eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 5 of 85 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555 ... LastLast

Thread: Project Second-Life - Promote eBid for peanuts!

View ropegg's Feedback (+424)
    All-About ropegg
    View ropegg's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rupert691 View Post
    If anyone else in the SL Group, would like me to add thier details for the Notecards, please let me know.

Thanks again for your support, Simon.

PS. Sorry I initially thought you were a spy for a certain 'bar'. LOL! Please accept my apologies.
    Hi Simon,
    I would like my 4 store details added to the Notecards -- do you need me to send them to you or will you just take them from my sig.?

I would like to have been there for that --- a spy -- that would have been funny.
    My stores:
    Ropegg
    Cups-Cups-Cups
    And Other Stuff
    Peggy A's Jewels

God Bless and have a great day!!!!

View rupert691's Feedback (+2286)
    All-About rupert691
    View rupert691's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lovetosell View Post
    Didn't think anyone could get kicked out of a virtual cafe, that had me giggling from the start. Don't worry about the "spy" bit it made me laugh even more! LOL

Wendy
    I didn't think anyone could get kicked out of a virtual cafe either!!!!! (I'm extremely unlucky to be honest, and generally if something can go wrong for me, it does. NYK will verify this LOL! Everything happens to me). To be honest, I wasn't actually kicked out, but I was 'warned' and told that 'I was very lucky I hadn't been banned', and all I was doing was talking to Ropegg about eBid in general! Next thing, it was 'If I see you trying to get members for your group in here....', well you know the rest! I don't think the manager understood, that Peggy was ALREADY an eBid member, and thought I was putting pressure on people to join eBid. (Actually, there's nothing to stop you 'inviting' anyone in SL to join a Group anyway, - that's how most Groups are started!).

That's why, when I didn't know who you were, I practically ignored you. I didn't realise who you were, as I didn't know your ID, and immediately I thought "Hello! ******* 's put you up to trying to get me to sign you up for the eBid Group, and then she can say I was putting pressure on members near the 'Bar'. That's why I said you have to ask me if you can join the Group, I'm not going to ask you. If you hadn't said who you were, I'd have totally ignored you . Very, very sorry. Buy it is hilarious, loooking back at it now, isn't it? It's enough to make anyone walk through the Bar with a 'LittleRed Riding Costume' on! Tomorrow, maybe! Ha! Ha!

LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by ropegg View Post
    Hi Simon,
    I would like my 4 store details added to the Notecards -- do you need me to send them to you or will you just take them from my sig.?

I would like to have been there for that --- a spy -- that would have been funny.
    No problem at all Peggy, I'll just take them from your sig, and add them shortly. Then when I hand out Notecards (NOT near the Bar!), anyone interested, will get all our links in one go.

LOL! I was being VERY suspicious. I was sure someone was seeing if I was canvassing for members! LOL! (If you're in there tonight, don't mention eBid! you may get kicked out! LOL!)

All the best, Simon.
    Promote your eBid Sales with us on 'Second-Life'. If you'd like to join the SL eBid Group, please PM me for an Invite to help Promote your eBid Store/Listings!

'Rupert's Books' for Unusual used books!

View ropegg's Feedback (+424)
    All-About ropegg
    View ropegg's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thanks, I appreciate what you are doing. I won't mention eBid around the bar, in fact I think I will go back where we got stranded yesterday. Not sure if I will be on tonight though.
    My stores:
    Ropegg
    Cups-Cups-Cups
    And Other Stuff
    Peggy A's Jewels

God Bless and have a great day!!!!

All-About rupert691
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ropegg View Post
    Thanks, I appreciate what you are doing. I won't mention eBid around the bar, in fact I think I will go back where we got stranded yesterday. Not sure if I will be on tonight though.
    No problem Peggy, thanks for your, and everyone elses interest, and input in the Project. (You're brave going back to that place again!)

I think it could be very interesting, if some of us could rent small (inexpensive) shops over there at some point in the future. I'm certainly going to give it a go, when I've got a greater understanding of the ways things work.

Don't forget that SL eBid Group Members can contact each other over there directly, and meet up / Teleport etc., by using the 'Groups' part, and calling up the members list, and making contact through that.

All the best, Simon.
    Last edited by rupert691; 16th December 2007 at 10:43 PM.
    Promote your eBid Sales with us on 'Second-Life'. If you'd like to join the SL eBid Group, please PM me for an Invite to help Promote your eBid Store/Listings!

All-About rupert691
    Forum Posts

Evening all!

Just a couple of points.

I'm just in the process of updating the eBid 'Notecard' with links to members listings etc., so far I've got 'Ropegg' and 'Lovetosell', (thanks for that).

Would anyone else who has successfully joined the SL eBid Group, please confirm if it's OK for me to add their links, (Hypnotoad? Onlytheverybest? Anyone?). I'd like to do this, as it's all good promotion for eBid and our auctions, but just want to make sure it's OK before I actually do it. Let me know. (I'll be sending the updated Notecards out, as soon as it's done).

Also, (me, ever the cynic , - probably much more likely to be down to pre-Christmas buying), but I've sold more these last few days on eBid, than in the last few months! Strange, but very nice! Maybe ALL the different things that everyone is doing to promote eBid is working! (Anyone else noticed an increase in sales? I'm just wondering how widespread this is. LOL!)

For those on SL, don't forget that one of the simplest methods of self promotion you can do, is to put you links in your SL 'Profile' as well, (along with your 'Buddy Link', and the eBid.net URL and anything else that may help). Just right-click your Avatar, click 'Profile' and add the details.

Ken, I don't know if you're reading this, but I came across a ready-built 'Shopping Mall' on SL for L$500 (About 87p on the current exchange rate!), but the catch is, it needs to go on a certain piece of land that's very quite, and not particularly cheap, with not much prospect of Customers passing by at the moment, although maybe in the future as the area develops things will improve. But, given different circumstances, wouldn't it be good (as you said), to have a large eBid Shopping Mall, with lots of little shops and galleries inside, so everyone could have their own rented premises together in one, big building.

All the best for now, (thanks again for everyone's support!), Simon.

Yes that sounds like a great idea, buying land now even if it doesn't have traffic at the moment could be a good investment for later perhaps, just like the big supermmarkets buying up land in real life.
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

Chester - Le - Street, Durham, United Kingdom
    View Armstrongs's Feedback (+1436)
    All-About Armstrongs
    View Armstrongs's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kengillam View Post
    Yes that sounds like a great idea, buying land now even if it doesn't have traffic at the moment could be a good investment for later perhaps, just like the big supermmarkets buying up land in real life.
    Hi Simon

Ye, agree with Ken.... forward thinking, buy cheap!

Can u take info from my sig for notecards? tis fine with me

Yvonne x

Look here for Crafty Bits

Find the Beamish Bazaar here!

I'M A YDC SUPPORTER!
    Find eBid's monthly charity auctions HERE on the 24th!

All-About rupert691
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kengillam View Post
    Yes. I must admit, it did look interesting, even if there are some snags. It looks a very large shopping mall (can't remember what the area-size was now, but certainly large). I think I'll go and have another look if I can find it again , and get the land price too.

Absolutely right about RL Supermarkets buying up land. I keep reading time and time again that everything that happens in RL, does eventually happen in SL.

All the best, Simon.

All-About rupert691
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyTheVeryBest View Post
    Hi Simon

Ye, agree with Ken.... forward thinking, buy cheap!

Can u take info from my sig for notecards? tis fine with me

Yvonne x
    Thanks Yvonne, will add it. No problem. (The Notecards that are the latest version (ie. have the greatest number of links etc. on, will have a later 'V--' Number, so it's easier to see which the older ones are, and then delete them). these can then be given out to anyone who is interested 'over there'.

I'll forward the latest version, as soon as it's done, via the Group.

Yes, I'll go and get some more info about this Mall 'over there' (if I can find it again), and report back. (I only went there, because it was empty, and seemed like a good place to change my 'virtual' trousers in private! ).

Another 'land' possibility, and this sounds (and probably is!) completely daft, is that apparently you can buy underwater land (I kid you not!) Since avatar's don't breath (yet!), you can 'build' underwater, and land there is much less expensive. The main disadvantage, as far as I can see, is that no-one really knows the land is there! Alright for an exclusive 'retreat', but not ideal if you're looking for Customers! (If I've 'missed' something obvious about underwater land, and anyone finds any REAL advantage that I've overlooked, please feel free to let me know. LOL!

Now off to update Notecard, and go 'over there' to check Mall etc. out.

View mobymatt's Feedback (+1580)
    All-About mobymatt
    View mobymatt's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rupert691 View Post
    Evening all!

Would anyone else who has successfully joined the SL eBid Group, please confirm if it's OK for me to add their links, (Hypnotoad? Onlytheverybest? Anyone?). I'd like to do this, as it's all good promotion for eBid and our auctions, but just want to make sure it's OK before I actually do it. Let me know. (I'll be sending the updated Notecards out, as soon as it's done).

Simon.
    Evening Simon!

Please feel free to add my links - I'd be very grateful for the extra publicity (don't bother with the Christmas Cabin though as that'll be going offline soon for obvious reasons )

Can't spare any time tonight but I'll try to pay a prolonged visit to SL either tomorrow or Wednesday to see what's what.

Might see one or two of you there...

Matt

Thread Information