have achieved during this time, simply vanish without trace. Many of us have put years of work into this eBid Promotion, and a considerable financial expense, but our reward was the encouragement we received within Second-Life.

One of the original Group Members pulled-out unexpectedly, not realising that she would cause a great deal of problems, but this was overcome. Linden Labs (the force behind Second-Life) in their wisdom, convinced us to swap our land in Narugo for some in Zindra (their new big commercial area). It wasn't until we had actually done it that we realised that it just wasn't a suitable area to host the eBid Project, and we were very upset to have to move the Mall then onto the two very small plots that weren't actually eBid land, but were owned by a Project Member/Business Partner who told us to use the land for the benefit of eBid. We did in fact contact them, in January 2010 and several times onwards from that point, requesting that the land be transferred over to us for maintenance. This went ignored.

Now comes the biggest blow we've ever faced, and what makes matters worse is that it was completely avoidable. The Mall and everything in it, has just been deleted by Linden Labs! In essence, it no longer exists, and the expensive items we've put in there in order to promote eBid, some unique and cost a lot of money, are gone for good! It seems that the Project Member (who naturally we have no intention of naming) has seen fit to pull the plug on our use of the land, without contact or warning. If we had have been consulted, we would dearly have loved to have bought the land, and taken over the rental/tiers properly. As it is, this was taken out of our hands. This is the second time a Business Partner has let us down in this way.

When another plot of land close by to the Mall that was also owned by the same Business Partner, appeared to have been mysteriously claimed by Linden Labs some months ago, various Group Members attempted to contact our land donor to make sure that all was well. Sadly, each attempt was met with silence. Our need to make contact, was driven by the fact that we needed to know if the 'Mall' area of land was going to be claimed next, as we had invested a considerable amount of real money in items we had bought, and placed there, which in the event of the land being reclaimed would all be lost. As each attempt to make contact went unanswered, a fellow eBidder who visited the Mall offered to pass a message on, though this went ignored too. All we requested was an answer to our question of 'was the Mall land going to be reclaimed, as we needed to remove expensive items if so.' Again this went ignored, though somewhat strangely, the eBidder we needed to contact had managed to 'browse the forums' almost every night.

We had no problem at all with the person pulling out, - we were very grateful for their support for so long, but now we're in the position where it is irretrievable, simply because all our messages and attempts to contact our Business Partner went ignored. One simple reply to any one of our Group Members messages, of which there were many, would have saved much heartache.

Finally, I'd like to thank all those that have supported the Project in the past, both by renting adverts, and giving us so much encouragement. I'd like to thank Gazza and Mark for their kind words about all that we have achieved. Thanks to Nosty, - you really are an amazing chap and help make Second-Life so special! Massive thanks go to Peggy too. You are always there for the rest of us when we felt everything was against us. Unlimited thanks go to Wendy too. I cannot thank you enough for your advice and support over the years. My gratitude also goes to that mysterious Avatar 'Hiya Honi'. The eBid Group would have been much poorer for you not being there! Thanks too for all the support we've received in Second-Life, from those who were saddened to learn of this latest set-back.

Keep your eyes on this thread for more positive updates, as this is NOT the end!

Thanks again, Simon.
    Promote your eBid Sales with us on 'Second-Life'. If you'd like to join the SL eBid Group, please PM me for an Invite to help Promote your eBid Store/Listings!

'Rupert's Books' for Unusual used books!

What Simon has said is absolutely right! How upset we all are. With one short message all of this could have been avoided. The land at Narugo was the heart and soul of the original Project, and it is with heavy heart that we now seek land in another area. We will keep you posted when the new Mall is built. We will be back.

I reiterate that our main point is that we were not informed this would happen, all we needed was to be given the chance to maintain the land and it could have been avoided.

The lovely little Church that Peggy built now stands alone in a great expanse of land, very sad

Note to the Project Member concerned:
    I hope you remembered to withdraw your Linden Dollars before closing your account, which would amount to over £100

Thread Information