eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 7 of 85 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161757 ... LastLast

Thread: Project Second-Life - Promote eBid for peanuts!

Then we went for a photoshoot!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Wish you could all have been there to enjoy the fun!!

Forum Lurker
    View lottie2005's Feedback (+177)
    All-About lottie2005
    View lottie2005's Listings
    Forum Posts

Smile

Hi Simon,
    I have had a thought about SL and Ebid.My apologies if its already been mentioned.In the new year if anybody wanted to we could try for example to go to one of the beaches and have an Ebid SL fund raising group keep fit session on some running machines and earn some money for the Ebid fund.I have seen a few groups doing this together.Which in its self would be E bid promotion.
    Kind regards,
    Michaela.

Hi Michaela, we had thought along the same lines last night. We thought that if everyone worked and made some money we could club together and buy some land for the group.

Wendy

Simon is probably still in bed, we didn't leave SL till 3.30 this morning!!!

View rupert691's Feedback (+2286)
    All-About rupert691
    View rupert691's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kengillam View Post
    You didn't try and gatecrash a Google party did you
    LOL! No, much worse than that Ken! I was talking about eBid to Peggy in a bar, and was told (by a manager of the bar), I was lucky I hadn't been banned! (I don't care. I intend to return to the bar, wearing a large Zebra Avatar at some point!!! That'll put the cat amongst the pigeons!)

I've got a little info about the 'Mall' I mentioned earlier, which I'll post up soon. (Some of it doesn't make much sense to me LOL!) There are probably better areas and other deals out there, so I'm keeping my options open at the moment. Still, let me know what you make of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Barrattess View Post
    Er...Tess Wezzog here ...LOL...
    Hi Tess! Great to have you aboard! I've sent you a Group Invite, and will add your Links to the Notecard (this will be V3 folks, so anyone with an earlier V number, can delete it, because I'll be sending out V3 later today, along with the usual eBid T-Shirt and a 'new' eBid freebie (Just don't use this new item in the bar! LOL!).

Quote Originally Posted by lottie2005 View Post
    Hi,
    I have been going into SL over the past few days.It is ok until i go to do something ie teleport or claim free money etc and then it crashes.I have tried the above mentioned fixes but my computer doesnt like me to do anything but wander round.I will try again tomorrow.I have a sore throat with cursing my computer !!!
    Kind regards,
    Michaela aka SL Lottie 2005 Anthony
    Hi Michaela, Thanks for the update. Sorry to hear you're still having problems. To be absolutely honest, that sounds exactly like glitches that have been occuring for the last week or so in certain areas of SL. Certain areas don't seem to want you to leave, once you're there for some reason. I've been 'trapped' a few times this week, (Peggy too!)

Michaela, I've added you to the Group, and will also add your links to Notecard V3.

Thanks for persevering! You'll get there in the end, I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovetosell View Post
    I had a side splitting night out with Simon in SL last night. We took some photo's to share with everyone.

We were experimenting with our avatars

Thats me as the zebra and Simon is the frog prince!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovetosell View Post
    Wish you could all have been there to enjoy the fun!!
    You can say THAT again! LOL! (Fancy 'Frenchen' saying I looked like Eric Clapton! That was funny! ROFLMOO!)

Yes, it would be nice if enough of us could get together at the same time, to meet up at the Photobooth (In Kuula), and have Group Photo. (Who knows, it could even make a nice Christmas Card! (Bit late, but may be good for New Year! Or even a Charity auction item! - Now I'm just getting silly)

Hi Simon,
    I have had a thought about SL and Ebid.My apologies if its already been mentioned.In the new year if anybody wanted to we could try for example to go to one of the beaches and have an Ebid SL fund raising group keep fit session on some running machines and earn some money for the Ebid fund.I have seen a few groups doing this together.Which in its self would be E bid promotion.
    Kind regards,
    Michaela.
    That's a great idea Michaela! Have you somewhere in mind? Let me know, and we can get something going to earn L$, and (as you say) promote eBid as well! Excellent!

We were saying last night, that it would be a possibility that we could 'club together' as the eBid SL Group, and put L$ in to possibly buy Land and a Mall. (I still have a lot to learn about this sort of thing, I believe there's a monthly payment for the size of the building (in 'Prims', which are the 'Primative' building shapes that make up the building). The more prims, the greater the cost. Not sure really how this works. I'll have to find out more, or if anyone else finds out anything..... please let me know). Anyway, Michaela, it would be great! Keep us updated via this thread if you'd like to sort a place and date out, and we'll try and get as many on at the same time.

(Below) Last night at the Photobooth. Myself in the John Travolta trousers, and Lovetosell. (That was a great night, wasn't it! LOL!) (Clicking on the other 'balls' enables others to join the photo-setting, so this would be great for a Group photoshoot! And you can change the background setting too!)

I look on, as Lovetosell, 'horses' around! LOL!

All the best, Simon.
    Promote your eBid Sales with us on 'Second-Life'. If you'd like to join the SL eBid Group, please PM me for an Invite to help Promote your eBid Store/Listings!

'Rupert's Books' for Unusual used books!

All-About rupert691
    Forum Posts

Hi Ken, (I'm putting this up here, rather than PMing you, so all can see).

This is one of the 'Terms' I came across for renting a part of a Mall. (exchange rate is approx. 285 L$ to the USD at the moment). This is not the complete Mall I mentioned earlier, although it is in the same area. That one is for sale for L$500.

Anyway, here's the information, copied direct:-

Welcome to Mindulle
    Thank you for considering to rent at Mindulle Shoping Mall

The rental structure at Mindulle shoping Mall is as follows:
    The shoping mall ( one complete floor) : 50 prims for L$ 99/week
    The bigger regular shops ( not many) : 30 prims for L$ 60/week
    The Regular shops (many of this) : 25 prims for L$ 50/week
    The smallest shops ( stands): 4 prims for L$ 15/week
    All normal rental for 4 weeks or longer get a 10% discount !
    The terms and conditions of your rental are as follows:
    1) You must join the group, and set the group active when placing your objects.
    GROUP NAME YOU GET WHEN YOU PAY THE RENT.
    2) All objects/prims must be kept inside your shop/store ( on stands - on the tabel nothing on the ground). The only objects/prims allowed outside the building is a sign for your store. These objects/prims count toward your prim limit.
    3) Vendors are strongly discouraged as they contribute to lag. We do accept Vendors in the shops, but not on the stands outdoors.
    4) Particles, hover-text and rotation scripts are not permitted unless aproved by Adriana Hian These items contribute to lag as well.
    5) Camping devices and lucky chair(s) will be/have been set in place by the facility administrators, therefore there is no need to place these objects in your store. If you would like your items to be a prize for the lucky chairs, please let us know.
    6) No shouting vendors or other shouting objects. That's just annoying.
    7) Rent must be paid when it is due. A one (1) day grace period is in effect for all renters at Mindulle shoping Mall. If rent paid later than the grace period, your items will be returned to you and the shop/store will be put back for rent again.
    8) Refunds are possible unless there are less then 6 days left on your current rent. a refund surcharge of 20% will be in effect.
    9) At Mindulle shoping Mall nobody are allowed to sell any form of weapons, also no slotmachines or other sorts of 'gambling' devices are to be placed in the shops/stores. We will ask you to remove any of these if you choose to place them. If you do not remove them you can and will be evicted from the shop/store.
    10) Everyone renting at Mindulle shoping Mall is encouraged to create events to attract people to the mall, if you are organising an event and need extra prims just IM Adriana Hian and you will be able to use extra prims at no cost !
    11) If you violate any of these terms and conditions the administration reserves the right to revoke your lease with no refund.
    12) We are a growing community, and we welcome your input and suggestions to improve traffic flow. In other words, if you have a great idea please bring it to our attention.
    **If you have any questions about any of this please feel free to IM Adriana Hian
    Promote your eBid Sales with us on 'Second-Life'. If you'd like to join the SL eBid Group, please PM me for an Invite to help Promote your eBid Store/Listings!

Forum Lurker
    View lottie2005's Feedback (+177)
    All-About lottie2005
    View lottie2005's Listings
    Forum Posts

Talking

Hi guys,
    Sorry i had to bow out tonight.Many pc crashes then SL message saying closed for maintenance when i tried to log back in.I am going to try using my lap top tomorrow.So fingers crossed less crashes.My PC seems to crash when there is free money on offer.Since i have had my ebid thingy above my head i seem to be exempt from doing surveys for free cash too.
    An absolute scream though.
    I will try and find my hair,although if i cant i am not too concerned.I think it suits me bald at least until the new year.Thank you for the offer lending me your hair Simon, but as you say i would look kind of strange with a beard.
    Come on everyone join us it is fun.Your sides will ache.
    Kind regards,
    Michaela aka Lottie 2005 Anthony (baldy)

Default Sl

Really sorry you had to leave us lottie. Experience wasn't too good tonight though as it all seemed a bit buggy. We all gave up with it!!

All-About rupert691
    Forum Posts

Hi guys,
    Sorry i had to bow out tonight.Many pc crashes then SL message saying closed for maintenance when i tried to log back in.I am going to try using my lap top tomorrow.So fingers crossed less crashes.My PC seems to crash when there is free money on offer.Since i have had my ebid thingy above my head i seem to be exempt from doing surveys for free cash too.
    An absolute scream though.
    I will try and find my hair,although if i cant i am not too concerned.I think it suits me bald at least until the new year.Thank you for the offer lending me your hair Simon, but as you say i would look kind of strange with a beard.
    Come on everyone join us it is fun.Your sides will ache.
    Kind regards,
    Michaela aka Lottie 2005 Anthony (baldy)
    Hi Michaela!

I was just about to PM you, to tell you that I crashed as well (and I imagine the others did too), because of the Maintenance thing - the Grid is down! I think Linden have been losing so many Inventories, that they're spending time trying to sort it out once and for all.(I'd really advise NOT to move anything, or open anything from your Inventory, - this is what Linden advises at the moment, until they say otherswise). So, in a nutshell, I don't think it's necessarily a problem with your PC, but it may well work better on your Laptop, so give it a go, and let me know how you get on!

Re. the Surveys, I could never get those to work, and I know a few other SL'ers who couldn't either, - a lot are a con too, just trying for private information, although not all are, and the 'con' type ones are apparently, fairly easy to spot. (You can always switch off the 'eBid Group Sign' if you run into problems, and switch between other Groups when you join them, although obviously the more you use it, the more promtion eBid will get)(Just Right-click your avatar, 'Groups', and then click 'Deactivate', or 'None' (or maybe it's something else, I'm not sure becuase I'm in several Groups, so I don't have that option).

It was really nice to 'virtually' meet you over there! A real hoot wasn't it! LOL! Your 'bald' look does grow on you, and looks seriously SL! LOL!

Thought you'd like to see this! (Snapped before baldness ensued!)
    Left, to right:- Lottie2005, Myself, Lovetosell and Ropegg. Come on fellas - look what you're missing! Join-up, before it's too late! LOL!

Thread Information