eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 4 of 85 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454 ... LastLast

Thread: Project Second-Life - Promote eBid for peanuts!

View rupert691's Feedback (+2286)
    All-About rupert691
    View rupert691's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kengillam View Post
    Simon you say you spent your early time building things, what about building an out of town eBid Superstore and listing some stuff in that, just a random thought.
    Hi Ken, Yes, that's a very good idea.

The big problem is you have to buy land to do it (and you'd need a fairly large piece for a Superstore), and land itself is quite expensive. (eg. there's an island I'm looking at right now, which is 8912m2, and that's priced up at about £120 (real-money). Then depending on what you put on it, you may have to pay a monthly amount. The bigger the building, the more the fees and so on. (Occassionally land is given away, but no one knows until the last minute, and there's such a rush, very few have any chance in securing any).

I think it's probably more cost effective to rent a smaller area, just for a shop, or shops even (in a shopping mall, so there's more chance of Customers), to see how it goes (though this will be early next year, I would think). Some small shop areas can be around 50p per week, - I've even seen some at 14p! Everyone wants to rent near to a 'teleport' area, where most people are, and that's more expensive.

Ultimately, it may be best to just have small rented shop/s, until I'm more certain. Then if it's successful, buy land in the future. (Groups can 'club-together' and buy land (with 'virtual' money), but I'm not sure how this would work). Or it may just be easier to put some billboards up, - these vary in price a lot, but are still much less expensive than I would imagine the real thing to be.

Will keep you posted. Thanks for your interest Ken.

Best wishes, Simon.
    Promote your eBid Sales with us on 'Second-Life'. If you'd like to join the SL eBid Group, please PM me for an Invite to help Promote your eBid Store/Listings!

'Rupert's Books' for Unusual used books!

All-About rupert691
    Forum Posts

Morning all!

A slight setback, I'm afraid. Re. proposed eBid Group Meeting for 16th. Due to the logistics involved in getting everyone online at the same time and in the same virtual location, and also 'concerns' from a Manager of the 'Bar' earlier this evening, that a few of us meeting there, and discussing eBid, could 'undermine the Bar and their own advertising', I feel that the best way to handle the eBid SL Group is to Invite members to join individually. (If you'd like to join, just let me know your SL User Name and I'll add it to the Group like that). While I fully appreciate that the 'Bar' is paid for by Nestle, I simply cannot see how a few of us informally discussing an eBid Group, can be a threat to their advertising, (in fact it would be promoting 'Coffee' at some level, because we'd see the advert during the meeting). eBid and Nestle are not in the same business either, so the whole thing just doesn't add up. Residents talk about many aspects of Business there, (and wear t-shirts, Group titles etc.). I suspect it has more to do with the fact that '*******************' (who handled the Nestle/Coffee contract), want to deal with any eBid advertising themselves, rather than let it's users do it, inexpensively and legitimately. (Interestingly, I was also informed that the 'Bar' cost about the equivalent of £160 per month in advertising, which is split eight ways. This is comparatively small, when compared to eBid's budget, so that at least, is some good news).

This will not affect the eBid SL Group in any way, or my plans for promotion, renting shops etc., just that one of the managers doesn't want us to meet in that particular location, to fine-tune the Group.

Will keep everyone updated with progress and developments.

Best wishes (and apologies ), Simon.
    Last edited by rupert691; 16th December 2007 at 03:58 PM.
    Promote your eBid Sales with us on 'Second-Life'. If you'd like to join the SL eBid Group, please PM me for an Invite to help Promote your eBid Store/Listings!

Hi

Firstly - Wow this thread has half grown since the other night when I was trying out SL!!

Secondly - I am sorry but I can't make today anyway. My name on SL in CrowlasCraft Jonson (Do you have to have a surname?)

Thirdly - I haven't managed to have the time to try again yet - but thanks very much for the advice on how to stop it crashing. I will try that next time.

Chester - Le - Street, Durham, United Kingdom
    View Armstrongs's Feedback (+1436)
    All-About Armstrongs
    View Armstrongs's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi Simon

I'm Mistebid Ansome, but not "up & runnin" yet lol

Yvonne x

Look here for Crafty Bits

Find the Beamish Bazaar here!

I'M A YDC SUPPORTER!
    Find eBid's monthly charity auctions HERE on the 24th!

All-About rupert691
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CrowlasCrafts View Post
    Hi

Firstly - Wow this thread has half grown since the other night when I was trying out SL!!

Secondly - I am sorry but I can't make today anyway. My name on SL in CrowlasCraft Jonson (Do you have to have a surname?)

Thirdly - I haven't managed to have the time to try again yet - but thanks very much for the advice on how to stop it crashing. I will try that next time.
    Hi Jo ,

No problem at all. I'll add your name to the Group, then when you do log on, just hit the 'accept' button that will appear.

Re. Surname, when I joined, you had to pick one from a list, so I think you still have to pick a surname.

Thanks for persevering with SL Jo.

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyTheVeryBest View Post
    Hi Simon

I'm Mistebid Ansome, but not "up & runnin" yet lol

Yvonne x
    Hi Yvonne,

I've added you too. As above, just hit 'accept', to join the group when you log on.

All the best, Simon.

If anyone else would like to join-up (there are NO obligations, other than just 'joining'), and can let me know their User Name, AND log-on to SL to 'accept', it'd be really great, because if I can't achieve the minimum number of members within the next 10 hours or so, the Group gets closed down, and I lose the L$100 I've paid to get it going. Getting worried now .

View mobymatt's Feedback (+1580)
    All-About mobymatt
    View mobymatt's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi Simon,

Sign me up if you want - my username is MishPish Munster.

I'll probably log in for half an hour or so later.

Matt

All-About rupert691
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hypnotoad View Post
    Hi Simon,

Sign me up if you want - my username is MishPish Munster.

I'll probably log in for half an hour or so later.

Matt
    Excellent Matt! Will do.

Much appreciated!

All the best, Simon.

PS. Love your User Name too!

Talking

Just had the most hilarious time in SL. Thanks Simon for showing me around and giving me such a great laugh.

I think it has great advertising prospects. Just need to learn how everything works and how best to use it.

Wendy

All-About rupert691
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lovetosell View Post
    Just had the most hilarious time in SL. Thanks Simon for showing me around and giving me such a great laugh.

I think it has great advertising prospects. Just need to learn how everything works and how best to use it.

Wendy
    You're very welcome Wendy! It was a laugh wasn't it? LOL! Good job you didn't get to see my 'Little Red Riding Hood' Avatar! LOL! (Now that'll get everyone thinking , and a very small number may evenbe jealous they don't have one!).

If you'd like to PM me your email address, I've just found up the SL 'Templates' (for clothes desgin, and instructions you were interested in). It's about a 7MB Zip file. Anyway, just let me know if you 'd like it, and I'll send it.)

Also, let me know if you'd like me to add the links to your Store/s etc., to the eBid Notecards I'm going to give out to those interested in eBid on SL. If anyone else in the SL Group, would like me to add thier details for the Notecards, please let me know. (I'll hopefully be updating the Notecard, every few days, and adding new members links etc.)

Thanks again for your support, Simon.

PS. Sorry I initially thought you were a spy for a certain 'bar'. LOL! Please accept my apologies.
    Last edited by rupert691; 16th December 2007 at 09:22 PM.

Didn't think anyone could get kicked out of a virtual cafe, that had me giggling from the start. Don't worry about the "spy" bit it made me laugh even more! LOL

Wendy

Thread Information