eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 85 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353 ... LastLast

Thread: Project Second-Life - Promote eBid for peanuts!

View rupert691's Feedback (+2286)
    All-About rupert691
    View rupert691's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hypnotoad View Post
    Got to hand it to you Simon...you know how to sell an idea!

I've joined, installed the client software and this is what's happened so far in the 15 mins I've been brave enough to try:
    1. As soon as I joined I saw loads of naked people nearby
    2. They were all men
    3. Loads of people kept saying "Hey" or "Hi" to me so naturally I just ran away as fast as possible
    4. The person I have created as me really annoys me - is there any way I can punch myself in the face? (or change the way I look without resorting to plastic surgery?)
    5. I've stolen a car, run over some rats and learned how to fly...sounds like graduation night all over again
    Joking aside I think this place has got great potential - I just need to slow down on the running away from anyone who tries to speak to me
    ROFLMOO! Nice one Hypnotoad! You did all that in only 15mins! You're a fast learner! LOL!

OK, 'naked people': Probably newbies 'editing their appearance' and usually appear to be grey, until firstly, they've either got their avatar edited (or your screen has 'rezzed' them), or secondly, got their clothes on (though you're not supposed to take your clothes off in a 'PG' area). I've found myself hiding behind a tree changing my trousers because I was in a PG area, rather than teleport. (Sick isn't it?)

All men? Strange. Most of the newbies usually experiment with wings and tails, and look more like giant foxes, than men. LOL!

One way to avoid the 'Hey' syndrome, which there is a lot of, is to fill out in your profile, that your 'Language' is Welsh, of Czech or something like that. Then you can usually get away with ignoring anyone you don't like the look of! LOL!

You can easily edit your avatar. Click (right-click I think) on your avatar, and hit the 'Edit'. Then modify to your hearts content! Loads of options. When I joined up, I received a 'Little Red Riding Hood' Avatar in my Inventory. This IS really annoying, but handy if you don't want anyone to recognize you from a distance. LOL!

All the best, Simon.
    Promote your eBid Sales with us on 'Second-Life'. If you'd like to join the SL eBid Group, please PM me for an Invite to help Promote your eBid Store/Listings!

'Rupert's Books' for Unusual used books!

Forum Lurker
    View lottie2005's Feedback (+177)
    All-About lottie2005
    View lottie2005's Listings
    Forum Posts

Smile

Hi Simon,
    When I went on to SL yesterday after reregistering I had to learn to walk and kill rats in a stolen car,which i managed!!!However I couldnt drive to the flying centre to learn to fly as I couldnt find it !! so I had to give up.Do I not have to do this bit? or if I do where is the flying centre anyone please !!!
    Kind regards,
    Michaela aka SL Lottie 2005 Anthony
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Forum Lurker
    View lottie2005's Feedback (+177)
    All-About lottie2005
    View lottie2005's Listings
    Forum Posts

Talking

Hi,
    I am going into SL now to try again.If I never return you know where I have gone!!!
    Kind regards,
    Attached Images Attached Images  

All-About rupert691
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lottie2005 View Post
    Hi Simon,
    When I went on to SL yesterday after reregistering I had to learn to walk and kill rats in a stolen car,which i managed!!!However I couldnt drive to the flying centre to learn to fly as I couldnt find it !! so I had to give up.Do I not have to do this bit? or if I do where is the flying centre anyone please !!!
    Kind regards,
    Hi Michaela ,

Gosh I've REALLY missed out! LOL! I've never even come across a rat (or a stolen car) on SL . (I can imagine you and Hypnotoad as the 'Bonnie and Clyde' of SL, stealing cars and all that!)

I'm guessing it must be a fairly new thing, because when I joined around January 2007 (I think), all I did was 'arrive' in a place called Hamnida, edit my Avatar, and that was about it. I just went off exploring, and meeting people, (oh, and building things).

It's possible that you may not have to do this. I honestly don't know. Just try not to do it, and see if you can get-away without, because it certainly sounds easier to avoid it. LOL!

Now one thing that may be helpful, to those new to SL, are 'Money Trees'. There are (or were) lists of where these are located, (if there aren't lists anymore, ask a 'Mentor', or do a search in the 'Search' box on your SL display, for Money Trees). Money Trees will give free L$ to new members for the first 30 days of their account. I missed out on this a bit when I joined, but L$ can be earned easily at some of the 'Camping Spots' located in SL, though some pay better than others.

Thanks for giving it a try, - let me know if you get stuck. I'll add you to my 'friend's list, if I may.

All the best, Simon.
    Promote your eBid Sales with us on 'Second-Life'. If you'd like to join the SL eBid Group, please PM me for an Invite to help Promote your eBid Store/Listings!

Newton Stewart, Dumfries and Galloway, United Kingdom
    View nykmedia's Feedback (+922)
    All-About nykmedia
    View nykmedia's Listings
    Forum Posts

I'm still locked out my account! Fileas Frog is lost somewhere in SL and I can't go find him
    Be my eBuddy - Join eBid HERE

Raising funds to help feed rescue ponies via my eBid Frugaldom store

Still winning with Racing Book Shop

All-About rupert691
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nykmedia View Post
    I'm still locked out my account! Fileas Frog is lost somewhere in SL and I can't go find him
    Sorry to hear that Susan .

Try re-registering with a 'new' User Name and Password, just to make sure you can get into SL, - oh, and steer clear of the rats that Hynotoad and Michaela ran into .

For anyone interested, I'm in the process of putting together a 'virtual' 'Welcome pack', with a 'Notecard', (which is essentially a 'text-file' that is transferrable between members in SL), with info about eBid on.

The idea, is that everyone in the Group will be given it (along with some goodies, if I can get them sorted in time!), and if it's handed round (one at a time) from member to member, each can add their Store details and link, so by the end, everyone should have a Notecard with eveyone's Store details on. It's probably a good idea to 'Date' the Notecard too, so newer versions, can over-write older ones. Gosh I'm rambling! LOL!

Back to work.

Simon.

All-About rupert691
    Forum Posts

Hi everyone.

If anyone would like to let me know their Full SL User Name, it'd be great, so I can get some Group 'Invites' sent out.

All the best, Simon.

Quote Originally Posted by rupert691 View Post
    Hi Yvonne,

(Sorry I didn't answer your post, in my last one. I'm still not sure how to quote two people in one post )
    Quote Originally Posted by sdk View Post
    1. Hit "Quote"
    2. select all
    3. Copy
    4. Switch to text editor
    5. Paste
    6. return to thread
    7. find next post you want to quote
    8. Quote, copy, paste to editor
    9. edit till done
    10. select all
    11. Copy
    12. Switch to thread
    13. Paste
    14. Submit
    Yes, that's the hard way.
    Alternatively you can use the forum software to do it the easy way.

At the end of each previous post you'll see three buttons. The one in between 'quote' and 'reply' is the multi-quote button.

Go to each post you want to quote - and there could be lots - and click the multi-quote button on each one. You'll see it changes colour. Then, on the last one, you ALSO hit the quote button. Then you can edit out any bits you don't want to reply to, add in your own stuff and post it. Easy as that.

All-About rupert691
    Forum Posts

LOL! Many thanks Damian! I'll have a go next time. (TBH I didn't even realise the one in the middle was a button, I always just thought it was a graphic).

Thanks again, - now off to try and put some 'virtual' steam on a 'virtual' coffee mug.

Best wishes, Simon.

Simon you say you spent your early time building things, what about building an out of town eBid Superstore and listing some stuff in that, just a random thought.
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

Thread Information